Hybrid trading system

janpec1000 You actually need separate standalone equipment nowadays to realise any return on investment from mining bitcoins at this time, as there are already 12 million of the cryptocurrency already in circulation out of a maximum of 21 million and the difficulty factor in mining this currency is rising at drastic pace daily.

I’m pretty sure I’m not allowed to paste any links on this forum to other forums or products on the market, so I’ll give you some examples and references for you to google yourself so you can understand the full scope of where I’m coming from.

Google bitcoin calculator and you’ll find various sources where you can input data with regards to hashing speed, cost of equipment and even electricity costs which will calculate for you if you are going to see any ROI and if so, when based on the currently difficulty factor to mine bitcoin.

Mid last year bitcoin was hovering around £40 to £70 and one could pick up a USB device called a ASIC Miner block erupter, which had a mining speed of 333Mh/s for around £80 to £100, once can still buy them for around £30 to £50 but I personally would not, as you’d be lucky if you ever saw any ROI at this stage using that device now.

I personally own a ASIC Miner Cube which is capable of hashing speeds of 38Gh/s which is like stupendously faster than 333MH/s
1 KH/s is equivalent to 1,000 hashes per second. 1 MH/s is 1,000,000 hashes per second. 1 GH/s is 1,000,000,000 hashes per second
In saying this, my cube set me back around £700 a month ago and they are going for around £800 to £1000 on a famous worldwide auction site.

My cube will hopefully give me a ROI half way through February but by then the difficulty to mine bitcoins will once again be harder, so the cost of running my cube will be pointless.

There are new devices being developed every day with faster hashing power like the BitMain AntMiner, capable of 180GH/s or a HashFast babyjet, capable of 400GH/s, the more hashing power the device produces, the more it will cost and will make it more difficult for the small time miners like myself.

Devices and manufacturers you may want to look in to if you are still keen are:
Bitmain AntMiner
HashFast babyjet or sierra
ASICminer block erupter blade or cube
Avalon mini or 4 module
Bitmine coinCraft range
BlackArrow Prospero range
ButterflyLabs products
Cointerra Terraminer range
KNC miner products
Virtual Mining products

If I were you, I would personally look in to mining Litecoins, they are Bitcoins main competitor and have started moving up in price, when they were worth a couple of dollars around October last year, with the rise of bitcoin, they are now worth around US$30 and they can be mined used a computer with a good ATI graphics cards, otherwise known as a GPU.

On a final note, there are mining farms all over the world now mining in TH/s hash rates and you can quite easily buy shares in these setups/rigs/companies which pay one a dividend every so often, one can also buy shares in bitcoin startups and various other ventures funded by bitcoin, look into havelock investments and cryptostocks.

If you don’t have money to loose, do not get into this game!

I suggest to have a pending long too & close other pending once one of them triggered.
I have heard that generally wedge is breaking on inclined line. Becuase horizontal supports/resistance are more strong than inclined trend lines. look in 4H & you will see that support area is quite strong.

Yes inclined lines are more likely to break, unles price is very consolidated on wedge structure then its more likely to break strong flat line.

All I see is buys,… what am I doing wrong?

Well honestly when i say GBP pairs i dont mean GJ that much. GJ is much more driven from USD as main currency rather than GBP, and JPY is too much influence so i usually never trade GJ when GBP looks good for direction. With GBP pairs i mean GU GCAD and GAUD. Sorry should have made clear, however i am still leaning on down side on GJ too, but lets see what trendline does.

@Bernardo you set pending good, we are both in same trade now. +12 here, now it is testing h4 trendline, so what could happen is that price could bump up BUT it will for sure return down once more becouse it has to test daily lows again becouse they are too weak. However it is possible that it could trigger our SLs, so maybe its best if BE SL is placed now. IF its hit we can reenter again later with stronger lots if price gets down.

@shawlynot Thank you very much for input, this is exactly what i am going to do. I wont be mining bitcoins but rather altercoins especially litecoin. I have read all possible stuff on mining and its obvious that bitcoin mining is no longer or will no longer be profitable, becouse even if you purchase 400GHash machine many other people will have it too and it will probably be impossible to even BE on investment.
I am purchasing rig with 3x r9 280x cards probably this week.

GCad and UCAD longs guys.

as you can see a long would have resulted in a loss it would have been against the fundamentals. And if you look at the daily or h4 the market bias is in downtrend. So dont take all signals that happen, choose the better setup.

From your consolidation example in post#104, I drew two blue wedges in the red consolidation box. In real time trading would there be any way to see taking a long would be a false breakout?

Especially the second wedge on right, price broke through and pulled back to diagonal trendline, formed a long wick hammer and then outside bar. I would have then thought perfect example of TL break, pullback and continuation long. But if I did enter a long the market would have screwed me again reversing downward and even breaking downward through the strong horizontal support that I thought would save me.

j777 those wedges are simply very small. I dont trade wedges small like those. There needs to be strong price structure and i usually preffer at least 3 lows or more tested on support or resistance. However relative to their size those wedges are both profitable but you would have to enter quick after that strong candle broken trough and set very small TP target.

GU wedge.
Screenshot by Lightshot

Hope anyone entered UCAD or GBPCAD , 200 pips on both, and still more to come.

Yeah I got them. Bought the UC.
Thanks for the heads up… I hardly watch the Canadian pairs.
Also sold GU when it broke support at the same time

Screenshot by Lightshot

Additional 150 pips on GCAD+UCAD. Those were perfect trades, i am really dissapointed that i missed most of those moves. It was clear directiont that bulls want higher. On trade like that its easy to double account at same day as long as trades are perfectly placed from low TFs.

EU down most likely, GU fbo on wedge, probably gona break up but careful i dont except much move on upside yet.

Screenshot by Lightshot
Screenshot by Lightshot

this should be nice one either break is good.
Screenshot by Lightshot

Just some random patterns and possible trades:
Screenshot by Lightshot
Screenshot by Lightshot
Screenshot by Lightshot
Screenshot by Lightshot
Screenshot by Lightshot

Took some nice pips on GU long, holding secondary trade for hopefulyl more, but it could bounce down here on trendline. Strong drop is bearish. Looks like gold down , EU too, XCAD pairs up, probably 100 pips rally or more from here, sad thing is its hard to find good entry.

Guys and here should be very nice trade as long as this H4 close looks nicely bearish. Thats very sure trade. Just look ahead for any quick bullish pullbacks, if they happen exit.
Screenshot by Lightshot

Just a heads up though…in 3 hours damn FED speech again. So no entries 1 hour before.

Yup that was nice trade on AU, +30. If market gives trades like that each day this would be easy as hell. Made only 15% on trade but would go to 50% profits on this one if it wouldnt be durring night. Dont like to cut my sleep for forex.

Ok so today Interest rate for EUR (possible negative rate).

LaCamus if you are avalible today for babypips chat or skype i would like to discuss something.

Jan, what do you think about going back to sharing trades in the chat room? at least during the Euro/US overlap period…?
Many questions normally arise but I find it almost impossible to formulate them without adequate screenshots… Then it just gets messy … and I keep making the same mistakes.
like yesterday I shorted EA. but it turned out to be a fbo. I closed it quick enough. the problem was there was a breakout on m5 and m15… but after another 15 min a pinbar formed on m30. Ofcourse waiting a whole half hour before entering a trade is not advisable. the move might have lost strength by then… I might as well wait for D1 to close :smiley:

and how did you know which pairs to watch… 2 days ago you went with the CAD pairs… yesterday - the GU…
I find myself watching the wrong pairs half the time. by wrong I mean pairs that end up going nowhere.

Anyway, as always, thanks for the heads up. Hope you’ll consider my suggestion

Moile as for chat room there is are two things holding me back. First of all information typed on forum stays for ever so you or anyone else can reread it many times as thats main point of learning. Seconldy i am at moment not trading full time so i preffer to keep it that way.It also helps me to see specifically what problems most people have and i can try to get more info or pdf improvement on that later, becouse i will most likely forget what was typed in chatroom.

Its bit hard for me to see what you did wrong on EA but i think i can guess becouse i know that is most common thing that can be wrongly entered:
Screenshot by Lightshot
Its bearish pinbars under trendline that was broken, and then price quickly retraces back up, making fake short entry.
In case if that was your entry there is one simple rule to follow on fake trendline breakouts, enter only on strong candle breaks of trendlines, dont enter on pinbars, becouse its is very common that on pinbars price will just go back into trendline teritory. However such fake entry could also be avoided if its entered on precise time when low is broken instead on broken trendline, as broken low gives us positive trade.

As for pairs yes there are usually two types of pairs on market at given time. Ones with no strong bias of bull or bear pressure, and ones with strong trend dirrection, somethimes there is also third type which are heavily consolidated pairs but those are very rare and usually not present.
What i do is i always focous my best and trade first type, where pattern is emerged and there is obvious that either bears or bulls have won battle and will take price in their way. Such perfect example were XCAD pairs.
Screenshot by Lightshot
You can notice on daily chart that there were few atempts of bulls to break higher, resistance held, but bulls pressure was always stronger than bears, also rising trendline bellow shows same information. All situation of breakout was already clear when that bullish pin closed. But if you are unsure you can always go with safe road and enter on 2.nd entry acording to system. So if you can pick pair like that on daily chart especially you know that for this trading week you just do your best and focous especially on pair like that, if you take more risk and aim your entries on m1 and m5 charts you can get a lot of profits like that.
On other hand pairs that have no clear dirrection or are on very strong up trend with no lows formed for example like this:
Screenshot by Lightshot
This is kind of pair that i would stay away of trading, becouse simply selling is too weak, and there are not good entries that system would give.
For example GJ H4 up leg is exactly something that i just stay away of. Its not clear if price will go down from here or if we will meet top.

Hope that helped a bit.

um, that helped quite a lot
and yes, that was where EA faked me.

Now I have to take a few minutes to digest this info .

Any forecasts for today?

Here is one decent trade, disregarding news in half hour.
Screenshot by Lightshot

Yup UChf +35.

Are you still in uchf?

As long as 0.9080 holds longs are safe.