How to automate my trading

Hi. I am interested in automating a trading strategy. However, I know nothing about programming, and I do not think my method is similar to the normal aglo analysis tools. Also, it utilizes Renko bars, instead of candles, not sure if that would make the programing more complicated or not, as I can’t set alerts in Tradingview when I use Renko bars, but can when I use candes.

I don’t know whether to hire someone, try to find a partner, a volunteer, or what. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this?

Hi, the cheapest way is learning how to code, or you can use ea builder like fx dreema.a lot also depends on how much you want to spend on automatic trading. Regards Greg

I have thought about learning to code, but I don’t know how much effort it would take our what languages and skills to learn. My goal is kind of specific and narrow, so I don’t want to waste time learning a lot of stuff I don’t need to learn, and miss out on the things I do need to learn, to accomplish my goal. Thanks for the feedback and suggestion though. I will take a look at fx dreema. As my system is based on price action, It is a very simple visual system, I am not sure how much of that is programmable with their tools or not. I will take a look and see. If anyone has any ideas on how to learn computer skills, just to build EA, let me know please, other than what Prof. Pips suggested.

I’m willing to spend a reasonable amount of money.

I was in the same boat, I have a very simple system and found that the best option for me was to use separate scripts and utilities to do different individual tasks.

I don’t know anything about writing scripts. I can set alerts, that’s about it.

I am considering hiring a metatrader freelancer, but I am kind of nervous about sharing my ideas with strangers.

I haven’t written anything, I trawled through the free codebase on mt4 until I found a utility that did a part of my unconventional strategy. I use three of these on different instances of the same currency and in combination they (more or less) allow me to automate my strategy.

you can always sign the NDA if it helps you to make a decision.

Yes, that is good advice. I wish I had their skill set.