How to remove EA from the chart in MT4?

Hi there. I’m testing my EA on a demo account and don’t know how to remove the EA from the chart. I know there is a button named “Expert Advisors” near time frame buttons, but this does just stop trading, EA still remains on the chart. Thanks in advance.

Use the F8 key to access the EA properties. You can disable trading.

Thanks CodeMeister, the F8 key brings up properties of the current chart and there is no tick which has to do with EA. When I activate an EA on a chart I get kind of object in the right top corner of the chart with the name of the EA plus a face indicating whether it does trade automatically (smile) or it doesn’t (sad). I can double click on that object and get the properties window with the “Allow live trading” tick. However I thought there is an option to remove the current EA and place another one, or us two simultaneously. Maybe the way it is it is enough to do a testing on demo account, but I feel don’t have the control I should have over the EAs :frowning:

Right click anywhere on the chart that you have the EA attached to. Select “Expert Advisors”. Then use the “Remove” option.

1 Like

Right click anywhere on the chart that you have the EA attached to. Select “Expert Advisors”. Then use the “Remove” option

Thanks Master Tang, that’s the trick, I just couldn’t find it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I should have said F7, not F8. Trusted my memory, rather than checking.

But Master Tang’s reply will work too.

1 Like