Hybrid trading system

when u say momentum on stoch you mean we must see very sharp lines from os to ob?in ths example where are the consoliadted candles? the candles with the double wicks?

So Bernardo33 what t/f are you using on that chart?.

what im thinkng is something configurable that we select the news we want to be informed. in that case we can configure the program to work in our needs and in this case to work with jan’s system perfectly? jan if you are intersted i will start immedietly to work for it, just tell me some thoughts about the features you want to have(news select, alert with sound of specific timeframes etc)

Oh for sure CDrosos i think that could certainly be useful, if you could make indicator that has ability to select which news you want to be informed on and which not, if you could make it optional then send it to me and i will personally configure settings so that it will alert only on needed news and then send indie back to you or post it here.

when u say momentum on stoch you mean we must see very sharp lines from os to ob?in ths example where are the consoliadted candles? the candles with the double wicks?

yes thats what usually represents momentum, good swings on stocastics from ob to os.
Consolidated candles are small candles where price over several or more candles does not move significantly in any dirrection. Picture of LaCamus example is perfect example of very strong consolidation, those candles that followed after news spike.

Where did you find that indicator Bernardo? Is it available for download somewhere?

me also I need to google it. I dont remember were i got all those 100 indicators I downloaded. If you tell me how to link files in this forum i would do but I think we cant.

http://www.forexfactory.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=190166&d=1231680284

chart was h1

Analysis for this week:
Screenshot by Lightshot
Screenshot by Lightshot
Screenshot by Lightshot
Screenshot by Lightshot
Screenshot by Lightshot
Screenshot by Lightshot

The only question stays where EA should go, AUD and EUR are both expected to strenghten, lets see if we can pop resistance on AUD pairs.

Ok you guys know now how to trade bounces, so lets see who makes the most pips tomorrow! Taking market by its horns.

hm i dont expect so much from monday.
low volume - holdays in usa and canada

what about gbpusd or gold?

Bernardo up up up. But careful retracemnt could come.

i was talking about creating a C# windows application, i dont know how to make indicators and i dont know if this is also possible with an indicator, because you have to read data from a web page and do some actions, i dont think indicators acn do that much.
It wouldnt be helpful if it was a C# application or a web site?

You could include this bad example on your news section on pdf to be more noob friendly

If you are familiar with C# then you will hit the ground running programming in MetaQuotes Language 4 (MQL4) which is the scripting language for MT4. To me it is pretty much C++. The language already has everything you need for communicating with your broker’s server, it also has common indicator functions built in that can read values from all timeframes (current and past) for any pair. It has the 3 you will need to initiate the news event buy…stochastics, awesome, and ichimoku. There are libraries out there for polling web pages but MQL4 has (built in) functions for reading files, also ftp. I would run a simple script (PHP) once a night that would poll news and update a local file, then I would set the EA to read the local file after the script had updated it. This way you don’t run into connectivity problems when you need the news. If the PHP script fails then no worries, you would just have day old dates/times. If you want sophisticated, build a web page that allows someone (maybe JP) to login and update a list of news events we should trade. Then everyone’s script could poll that server for the updates.

I should have said this: with mql4 you can program indicators and EA’s (expert advisers). EA’s can initiate trades for you. You should go to MQL4: automated forex trading, strategy tester and custom indicators with MetaTrader and read…everything you need to do this relatively quickly is already available. Don’t recreate the wheel from scratch.

If i made a website that will only have tradeable news then how i can create a script that will recieve this data? if a local file is always needed to be updated and a script or indicator cant work alone with just reading data from a website then i think the best solution is a seperate c# program and/or a seperate website.

You would have a login and web form…the data from the form would add to the news file and save it to a directory accessible via anonymous ftp. Then any mt4 EA script could download it.

we just want a notification, ea isnt for taking trades automatically?

A lot of what you are asking is covered on the mql4 website…when you attach/launch your EA to a pair window you can set it to trade, not trade, or prompt user to trade.

it doesnt sound very good to me, a lot of work. for now i will make a c# app and maybe in the future i will make something more

Restarting my count after last weeks terrible conclusion…
Sunday Night Session: 4.27% increase to account, 37.6 pips, 12 trades, 1 loss, 91.7% win rate, max draw down .79%
(I am now about .5% above what I had when I started back about 10 days ago)

Shorted AU on separation of Friday’s close and tonight’s open…waited 2 hours, not much change so I closed with a few pips.
Others all long, 10 were AJ, one AU, 1 loss (at one point I had 7 wins in a row), scalps between 2 and 11 pips using stochastic (and Jan’s weekly recommendations) on m5 and m15 on pullbacks.

Jan,
You said you can double account with between 100 and 200 pips. If I am gaining only ~5% every 40 pips then I must not be using a large enough # of lots. Is there a set percentage of your account you use on each position?
Thanks

OKEY I start with 28 pips.
I just pit a pending half hour after market open on GU
TP was a fiew before next round number and pivot
SL was under some 5m low

(#KG Support and Resistance indicator)

Just i saw this indi is better then in the first look. So its works:
regardless of your TF
yellow the H/L of 15m
green the H/L of 1h
blue the H/L of 4h
red the H/L of daily

Guys how r u playing with bounces with no news? im using this pattern in the image above. sorry if this has been said earlier or in the session im still trying to figure it out