How to calculate the Carry on Trades

Hi Guys

I am just wondering if anyone has a formula or knows how the Carry on trades is calculated , your help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Do you use MT4? If yes you can calculate the daily carry by writing a simple Expert using the code I will post next. The inputs are Lot Size and Direction of trade.

///////////////////////////////////////////////

enum D {Long = 0, Short = 1};
extern D Direction;// Long or Short
extern double LotSize;// Enter your lot size

void OnInit()
{
double PnL1Pip1Lot = MarketInfo(_Symbol,MODE_TICKVALUE)*10;

double LSR = SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_SWAP_LONG) * 0.1;// Long Swap Rate

double SSR = SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_SWAP_SHORT) * 0.1;// Short Swap Rate

// Daily Swap Rate for trade (DSR) - Formula

if (Direction == 0)

double DSR = (LSR) x (PnL1Pip1Lot) x (LotSize);

else

double DSR = (SSR) x (PnL1Pip1Lot) x (LotSize);

Comment(DSR);
}

///////////////////////////////////////

This should display the daily carry on the top left of the chart, the re is a triple rollover of the carry rate on Wednesday to account for the weekend. If any problems let me know.

If you don’t use MT4 the formula you need is that for “DSR” above.

1 Like

Hi Ropunzel

Thank you for you response , but I absolutely have no idea how or where to input the code that you sent me into my platform (MT4) to make it function and calculate the carry.

I ask , if possible if you may provide a step by step instruction on how to install the expert adviser as I am horrible at this IT stuff and I have not used any expert advisor. I only use indications , trendlines and trade execution functions . I have no idea where to begin

Thanks in advance

No worries. I give me a sec.

@ropunzel

Hope you didnt forget about me , your help would be greatly appreciated

Just sent you a PM…

There are many excellent calculators in the Tools section of this website :slight_smile: