How to set multiple TP in Metatrader 5

Guys,
How to set multiple TP when we take trades in Meta5. I tried but was not able to do it.

What lot size for initial trade?

Ive always been able to enter 0.10 lot, then after entry, in the order editor box, set a TP level and change Volume to 0.05 lot. Then the same for the other half of the entry… 0.05 lot at a different TP and same SL. This can be done multiple times as long as the minimum lot size is maintained.

If you wanna set up multiple TP levels in MT5, you’ve gotta use an EA, because MT5 itself doesn’t let you have multiple TPs for just one trade.

To set multiple take profit (TP) levels in MetaTrader 5 (MT5), you’ll need to work around the platform’s limitations by dividing your intended trade into multiple smaller trades, each with its own TP. First, decide on the total volume of your trade. Then, split this volume into several parts, according to the number of TP levels you want to set. For each portion of your divided trade, place a new trade with its respective TP level. This method requires careful attention to your overall risk management strategy, as managing multiple trades can increase complexity, especially in fast-moving markets.

1 Like

Heaven forbid that anyone should ever want to try using a better platform that doesn’t have all those “limitations” in the first place, i.e. one that actually provides the facilities that retail forex traders need, in order to have any realistic chance of becoming profitable traders (cTrader and TradingView are both examples).

1 Like

Absolutely, exploring platforms better suited to a trader’s needs, like cTrader or TradingView, is valuable advice. My suggestion for MT5 was aimed at those already invested in the platform, looking for immediate solutions. It’s all about finding the right tools that fit your trading strategy and ease of use.

That’s certainly what all the counterparty “brokers” who want to keep their customers locked into MetaTrader want them to believe, anyway (because it’s such a big step toward preventing “brokers” paying out much, or often - as anyone who was ever worked in the industry will tell you).

1 Like

I am not familiar with MT5, so forgive me if this has been covered already.

Can you not just replace your SL with multiple sell limit orders at your target prices?

But once we enter, we can’t change the lot size!! I don’t find any option to change the lot size once the trade is executed!!!

EA is there but how to make it by using EA

edit code if you have mq5

1 Like

Fair point! I think it’s all about staying sharp and making informed choices. Thanks for the insight :slight_smile:

If you’ve already got an EA that does this, just run it. But if you don’t have one that’s up to the task, you’re gonna have to tweak the code of an existing EA or, find a coder to whip up an EA that does exactly what you need.