How to execute a trade on your laptop

hi , i am a complete novice , and have just set up a demo account , on meta 5 , could somebody please talk me through how to execute a trade on my laptop

I’m not familiar with meta 5, so can only offer general trading advice.

You can either buy ( go long) if you think price is going to rise, or you can sell (go short) if you think price is going to fall. Same rules apply to either buying or selling, just reversed according to the direction.

Demo is a great way to learn, and it’s risk-free. Therefore, just select any forex pair with a chart over the last month which has price starting at bottom left and ending at top right. Then see what happens and report it here.

Hi! To execute a trade on MT5, find the “Market Watch” window on the left. Locate the currency pair or asset you want to trade, right-click on it, and select “New Order.” In the order window, choose your trade size (lot size) and decide if you want to buy or sell. Finally, click “Buy” or “Sell” to place your trade. That’s it

thanks for the reply profitpilot , i followed your instructions , executed my trade and made a 5+ pip profit
but its not showing up in my demo balance what am i doing wrong ?
thanks steve w

Did you close the trade?

i did the reverse of executing the trade , when ive done that do i need press the close bar ?
thanks
steve w

1 Like

You better watch the tutorial @Heteroskedasticity sent.

1 Like