I always lose, what should I do?

Had a quick read at old posts, three things jump out.

First you have tagged yourself as a loser - first post.

I would bin that belief, I would recognize that I have been a loser in the past, that’s history and cannot be changed, the future can, so I would drop the t from can’t.

Second - your lack of belief in yourself has led you to believe that you cannot succeed without a mentor, that yourself is no good therefore you need someone else. What if that someone is a loser?

Bin the belief that you need a crutch of a mentor, rely on your own ability.

Third, you posted back that you always look for 1:2 RR - that’s because everyone says that, but remember that most everyone are losers, so have a rethink - outside the box. Maybe amend your R:R on your strat to say " I will take profit", it does not have to be double what I risked, heck - when I’m in profit the risk is gone.

You stopped back for some months to regain good health - that is the first positive.

3 Likes

well before you even start back demo trading, you need to change that negative mindset of yours first. Seriously. Otherwise, you will continue to fail

6 years! It’s really such a long time! Can you please tell me about your learning process?

1 Like

Try this and you might get a little better help.

1. Go into your demo account and pick the pair you want to trade based on how you’ve been trading. Plan your trade showing enter point, take profit and stop loss. Then take a picture of the trade and below the picture, explain
  2. Why you picked that pair
  3. Why that time frame
  4. Why you entered where you did
  5. Why you placed your stop loss where you did
  6. Why you picked the profit point you did
    Then post it.
    You need to be honest and the more you explain why you did something the better these guys will be able to help you. This is only my opinion you don’t need a mentor to help you find a trend where to enter leave and protect your capital. A;ll systems work sometime, but no system works all the time. You need a mentor to help you with your mindset and support when things aren’t going your way. Again just my opinion

Don’t forget this only works if you’re hones, and explain your thoughts and moves in detail. Hope this helps.Good Luck
Gp

3 Likes

Thanks, thats what I was trying to do until now. Martin was very nice and ofered me some tips to try.

1 Like

In so far as there can ever be one, single, major underlying cause of a long-term problem, that’s what went wrong, here.

In all my years (decades) as a trader and/or involved in the trading industry, I’ve never seen anyone who learned everything from online sources achieve any lasting success.

2 Likes

You’re Welcome mate, No problem at all

@MrDE
@tommor
@Falstaff
@ropunzel
@IulianForex

well Guys … In a nuthsell HERE IS THE EXPLANATION OF IULIAN FOREX

6 YEARS OF NO REAL RISK MANAGEMENT AT ALL
Apparently was smart enough to not risk all his money and not blow his life savings… thank god for that

Total loss thus far $500 USD
however, when you consider his local currency and what it means to him it’s like losing say $2,500
but it is still $500 at the end of the day that we need to recover to make him a happy chappy :stuck_out_tongue:

then
6 years of trading support and resistance and pretty much nothing else
6 years of not really knowing how to draw trend lines properly
Not really having an understanding of direction of the trend
Jumping all over the place from instrument to instrument with that mentality of… I’m losing on this one so i’ll go t another one

and very depressed individual

Apparently … without getting into too much juicy information, he seems like a good bloke, Saves his pennies and all that
seems to be relatively intelligent
Just hasn’t learned the skill , that’s all
and doesn’t think much of himself

but he’s definitely committed

basically he’s banging his head against the brick wall without actually understanding how to destroy the brick wall to begin with

He’ll be ok
He needs support from us
@ria_rose this bloke is in desperate need of a few emoji’s to feel like he is loved an appreciated… CAN YOU OFFER SOME EMOJI TO MAKE HIM FEEL GOOD
thanks ahead of time

basically he didn’t have a plan of where he wanted to be
he didn’t know how to calculate his life on paper , but wanted financial freedom

we’ve discussed how to achieve financial freedom
we’ve discussed calculations
we’ve discussed what he is doing wrong

i didn’t want to tell him what to do , i wanted him to develop his own strategy and told him how to do it
i basically gave him a raw backbone approach to trading that involves identifying high and low in a range

using High Time frames to establish direction
then low to pick the entry
i think he’s ok for now

we discussed risk and Money management and how to calculate it all correctly

now as for his original post
Basically he freaked out, he didn’t know what to do , he felt like there was no hope. he felt like everything that he was trying was not working

i showed him a few things to stay safe
he’s now trading demo on a balance of $1200 which he plans to save up on around a year and start live if he can trade profitably in that time

he’ll be ok, just needs some proper practice thats all

also he got caught in the terminology of it ,
what i mean is… you know how sometimes when you don’t know how to trade you get caught up talking the talk but getting lost in it all, and after a while forgetting what it all means but still being able to talk the talk.

he was basically speaking the words
Risk management this
Trend line that
Support this
Resistance that
SMA on this period
blah blah blah
without actually having an understanding of what it all meant or how to apply it

he was sort of like a rev head who could talk the talk but couldn’t figure out an oil change.

i told him to forget all that crap and start from basics
Raw chart
Previous Highs and Lows
Know where the mid is
Buy Low,
Sell High

from there i want him to develop his own strategy
i want him to identify the direction on his own

i don’t want to spoon feed him my way of doing it , i want him to develop his own way
i don’t want to over run his style with mine, so i kept it basic

Mainly went through a big speech of emotions and emotional control
then budgeting and risk management
being safe
Reducing losses
and all that

he’ll be ok
i’ll be interested to see where he is in a month

3 Likes

Don’t be so desperate. It make you to do wrong thing again and again. Take a break and you can go for a travel. It will give you a fresh mood to start. As you are losing again and again don’t look for what your mistake is. Take a new start, do enough demo trading. It will help you to understand the basic and also you will understand what step is giving what result, is it good for you or not etc.

Well, it’s hard to learn from online sources only, it requires a lot of time, discipline and efforts. If you doubt yourself like in this case, things will be getting even more complicated.
I would suggest to @IulianForex to not be so hard on himself and to take a little break from trading as sometimes the more we are desperately striving, the more we are distancing ourselves from the final goal. A small break will permit you to observe your mistakes and focus on changing your method and strategy. Then you can proceed with demo trading until you work out your weak spots and gain some more experience and knowledge. If you really feel passionate about trading, then you should not give up or doubt yourself that much.

this is true, but he didn’t have a goal to begin with
and i also think he needs a breather from forex.

we’ve already worked out his weak spots.
he now needs to practice.

he doesn’t feel passionate about trading
he feels passionate about Financial Freedom and does actually care about his financial future
it’s not really trading, it’s being financially free to do other stuff that he enjoys

Behind the losses of course there is a reason , and we have to come back from mistake that we have done before. Every losses teach us a good lesion , if we do same mistake again and again , there is nobody who come out from losses at all. that’s why I always try to avoid my past mistake that made me loser.

Youre right. I had long good talk with Martin yesterday and he explained same thing for me. Its bad it took almost 6 years to understand but at least now I know what the problems was.

Thanks, seems every one explains same thing, online source is not good for to being a profitable trader. I know now this its corect. I will again try more hard this time

1 Like

I am also ever facing with failure at first time trading career, everytime making deposit only waste money eventually, but because still not yet relying income from forex trading so still enjoy in forex, and only spent money that afford to lose, until I am finding forum paid to post, start from there everytime get paid from forum then to making depsoit, experience giving valuable lesson on my trading career and now my income from forex business higher than offline salary

No surprise there. :grimacing:

3 Likes

It’s awesome to see big brother (Martin) come on by, put his arm around him, and show him some things. Great read.
But, what continually goes through my mind as I have read all of this thread, is this. (I’ve been looking for it, but yet have not seen it).
Iulian…how much do you like this trade, venture? Do you have a love for the game?
This subject kind of reminds me of what I ask pretty much every young person I encounter. What do you really want to be when you grow up? And I mean, if you can pick anything in the world…what’s the one thing you would absolutely love to do, whether you make money or not.
For as hard as this business is, and to keep yourself in it, for the long haul, you need a love for it. You will find the patience for yourself, to get you through the tough times.
Cause, business is business. You can take Martin’s advise and apply it to a slew of other ventures (business’).
But, I just believe, you need to find what it is you really want.
If it’s trading…awesome. You won’t ever leave. You’ll be magnetized to it.
All of this is a precursor to what big brother Martin is trying to help you with.

Hang in there buddy.
Do some soul searching.
If it’s this…then we should see you around, for some time to come.

Mike

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Multiple-Streams-Income-Generate-Unlimited/dp/0471655783/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1519915525&sr=1-4&keywords=multiple+streams+of+income

A little bit dated now - but agreat starting place

3 Likes

Im magnetized already. I was not, then I would not stay for almost 6 years in forex. I like it and I learned something from Martin that I didnt have idea before.

Thanks for book. I found it online and I download it tor read it in future

1 Like