How possible to prevent robot from being copied by broker/admin-staff-of-broker, or anyone who has access to my files over broker platform?

Hiya,

Coding/developing robots that really works and has thousands of code lines is time consuming progress. Even when I code my own robot, broker/admin-staff-of-broker, or anyone who has access to my files over broker platform CAN POTENTIALLY copy my robot and use in their accounts and make millions,… So when my account will growth, it take broker’s attention, maybe flag up my account to find my strategy, so if they see I’m using robot, they CAN POTENTIALLY copy it. So I lose my patent robot and some guys making money that they shouldn’t. Even If I setup my own Trading OS, or buy a VPS to setup my own trading OS to run my strategy remotely, can my strategy still copied to server of broker, e.g. like in the TEMP folder. So while it should actually run independently from broker VPS, the can put a code on their client side platform to copy the robot to the broker server, even if they don’t use that robot for opening/closing positions for trade for me, they can use/keep it for themselves.
Also they guy who is selling me VPS, he see that I so FX trading, so he is not stupid, as he is seeing my files, he can copy it for himself as well. Do you know are the VPS server admin-staff can see how much my account will growth by running that robot, is yes, how to prevent this? Definitely I’m so ++++++++ but, this will not guarantee my patent robot. How this can be prevented? Any idea?

Thnx :blush:

We have the idea that you’re a schoolkid, or a troll, or something.

Believe me: to put it mildly, this is the LEAST of your problems.

I suggest you learn to become a steadily profitable trader (it will take you many years, if you manage it at all) before worrying about other people copying what you do!

4 Likes

I think you are being too paranoid. I’m paranoid… but you’re on a whole new level. Just stick to your strategy.

Copying other traders code would be happening all the time. The LP’s (not Brokers) algorithms are designed and constantly updated to flatten risk from any and all EA’s, strategies that appear in the market.

Any of these Wall Street, Pip Wizard, Fury EA’s etc. would be uncompiled by the big boys IT depts and adjustments made to their Algo’s over time to flatten the success rate of any software used against them.

IF your “patent robot” is successful…a ginormous IF… The only issue with the Robots logic being spread around is that it will become less and less effective over time. Algorithms used by the LP’s are constantly evolving to defeat any consistently successful strategy used by retail traders.

Hence why most Strategies or EA’s either have to be constantly tweaked or become ineffective over time.

Sweet Ride on the EURUSD on Friday thanks to that derivatives contract. 100+ pips right there…

1 Like

Hey T, whats up. In MHO, what drove that move on Friday was Yellenmelon basically said nothing, staying with the dovish flipflop. Also splits are usually used as a hedge against a negative or opposite move. This would indicate somone is long Euro, and really big, yuuuuuuuuuge. So they may have been being cautious. Splits usually are not traded as a sole instrument since they are synthetic, basically made up to fill a niche. Its not like trading Softs or Metals.

The Ever observant VIPER

hiya @Trendswithbenefits

If robot can make huge amount of money in SHORT time. So they can’t prevent this easily. Also If you can encrypt your algorithm with custom made pattern+salt, its very difficult to “would be uncompiled by the big boys IT depts and adjustments made to their Algo’s over time to flatten the success rate of any software used against them”.
Uncompile is when they use pre-produced cryptographic algorithms, so ts possible to uncompile can happen. As algorithms done in the broker platforms or general platforms like MT4/MT5/CTrader/Ninjatrader,… So they compile it, they can uncompile it even you use the prevent-from-uncompile options in brokers/IDE platform. So, I don’t have any idea about this, how to make it hard or impossible to challenge my algorithm.
Also I like to lean everything, until my algorithm works, I don’t have rush in learning the rest of this forex science.
I’m still looking for cryptography idea or any scientific-trick that can prevent most of guys from uncompiling to detecting the idea of that robot,… every part of it… but how?

thnx :sunglasses:

I dream of the day when I go long on the Vietnamese Dong on a bullish inverted reverse candelabra and my spread-betting company sees this and joins in, and so does their parent company and their bank, and then their bank’s bank and some guys from some other banks hear about it in a bar in Macau and they go long too and before you know it I’m rich enough to not even bother with trading.

5 Likes

psssssst this guy… I’ve been a programmer couple years all this time you are worrying about someone coping your algo your algo is loosing it’s edge. Even if you turned $100 into $1M in a day I guarantee you none of the big boys will bother because by tomorrow or next week or next moth it will looses it edge when they updates their strategies. How many EA’s from 2015 still make profit? How many EA’s from January 2017 still make profit? I suggest you get to catching pips when you still have an edge because edges aren’t forever, good traders are!!! see this TraderFeed: When Discipline Works--And When It Doesn’t

3 Likes

hiya @grimtrader

thnx. and I partially agree with this, specially make as much as possible while the EA works. Regarding EA that don’t works after several months, I think as the big guys have access to them, they can add a noise or something that cause the EA get margin call anytime, if they have a source of the code and be able to access the algorithm…
regarding being a good trader, you can be profitable forever, its right. but I believe I have lots of dreams in my life to chase up, so I don’t like stay all the days at home as because I’M TRADING/DayTrading,… so I lose my life by this(my cost is losing my beautiful life in front of computer). I’m thinking to make money as much as possible with each EA that I can write. Unfortunately the platforms of EA’s programming are not so sophisticated like proper programming language and I don’t have a top-down approach to build the ultimate system that can be 1)dynamic 2)adaptable 3)stealth 4)with-interchangeable-parts ,… as part of my goal. So this can defeat everything, any market condition! but this is hard to code as I don’t have a top-down approach that ‘How each EA compiling system works’ so I can understand that how to develop a Ultimate EA.

Developing an EA compiling system for yourself it time consuming, even if you pay to guys in industry, it will cost you a lot to develop this kind of compiler, then you should setup your own server to run this compiler’s output,…

At the end I’m looking to find a solution that I develop a EA with interchangeable parts, so if they time comes and I get loses, I upgrade part and make it works like Ferrari again!

I need some help and advise, but this is something that hard to find, and some people(I don’t mean you definitely!) don’t share their knowledge here, so I don’t know even shall I continue here to find smart people collaborate or not, While my time is limited for every goal.

Also I’m partially :blush: but still :confused: in this big challenge.
thnx

Find a broker with C++ or FIX API.
Write your client in C or C++.
Deploy on your laptop, on Linux with encrypted filesystem.

2 Likes

I have an idea. Create such good system make millions of profit.
Then you can solve such BS like broker willing to steal your files from your computer :slight_smile:

As a ‘great’ programmer and a man with ‘secrets’, you should not build an EA with everything. Consider this me sharing knowledge: All your ‘trading secrets’ should be in an app/service of their own which runs independently of MT4, 5 or whatever you use. You then build an EA that runs on those platforms which only takes orders or suggestions like BUY AUD/USD. This way the trading magic happens elsewhere so even if “they” decompile your work they only get next to nothing. It can’t get any safer than this, unless you build your own trading platform and connect directly to the markets yourself. And if you are still afraid that your hosting service will steal your magic you can buy a pc and make it your server in your private network in the safety of your bedroom :grin: . But you’d have to cover the cost running it 24/7, manage it’s IP and other tiny technical things that will consume more of your time than actually trading manually. Also if you build a service then instead of sending orders to an ea you can send them to your phone and place the trades manually. This way it looks like you are a manual trader and because it takes so little time to open order in mt5 or 4 app you still have time for your “life”. You will also realize that building a service that is independent of the brokers platform will allow you to use other agreeable programming languages, throw in some new age cool stuff like machine learning etc etc. Look into this approach, you could even use JavaScript for all I care. I wish you success man…

1 Like

hiya @grimtrader[quote=“grimtrader, post:17, topic:112308”]
you should not build an EA with everything
[/quote]

but how?

Do you mean I should use API programming to develop such a system?[quote=“grimtrader, post:17, topic:112308”]
You then build an EA that runs on those platforms which only takes orders or suggestions like BUY AUD/USD
[/quote]
Do you mean broker platform or my API-app?

If I encrypt linux filesystem with private key, can the hosting/VPS see my files? As if they don’t see what I’ve running in the VPS, so they don’t know what is for stealing! What about this?

sorry, I didn’t get exactly what you mean in the term of creating service, so how this service will get connected to broker, and how to my phone, how the data feeds comes in?[quote=“grimtrader, post:17, topic:112308”]
You will also realize that building a service that is independent of the brokers platform will allow you to use other agreeable programming languages
[/quote]
not sure how to connect, do you mean connect another scripting language by API, but where is the data feeds, is it come to platform of broker and I connect my app by API to broker? Even If I program with API, code should be compiled by broker compiler as far as I know. Maybe there is possibility to prevent this, but not sure?

I’m thinking of creating a secret message, maybe by email, that I can sent to robot that I compiled with broker platform, if my email message or subject have a Private-Key that match with Shared-Key of compiled script, they can match the HASH, if hash, matched, then robot start learning. What do you think about this?

Thnx :sunglasses:

You need to expand your mind on systems architecture. Get your mind out of this mentality of “if I use platform X, my EA has to use X’s api, X’s language & even run in X.” 1. You can collect your own data. go figure out how to collect those ticks from your brokers platform (mt4 has DDE). 2. When you have a tick stream you don’t need the platform except only for the purposes of trading because most mechanical systems mostly rely on price data aka tick stream.

The point of having an independent app or service is so that you don’t connect to the broker with it!!! Also have you never heard of client-server model? Your EA and the mobile app (you will make) will be a client and your trading magic will reside in the server. This way your magic generates signals and your EA executes while your app notifies you of possible trading opportunities(you can use telegram API too!). You have a lot to learn if you want mystery and sophistication like this, but like I said earlier: get to catching pips already. You can also do that Linux encrypting and sending email with HASH thing :joy:

1 Like