How to Learn ICT Trading Strategy

Is this the www.innercircletrader.website of ICT, also known as the Inner Circle Trader? I am new to ICT trading. Can anyone guide me on where to start learning ICT trading concepts? Are there any good resources for learning?

1 Like

Don’t put all your faith into the ICT approach to trading.

It’s complex for a new trader - there are more questions and debates on his strategies than any other systems. Traders who use this site and who run ICT strategies often disagree on the details of how they should be managed.

On top of which ICT has declared that he makes less money from trading than he does from other activities.

5 Likes

I agree with @tommor.
There are much simpler strategies that are more effective than ICT. No need to try and learn something that’s been overcomplicated.

But if you’ve decided on it then a quick Google search will get you all the info you want.

2 Likes

I agree with you, when you develop your own strategy is more effective.

That’s not his website. There are a bunch of knockoffs floating around. Be careful.

He only has a presence on YouTube and on his website as far as I know.

3 Likes

To start… learn about what a Metagame is.
Poker players have an advantage here as they exploit players not with their hand, but reverse-engineer their opponent’s.

Once you learn ICT, you will be trapped in a black-hole :smiley: The more you know, you will feel better, however the better you know, you can’t even making any action.

ICT for knowledge is good, for trading, it’s not advisable.

2 Likes

I have PM’ed you.

I’ll second that. Trading Nut has interviewed a few ICT traders. I drew the same conclusion. To me it seems like ICT has a lot in common with SMC. But SMC is clearer and teaches market structure. IMHO, it makes sense to get sting on market structure first.

1 Like

Care to elaborate? I’m a fan of his repackaging of older concepts and creating a following out of that educational material. But not a fan of his rambling and ego at times.

2 Likes

The usual steps a trader goes through on their ICT journey are:

1. Join the ICT cult
  2. Accept ICT as their lord and savior
  3. Become a hindsight market wizard
  4. Look down on other retail traders and claim that they trade like the banks

I’m kidding with the list above, sort of…

Seriously, you can start with his free YouTube Mentorship and copious amounts of coffee.

Good luck.

4 Likes

Hi @dudebro, nice to know you :slight_smile: Visiting BP help me to kill boring time :grin:

For me, I love the learn generic idea, without rising a flag or brand. So, what ever strategy in forex, they are just part of tools. They have common ancestor which is wave theory and finally price action.

(this book is very technical (don’t blame me if you get headaches. This is the basic of my price action enhancement by implementing econometric analysis)

ICT, SMC and others are the same. Indicators are also the tools to identify price action.

ICT has many branches. Silver Bullet, Session Trade and many others. Learning ICT just like learn a puzzle and got puzzled for next more courses. The amazing thing is market is so dynamic, most courses just teach how to have benefit from certain pattern without knowing the essential idea how it happens. The author is also smart, they know most of us just want to make money fast, don’t want to truly learn the whole. So many courses are designed to satisfy the urge to have an illusion of making big buck. And most of them success. Paying 1k - 10k just for a 10-30 pips winning strategy that after certain period of time the strategy will get expired. And then there will be more courses to coup with the unfortunate period. It will keep repeating until …

I’m not saying these without reason. I was part of several forex academies in the past, 2006 - 2008 in Singapore, Malaysia and Philippine to be exact. I was still too naive to believe the “holy” spirit of the founders to helps others. Once I knew how they created the strategy and the intention behind, I stepped out as their associate.

Just to make it simple, you can find trader who use the methodology consistently, look at the result. If possible the result from the “guru”. If the guru can’t show it, don’t ever to trust him. He can say his balance is too big, not healthy to get exposed. He can always trade a small account for this purpose.

For example, there were a trader’s group claims I was bluffing trading by price action. So I shared my trading record in real time in small account transparently. And this has fixed the problems. (bellow the example)

Frankly speaking, if the mentor is really good with his technique, just gives us proof by doing real trade, don’t be shy. No need to create drama or soap opera. Like @ProfesorPips shows us his trades, I believe him more then others so called super mentor. Salute to @ProfesorPips :saluting_face:

4 Likes

Joking apart, this seems an entirely accurate list, to me. I would add -

1. Join multiple trading forums under a huge variety of different usernames in order to try to promote ICT-related conversations in them (Huddleston has even openly admitted, in the past, to having done so himself).
2 Likes

Hi, what course should I buy and study it. There are many BS course and guru out there. Could you recommend it?

Sincerely,
CatCanFlyy

1. Realise none of ict’s stuff is working as well as it should, post plea for clarification on babypips
3 Likes

People looking for education or training in trading just have to realise the commercial reality faced by the educators and trainers.

After you paid for their first course or book or whatever, they will ensure that you experience one of four possible outcomes - you will either -

1. Get rich quick
  2. Get rich, but slowly
  3. Go broke quick
  4. Lose money, but slowly

Outcome No.4 is the one that brings more purchases. The educators and trainers are not scammers but they have no choice if they wish to make money other than making sure you lose money but only slowly.

3 Likes

This is exactly right.

And due to the effects of quasi-evolutionary processes, the inevitable long-term outcome of that is that the entire industry ends up more or less functioning and developing on the basis that everything that survives is more or less designed to make people lose money, but slowly.

Very, very few people have worked this out and understand it.

Most people reject it instinctively, as a theory, refuse to take it seriously - mostly through misunderstandings - and deny it. They don’t want to believe it … but these are not people among the tiny minority who will ever become long-term successful traders. The striking commonality among very nearly 100% of them is that they’ve learned to trade from online “information”.

1 Like

Hi @CatCanFlyy, here is my answer.

It’s really hard to find a good course in the market. Most successful trader got luck to have good mentor or tough enough to learn and dedicate themselves in trading.

I believe you can ask most trader in BP. Including me, I learnt in a hard way.

You can start from basic Price Action and SMC. From here you have to improve your skill by using your preferred methodology. Good trader comes from combination of strategy, money management and mentality. You can’t succeed without all of them.

2 Likes

Fair points. I’ve met some of these that you are describing, but also others that take what works, discard the rest.

I’ve watched a couple of these, as I mentioned the ICT’s rambling above.

To learn ICT strategy in forex, start by studying Michael Huddleston’s free resources and webinars. Read his detailed guides and watch video tutorials on concepts like market structure and order flow. Practice on a demo account to apply and refine the strategies.