How to find profitable EA ideas?

@sivricmarijan
firstly, i dont know who you are addressing this comment to

but, if it’s me
i’m not being rude
SPEECHLESS would be a better word

How was i being rude
i told you what i thought
i even refrained from saying what i really thought (and it was probably for the best)
i then gave you advice

bob then gave you advice
how are we being rude ?
I’m not being rude, I"m being straight up with you

BASED ON WHAT YOU SAID… ok

seriously
what did you expect me to think after reading this

Now… if you asked it the wrong way… THAT’S DIFFERENT
but based on this
mate, I’m bloody speechless , obviously

it’s not rudeness.

Now moving forward…

Your’e welcome

perhaps… so let’s clarify it then

hehe…
Relax mate
No one is being rude… ok
can you not simply understand that WHAT YOU ASKED looks as if you were asking to be spoon fed.
you can see that … right ?

Moving forward
let me address your question. ok

Mate, it’s always best to stay as simple as possible.
in my experience in forex, traders want simple things, they don’t really have high demands

now. if they want complexity, YOU CHARGE FOR IT, as a special service

as for this

Why do they not work ?
have you done debugging to find out what the problem is.

if not… do that.

Mate, they are YOU EA’S
you decide
but… if you want my opinion …
if your EA is based on someone elses EA then it relies on a POSSIBLE flawed EA
probably best to keep it to price

of course it’s possible
like i said
debug then and find what the issue is.

DOES THIS HELP

Of course this helps :slight_smile:

I just started with some tutorials about EA optimization and I hope I will be smarter then. I don’t think I should debug my EAs because they do what I told them. I think I need to adjust some parameters or maybe add some better MM algo.

One of the main issues (other than the strategy logic) with coded EA’s can be the correct mix of parameters, make the period(s) short to get an earlier signal and you get too many false signals… make the period(s) longer and you tend get into the trend too late (volatile PA)

Especially with MA Crossover based strategies…Sometimes trying a mix of MATypes can give better results, such as a 34 SMA with an 8 WMA as an example…You need to find Parameters that separate both MA’s to give a clearer crossover. Longer time frames can be a way of giving clearer cross signals as well. Congestion or ranging will always defeat an MA Cross strategy, so you have allow for that manually or automated if your programing is of an advanced level

Optimization is a faster way to find more successful settings, prior to backtesting, but you have to test with tick data which gives, Open, Close, High, Low data as opposed to the usual “Close Only” feed to get an accurate simulation of the market (pair) your optimizing for.

When I first started programing Bots, I used to see all these EA’s with 20 Parameter settings and think how complicated…Now 18 months on my Bots have nearly as many parameter settings to deal with various price movement eventuations and behaviors that currencies present.

Stochastics have similar issues, the tighter the settings will give the same issues as above.

Edit: Never, ever use Repainting Indicators in an EA, you’ll have lost money before you even start…

Fair enough
sounds like a plan

when i get stuck with something while troubleshooting, i find it useful to GO BACK TO BASICS.

so re think it
adjust some parameters
test it and see the outcome
good luck with it

1 Like

Thank you @anon81929759 for posting this here :pray:

Coming from an Amibroker background, My knowledge about MT4 is limited. If changing the MT4 order windows is a too big ask, would it be possible to create an EA for this task?

Thank you very much!

i didn’t post this.

also i didn’t say it was too big of an ask

all i did was suggested that @sivricmarijan have a chat to you.

but, You’re Welcome

You might look under trading systems using google, have a look at what you find and determine if you could code it.

I have made quite a few EA’s, I use Ichimoku and Donchian and Ross Hook a lot… just my preference.

Hi,
With all respect to other answers, but i think the below Quora link is worth your time
https://www.quora.com/How-is-machine-learning-used-in-quantitative-finance