How to trade using time frames

hello traders, help m here. if am trading on the 4hr time frame. does it mean that after every four hrs i exit my trade or i should look at my trade after the four hours?.

You should decide at the point of planning the trade where you will get out with profit and where you will get out with loss. Set exit orders at these points as soon as you enter the trade or keep monitoring the position so you can exit manually without delay. Do not walk away from the screen unless you have exit orders set.

You could exit on a timed schedule rather than on price if for example price is not moving so as to hit your entry or exit order level.

3 Likes

thanks alot.

Tbh you have to experiment with that on make a plan . Put some more time & practicing trading into the charts . At first time frames use confuse me , but the more time I spent on the charts in the first 2 years my eyes started to understand “ the flow of the candle sticks”

This is SO important. Def one of the mistakes I’d keep doing when I first started. I still do it sometimes. :skull:

Different types of traders prefer different time frames for trading. For example- scalpers trade according to the m15 or m30 times frames.

Based on the above, if your looking at a m15 time frame and pick a price to enter the market, then in theory should you be waiting roughly the same time frame before expecting the price to potentially hit the figure you went in at?

Or is the idea to look at different time frame charts to get an idea on market movement etc but then how long it would take price to hit a target is a different thing all together i.e. it could take 5mins or several hours due to different factors i.e. market news, volume…?

Use different time frames for different types of trading. Every after a period of time, traders have to evaluate themselves for further development by fixing the issues.

Use time frames properly in your trading. For example, swing traders should follow h1 to h4 time frames.