How to make $500 to $1 Million- compounding effect

“Compound interest is the greatest mathematical discovery of all time. He who understands it, earns it…he who doesn’t…pays it”

_Albert Einstein

[B]Thought I would create a post to answer alot of question like :[/B]
How much money do I need to start Trading ??
What size lots?
How can I get rich ?
Can I make a living for trading ?

I have Created a Plan and I would like to share My ideas
Trading is a business and you need a business plan with Goals, targets and adjective and Personal Control

[B][U]THE PLAN [/U][/B]

The maths show - if you start with $500 you will take 7 years to make $1 million

[U][B]Starting Account Balance :[/B][/U] $500
[B][U]Target Return[/U][/B]: earn 10% a month = $50

So far you may be thinking “easy” in most people eyes this is target is very achievable. Even some beginner can hit it lucky and make $50 … the hard part is making is continually through out year.

[B]You need create your own trading strategy - only discusing the maths and compounding effect here [/B]

[B][U]Adjective[/U][/B]
To make $50 you will need account with $500 available.
You need to make 500 pips a month trading 0.01 lots

=$50 profit ( 10%)

Which in most people eyes is very capable

[B][U]Compounding effect[/U][/B]

Month 1 -Account $500 X 0.01 lots X 500 pips = $50
Month 2 -Account $550 X 0.01 lots X 500 pips = $50
Month 3 -Account $600 X 0.01 lots X 500 pips = $50
Month 4 -Account $650 X 0.01 lots X 500 pips = $50
Month 5 -Account $700 X 0.01 lots X 500 pips = $50
Month 6 -Account $750 X 0.01 lots X 500 pips = $50
Month 7 -Account $800 X 0.01 lots X 500 pips = $50
Month 8 -Account $850 X 0.01 lots X 500 pips = $50
Month 9 -Account $900 X 0.01 lots X 500 pips = $50
Month 10-Account $950 X 0.01 lots X 500 pips = $50
Month 11-Account [B]$1,000[/B]

After 11 months you would of double your money ( or faster if you avg better then 500 pip per month)

[B][U]Nest step[/U][/B]

Once you have $1000 you can begin trading 0.02 lots every month your target is 500 pips = $100 per month

Month 11 -Account $1,000 X 0.02 lots X 500 pips = $100
Month 12 -Account $1,100 X 0.02 lots X 500 pips = $100
Month 13 -Account $1,200 X 0.02 lots X 500 pips = $100
Month 14 -Account $1,300 X 0.02 lots X 500 pips = $100
Month 15 -Account $1,400 X 0.02 lots X 500 pips = $100
Month 16 -Account $1,500

It take you 16 month to increase to $1,500 … Increase lots size 0.03 …$150 per month

Month 17 -Account $1,500 X 0.03 lots X 500 pips = $150
Month 18 -Account $1,650 X 0.03 lots X 500 pips = $150
Month 19 -Account $1,800 X 0.03 lots X 500 pips = $150
Month 20 -Account $1,950 X 0.03 lots X 500 pips = $150
Month 21 -Account $2,100

21 month later you will have $2,100 …Start trading 0.04 lots…500 pips per month ($200)

[B][U]Total so far 21 months[/U][/B]

Now you get the picture you increase your lots 0.01 for every $500 you have in your account

[B]Thing will get very boring and it going to take you a while [/B]
But after 3 years 5 months (41 months) you will have $5,100 - this is where you will see the compounding affect more

• as you have $5,000 ÷ per $500 = you will be trading 0.10 lots =
    you will be making $500 per month which mean you will also increase your lots size every month

[B][U]Personal Control[/U] [/B]

This it the hard part of all the calculation

When starting off with $500 account , you may risk more and make $50 or $100 a month. history show that the more money you have the less risk your willing to take.

So you have a few options

[B][U]Options 1[/U][/B]
If you feel comfortable with the same plan - it will take you 7 years to become a millionaire

[B][U]Options 2[/U][/B]

You keep it up until hit either $5,000 or $10,000 what ever you feel comfortable with = when you want to lower your risk

1.[B]Change the target[/B] to 250 pips per month
[B]Or [/B]
2.[B]Half or cap the lots size[/B] to EG 1.00 standard lot and [B]continue earning[/B] 500 pips per month

Normal 10% ( $10,000/$500=20 … …20x0.01 =0.20 lots)
Less Risk 5% ($10,000/$500=20 …half …10x0.01 =0.10 Lots)

It will take you 10 years to make $1 million

[B]Or[/B]
3.[B]Half or cap the lots size[/B] to EG 1.00 standard lot and [B]change the target[/B] to 250 pips per month

It will take you 12 years to make $1 million

Now this is very realistic - I know alot of people here with $10,000 or more and trade more then 0.10

You even hear people with $2000 or less trading 0.10

[B][U]What part do you do you think you can’t achieve ?[/U][/B]
500 pips a month

If you cant achieve 500 pips a month you may need to review your trading.
There are many Forex signal provider / Manage Forex account / zulutrader that can avg 500 pips a month - even the free trade recommendation on baby pip
If you can’t hit it pay for a Forex signal . Even 250 pips will get you $1 million in 14 years

sorry about the grammar . typed it on my phone and will update over the coming days

1 Like

18 years is a long time…

Everyone here understands the logic of compounding, im sure… It boils down to being consistent day in, and day out…

7 years is a long time, heck, 1 month is a long time…

Your basically waisting your time to posting this here, just saying…

I have a thread just like this one already here in Babypips, and I fail horrible time after time after time…

I have a goal of 5% A DAY…

Yesterday I hit my goal within , ummm, 3 minutes or so… But because I have such a small account, i try for more… And it never ends well…

Im rushing because, well, I live in the ghetto, with gun shots heard at least every other hour… I hate my house, I hate my surroundings, I cant let my kids play outside, I cant let my kids ride their bikes in fear of it getting stolen, live where people come up missing on the regular, by simply taking out the trash… I dont have extra money, heck, I really dont have any money… Wife works, and she hates it, because she has to put up with rude a$$ people allday long, so I have that on my mind, not to mention the possibility of her workplace getting held up… Neighbors have 2 dogs, so it constantly sounds like a dam kennel, 10 feets from my office window… Then, just to sweeten the deal, My car is going to sht, just this morning my wiper motor went in my car, while a steady downpour came down while getting my wife to work…

Just once, I wish a stack of cash would fall out the sky. Im really down, drained, annoyed, and on the edge…

If i didnt have these propblems constantly hanging over my head, Id be a billionaire today…

i have updated the true figures
18 years if you cap it max 1 lot

only 12 years if you if you aim for 250 pips from start to finish

how can i upload a excel spreed sheet ?

you didnt keep to the plan :stuck_out_tongue:

if i gave you $1 today … and $1 tomorrow .$1 the day after so on …

but if you buy a coffee every day with it every day … who fault is it that dont have $7 at the end of the week

that the best thing about Maths , is always work

if you kept to the your plan , you would be achieving it :stuck_out_tongue:

wish you all the best -

I know I know, BillyBoy…

thanks for the wishes, and great pips to ya also…

OK, im done for the day finsishing up 11% on my starting daily balance… but so much of the day is left, :28:

Great work, BillyBoy,

That’s I’m going for right here, right now. Fortunately, I do have more than $500 in my acct. Hopefully, I may strive my first millions in shorter than 7 years.
Good luck to you and keep up the good work.
:30:

It seems far likelier that, one of these days of trading, you’ll hit a string of bad lucks and bad trades and you’ll end up with $0.

:27:

stop that

Hey Bro, that’s kinda too negative mind set. Wake up!

Very commendable Billyboy. Its the exact same method I adopted years ago… even down to the 0.1% lot size. :wink:

Hitting bad luck and losing money has nothing to do with this thread

That come down to risk management , trading plan

. Like I said down the bottom . If you can’t even make 250 pips a month - trading is not for you .

250 a month is 60 pips a week . Really that mean you only need to trade 1 trade a week

Even the free trade recommendation on baby pips avg more then 60 pips a week

Just guessing you prob make 100 trade a week … Lose some win sone …
Maybe your over trading .

Best of luck with ur trading - let us all be winner

I am trying to work out how to share my excel spread sheet

I found it very useful to color in each box once you have reach each target

3 month ago I open a new account because I want to prove you can do it .

I was lucky and turn my $500 into $1200 the first month
That first month fast forward 11 month me to my first target or 0.02 lots

Some month you make 1500 pips in one month
Even on 1 trade ( I know I did - I short aud/usd at 0.9300 and close at .9000 last week - I know should of held it to 0.8800 :stuck_out_tongue: )

So now I am 3 month closer to my Million
Or I can keep trading the sane lot . And just use it as a buffer for next month bad trade

You’re not maximizing the principle of compounding.

Starting with $500, yes, the $50 gain for the first month is 10%, but by the time you get to month 10, you’re only gaining 5%.

You can smartly increase your gains, and further compound things without over-sizing your lots. If you do that correctly, you can reach a million much faster than the 12 years, but still use the same account size/lot ratio.

Look what happens in 10 months if you compound trades monthly, instead of changing lot sizes once you hit the 11 month mark:

1 : $552.35
2 : $610.19
3 : $674.09
4 : $744.67
5 : $822.65
6 : $908.79
7 : $1003.96
8 : $1109.08
9 : $1225.22
10 : $1353.52

Now, keep in mind, reverse compounding should be in play as well. If you lose a trade, your next lot size should reflect that change in balance, and be smaller. Longevity of an account is greatly helped by doing that.

To hit a million using the constantly compound principle will happen much faster this way. You would hit a million in just over 76 months, or 6 years and 4 months. That’s assuming you can hit 10% monthly consistently. But don’t try for that though. Try to have that as an average, but often trying to hit a certain number weekly or monthly can lead to a disaster.

Take what it gives. Don’t force things, and as you’ve seen already, good things can happen quite quickly.

1 Like

Hitting bad luck and losing money has nothing to do with this thread? Haha thats funny. If you dont plan on losing then you have already set yourself up to go bust. I hope you prove me wrong by month 11.

If you cant make 250 pips a month trading is not for you. Again haha I see you have not traded very long if you think at 60 pips a week all you need is one trade. Again you need to account for losses.

Thats why I just love when a newb finds a compounding calculator and posts how you can make a million bucks (not that you did as MT already pointed out you didnt even use the full potential of compounding.

Look I am not trying to slam you just give you the reality of trading is you will not win every trade. Therefore you will also compound losses. The is no calculator out there that can predict when you will win or lose a trade. There is no software, backtesting methods or fortune teller on the planet that can predict future resluts. All you are doing is dreaming. Would also like to inform you that babypips does not give trading advise and most of what is covered in the school will not average you 60 pips a week. They are good but not that good.

A touch of reality at last. Maybe what billyboy should do is factor the average pip gain from his systems before using the calculator. Making 125 pips in a single trade demand’s at least three days of waiting. Miss that and the week is over and you will only end up piling pressure onto the following weeks as you struggle to recover.
Question: What’s you average monthly pip gain in the last 6 month?

everything sounds great on paper til you try and do it in the real market

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone turn $500 into $1Mil live yet.

That’s a pretty reckless statement. If a source’s tip averaged 60 pips a week, you’d be crazy not to max out your credit card, borrow from family and friends and sell your blood and sperm to trade with a 400:1 account.

The reason people fail is because they think failing is not possible.

Let’s be realistic. If it can be done so easily, we won’t be planning on getting rich. We’d be rich already.

the target are average . i understand that every month you may not hit the target , as i understand you could make double one month and not the next

This thread is not talking about your own trading strategy/history or risk/reward . i am just saying any one that avg 250 pips a month could make $1 Million

Could i suggest you pay some one to trade for you :15:
http://forums.babypips.com/other-pairs/56566-cadjpy-august-12th.html
that was a free trade recommendations posted 2 days ago already up 170 pips
now i don’t want to do all the work for you but even the worst zulutrader system avg 250 a month
the avg trader are 50% correct ,if you traded with a min 1:2 R?R , i am pretty sure you have made 60 pips in one week

Firstly you should read my note - as i am not discussing any trading System
this is nothing but a saving plan - like saving money in a bank will earn you interest ( you could make a million but it going to take longer )

i do not want to boost about my trading history , as i find that is rude

tell me what is your avg pips for the last 6 months ( not that i care as it your personal bussines)
250X6months is 1500 pips , are you telling me you haven’t even made 1500 pips in the last 6 months
sorry but if you haven’t even made 1500 pip , i wouldn’t even give out advice

i can find any beginner that is just starting with $500 make at least $150 profit in 6 months

first zulu account i saw
ZuluTrade - Trader Performance - hihoforex
firepips
Forex Performance they even a free trail atm

Baby pip thread
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/55673-2-year-backtest-eurusd-300-pips-month.html
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/55216-3-little-pigs-trading-system.html
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/19721-amazing-crossover-system-100-pips-per-day.html
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/21453-1-500-pips-per-month-method-vsa-sr-fibb-etc.html

like i have post befor , I want to show that if you avg 250 pips a month you are able to achive a goal of $1M … it just going to take you a while