How to make $500 to $1 Million- compounding effect

I’m trading 20,000,000… I don’t really need anything so I don’t withdraw it.

seriously?

Gaga - I use to withdraw all my profits every month . I treated it as income and not investment But I learnt about compounding - it change my life

Hmm, Interesting I have always thought of a 3 to 1 profit as “good” or high r/r. I guess that would mean R/R = reward/risk.

None the less, let me try to be more clear about this as many discount the possibility that a trade strategy with more risk than reward can pay well.

100 trades, avg r/r 0.6 to 1, 80% win rate…1% risk per trade

20 lose 1%, so 20% gross loss.
80 min on avg 0.6% so 48% gross gain

48-20= net gain of 18% for the 100 trade set.

High accuracy trades tend to have high turnover rates. It might takes months for a position trader seeking high r/r to take down 100 trades. With my high accuracy trades, I can easily do 50 trades a day.

I believed him, if he applies to join the desk he will have to show receipts, so there is no reason to exaggerate or lie.

He was reporting back on the trade plan that we had developed, he executed it and it worked…amazing how that happens be it trading, weight loss, business, or exercise goals.

Trading is all about consistency and execution…it doesn’t have to be complicated. This guy was trading simple patterns such as head and shoulders while working 60+ hours in his regular job, so high levels of performance are possible even if you are not sitting here all day. (he traded 2-4 hour bars)

[QUOTE=“3DApex;522718”]
Trading is all about consistency and execution…it doesn’t have to be complicated. This guy was trading simple patterns such as head and shoulders while working 60+ hours in his regular job, so high levels of performance are possible even if you are not sitting here all day. (he traded 2-4 hour bars)[/QUOTE]

Taking $500 to $100,000 in a year is a 19,900% gain in a year… Head a shoulder patterns on hourly and two hour bars do not occur frequently enough or provide enough consistent behavior to provide even close to that performance… Unless part of your trading plan is to use 500:1 leverage and risk 75% of your account balance with each trade then we are talking about an impossibility here.

Lets make it simple. Risk=Stop loss(10pips). Take profit=1,000 pips per month=10,000% percent profit over risk. Now compound that. Plan: Enter the market at the bottom of the trend, move stop loss to break even at 12 pips in the money, trail it by 50 pips to your target. Low risk, high reward. Example: $100 per pip, $1,000 at risk(stop loss),1,000 pips=$100,000 profit per month. Balance and Margin requirements will depend upon your leverage.

[QUOTE=“kgcken;522752”]Lets make it simple. Risk=Stop loss(10pips). Take profit=1,000 pips per month=10,000% percent profit over risk. Now compound that. Plan: Enter the market at the bottom of the trend, move stop loss to break even at 12 pips in the money, trail it by 50 pips to your target. Low risk, high reward. Example: $100 per pip, $1,000 at risk(stop loss),1,000 pips=$100,000 profit per month. Balance and Margin requirements will depend upon your leverage.[/QUOTE]

Wow that a little crazy . You wouldn’t want it bounce . But if your correct . You will be loving it $-)

[QUOTE=“3DApex;522718”]

Hmm, Interesting I have always thought of a 3 to 1 profit as “good” or high r/r. I guess that would mean R/R = reward/risk.

None the less, let me try to be more clear about this as many discount the possibility that a trade strategy with more risk than reward can pay well.

100 trades, avg r/r 0.6 to 1, 80% win rate…1% risk per trade

20 lose 1%, so 20% gross loss.
80 min on avg 0.6% so 48% gross gain

48-20= net gain of 18% for the 100 trade set.

High accuracy trades tend to have high turnover rates. It might takes months for a position trader seeking high r/r to take down 100 trades. With my high accuracy trades, I can easily do 50 trades a day.

I believed him, if he applies to join the desk he will have to show receipts, so there is no reason to exaggerate or lie.

He was reporting back on the trade plan that we had developed, he executed it and it worked…amazing how that happens be it trading, weight loss, business, or exercise goals.

Trading is all about consistency and execution…it doesn’t have to be complicated. This guy was trading simple patterns such as head and shoulders while working 60+ hours in his regular job, so high levels of performance are possible even if you are not sitting here all day. (he traded 2-4 hour bars)[/QUOTE]

18% a month sound great to me .

Most people find it much easier to turn $1M into $500, but they will never have close to $1M so they find themselves in the camp which consistently turns $500 into a bad memory and terrible trading experience.

[QUOTE=“TheLastBear;522972”]Most people find it much easier to turn $1M into $500, but they will never have close to $1M so they find themselves in the camp which consistently turns $500 into a bad memory and terrible trading experience.[/QUOTE]

What do you think ? Bad trader , bad system , bad structure , bad luck

I think every one is able to make money

Strange but sooo true . Alot of people do lose more then they make

I look at trading and investing as saving .
If your not making the return you hope for . It time to pull it out and save it sone where else

I hope every one here make 10% p.a
If not maybe you should leave your money in a local bank saving account with high interest / much less risky

I think it may be a combination of all of those.

That’s not the way I would look at it.

If you compounded $500 into $5,000, a trade that yielded 3% on the 5k would be $150 or 30% if reported against starting capital.

If you take that to an extreme, a 3% gain on $100,000 is $3,000 or a “600% gain”.

[QUOTE=“3DApex;523316”]

If you compounded $500 into $5,000, a trade that yielded 3% on the 5k would be $150 or 30% if reported against starting capital.

If you take that to an extreme, a 3% gain on $100,000 is $3,000 or a “600% gain”.[/QUOTE]

Lol… Kay

[QUOTE=“3DApex;523316”]

If you take that to an extreme, a 3% gain on $100,000 is $3,000 or a “600% gain”.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I am confessed

Are you saying $500 to $5,000 in 12 months is only 3 % a month compounding every month

To me
$500 to $5,000 in 12 months is 21.2% per month - compounding every month

Any way

If you can get 20% a month your going to reach your $1million much quicker then I am :slight_smile:

I think the vast majority of part-time traders don’t dedicate enough time to trading to be able to make their accounts grow at the pace that they want them to. Heck even full time traders have a hard time doing it.

Not saying its impossible, but I do agree that more often than not, most people will not make money in the forex market.

[QUOTE=“pipballer;523402”]

I think the vast majority of part-time traders don’t dedicate enough time to trading to be able to make their accounts grow at the pace that they want them to. Heck even full time traders have a hard time doing it.

Not saying its impossible, but I do agree that more often than not, most people will not make money in the forex market.[/QUOTE]

So true

But I think ppl have too high expectation they want to make $2,000 to $10,000 in a week
Or they want to find the perfect system or EA

like every one here - I would love to be on the forbs rich list … But 99% of them have worked hard and for a long time … Have a look most are 60+ years old and started at very young age - they started a company and work bloody hard at it . To get where they are now .

That why I created this thread

Aim small , trade for long , be successful

Aim small , trade for long , be successful

This is exactly my motto - and look at me I am actually closing my 2nd year trading with zulutrade.
those who believe that will make 1M out of 1000 usd on 1: 1000000 is simply a myth! Do the math doesnt actually add up!

Yeah it’s easy to calculate all of this but can you make 500 pips a month? Is it guaranteed? Comeon of course not. Some months you make 500 or more other months you don’t even make 1 or you lose and then the other 500 or more pips you made all goes down the drain.

The only reason why you chose 500 is cos it looks small so ppl think hey that’s easier than say a 50k account then you could maybe use 1 standard lot and make 500 pips a day in which you must be guaranteed to make those pips and not lose any money.

You didn’t even factor in the losing rate unless you mean to say you have a 100% winning rate. No the only way to make sure you don’t have any losses is to probably stop chasing after every trade in which you probably wouldn’t hit the 500 pip target monthly.

disagree. Money management is of course key to making money in the long run but not in the way you are showing.

The biggest factor is to make sure you cut losses and make sure you make more pips to cover those losses so a sound trading strategy and knowledge is of key importance here. If you don’t have then it doesn’t matter how large your account is or how big or small your lot size is cos you will lose and your losses will be larger than your winnings = losing money.

No, I was saying it’s an error to look at gains expressed in percentages based on account capital from some other time. I base everything on what I have at the moment of the initial entry. If I risk 2% and make 3% it’s a 1.5 to 1 trade no matter what size account I am trading. If you start with a small amount and compound aggressively, your gains will be many hundred or thousand percent based on the initial risk capital.