How reliable is any broker's tick data?

I watched a video about the business model of market markers. Basically the idea is these market makers including fx brokers watch our trades closely and try their best to snatch our money as much as they can. If that is the case, how can we trust our brokers’ programming API if I want to develop a trading robot based on their ticks data? Any comments?

By the way, I am using OANDA’s Python API to read ticks into my model. But I realize sometimes I receive only ONE tick update (AUD/USD) in a few minutes, which looks strange to me.

Thanks

hello.

first, my opinions are only my opinions and you can throw em in the trash if you dont like my opinions…

having said that, if i needed tick data(which i dont), i would NEVER use a secondary source for tick data…

it is so EASY using metatrader to generate a tick data file… seriously, if you are using tick data, you shouldnt probably need maybe a month or two of it… why not just setup your computer to save a tick data file and then you do not need to worry about whether or not your data is legit or not.

btw, python is cool, i am sure, but ooohh, when you are writing trading code why wouldnt you write everything in C?

python so slow and not quite precise like C.

to each his own, i suppose.