HOW TO Run EAs?

I forget how should I run EAs on mt4.
could anyone help?

Hi, check my short instruction. Regards Greg

How to add EA to MT4.pdf (1.7 MB)

1 Like

I also want to know this. Can you suggest me any good EA to run on my mt4 trading platform?

An Expert Advisor (EA) is an algorithmic trading robot used for automated trading on the MetaTrader platforms, such as MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. Here’s a simple guide to run an Expert Advisor:

Step 1: Installation of the Expert Advisor (EA)
To install the EA, you first need to locate the ‘Experts’ folder in your MetaTrader installation directory. Here’s a common path for this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\experts.

Simply copy your .ex4 or .mq4 EA file into this ‘Experts’ folder.

Step 2: Enable Expert Advisors
Before running the EA, you must make sure the “Allow Automated Trading” option is enabled. You can find this option in the “Expert Advisors” tab under the “Options” menu (Tools > Options > Expert Advisors). Also, make sure the “Allow DLL imports” box is checked.

Step 3: Apply the EA to a Chart
To run the EA, you need to apply it to a chart. Open the “Navigator” window (View > Navigator) and you should see your EA listed under ‘Expert Advisors’. Click on it and drag it onto the chart of the instrument you want the EA to trade on.

Step 4: Configure the EA settings
After you apply the EA to a chart, a settings window will pop up. You can configure the EA settings according to your trading strategy in this window. This usually includes setting the lot size, stop loss, take profit, and other specific parameters related to the EA.

Step 5: Activation
Once everything is set, click the “OK” button. The EA should now be running on the chart. You can see a smiley face in the top right corner of the chart if the EA is active.

Remember, the EA will only work when the Forex market is active, and the MetaTrader platform is connected to the Internet.

Please make sure to test any EA thoroughly on a demo account before running it on a live account. Automated trading carries its own risks and should always be monitored.

Really helpful Greg.
Many thanks to you.

1 Like

@ProfesorPips mentioned the best structure you could find check his link out please

1 Like

How can I say thank you well said and explained me.
Whenever I ask a question every body replied me as fast possibl.

1 Like