How to Cope with Your First Failure on the Market?

If youโ€™ve suffered your first loss trading, you may feel like giving up. But, remember, this is a turning point for you and your trading journey. Stop now, and you will never feel the rush of victory! So here are some tips on how to get up if the market knocked you down.
๐Ÿญ. ๐—˜๐—บ๐—ฏ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด๐˜€
You might be feeling disappointed in yourself, in the market, and even in the whole world, which is completely understandable. Donโ€™t be afraid to embrace these feelings. Let yourself be disappointed or sad, but then address your feelings. Why are you feeling this way? Donโ€™t judge yourself for not being a successful trading millionaire from the moment you stepped onto the trading platform. Baby-steps!
๐Ÿฎ. ๐— ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—ฒ๐˜…๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€
Do not expect to become the next most successful trader right away. So instead, lower your expectations a bit, especially if you are a beginner and still figuring out the market. Your first failure is the perfect time to evaluate your expectations for this new activity and adjust them. Try researching risk-management strategies as a start.
๐Ÿฏ. ๐—ง๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐˜๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ป ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—บ ๐—บ๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐˜€
Research is what you need at the moment. To avoid repeating mistakes, you need to know what went wrong. Maybe you entered the market without managing your risk or learning about your instruments. Did you receive the news about the specific instrument way too late? Well, hereโ€™s your chance to learn and not make it again. Do your homework to avoid repeating mistakes!
๐Ÿฐ. ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ป โ€” ๐—ฏ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ต
It is the perfect time to try again โ€” but without errors. You could start by using a trading strategy if you didnโ€™t have one before or pick a new one if the previous one failed. Choose from hundreds of trading strategies weโ€™ve already written about, or create your own based on the research youโ€™ve done. Good for you!
๐Ÿฑ. ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฝ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ โ€” ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€๐—ณ๐˜‚๐—น โ€” ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ผ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฒ
Comparing yourself you others can only stop you stop from succeeding because thereโ€™s always going to be someone bigger, better, faster, and stronger. That applies to all of your activities in life, but trading especially. So, instead, compare yourself to your old self from a few days, weeks, or months ago. Are you more knowledgeable now? Do you have a better understanding of the market? If the answer is yes โ€“ great, youโ€™re moving in the right direction. If your answer is no, you need to fix that to start growing.
๐Ÿฒ. ๐—ฅ๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฒ
You probably know that true success takes a lot of effort and hard work. Here are some examples of people who got back up and rose to the top even after life got them down.

4 Likes

Brilliant post! will be great for lots to read

1 Like

Interesting read! :blush: Makes me wonder. Whatโ€™s your most memorable failure in forex? :thinking:

1 Like

The first loss should be in a demo account.

After that you need to work out what sort of loss it was. If you were correctly following a consistently profitable strategy it was just an inherent loser. Pick yourself up and get on to the next trade.

2 Likes

For me, the only true failure is when you quit. There are top traders who blew their accounts multiple times.

Do NOT quit!!! Keep going!!!

2 Likes

Nah, never. First time around, I gave up when I suffered my first 100 losses. Still didnโ€™t break the bank, but took it down by 75%. That was over 15 years ago. This is my fourth foray into Forex. NGU I say (never give up)
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

And youโ€™re still going! @Mondeoman this is a story that motivates new traders to keep going! Thanks for sharing!

Iโ€™m grateful for more experienced traders who share their stories here.

I reached out to a veteran trader and he told me his story: saved up, traded, and lost a ton of money his first year. But he didnโ€™t give upโ€”he just kept going. After that, he started making profits.

I just needed one story so I could know that forex was real.

2 Likes