I am planning to start with a $500 account expecting at least $15 daily profit is that possible?

The percentage gain on an account is a function of the number of trades taken, their win rate and the risk:reward ratio.
i.e. it is beyond the control of the trader.

I have never heard of a strategy that could consistently deliver 3% daily returns.

1 Like

The answer at the very top by Anon (Especially the second sentence) is instructive but I will throw in my two cents anyway.
I personally believe that level of returns CAN be had but would require more than 3 trades per day to improve your chances of meeting the target. Take a look at these trades and see if it is possible. The only tweak here would be an increased lot sizeā€¦say for example doubling it.Recent trades.bmp (3.0 MB)

Hi, Iā€™m just curious like some of the others. What strategy do you use and have you found it works consistently?

I would not say it is impossible. However, since you are asking this question, I would say it would not be possible by right now. Basically, Forex does not work like this. You get many days where you do not get even a single entry. On the other hand, there are days where you get more than three entries. Thus, do not set any limit. Trade according to the chart. Be patient and keep learning. You will be there.

The amount of wrong advice given in this thread, especially in the beginning, is scary. I donā€™t get why people have to give their two cents if obviously they arenā€™t trading successful themselves. I mean if the advice would be right in theory at least, fine but I get why people seem to hate forums.

1 Like

Spend your first six months leaning how not to lose money. Youā€™re not going to make anything until you know what youā€™re doing.

when you start using the word expecting its not good philosophy especially in trading

Setting a daily target is what killed most of the traders out there. Many people still didnā€™t recognize this mistake. The target itself is dangerous. Letā€™s talk from a losing perspective first. If you take 1 loss, then you need to double the next trade in order to get 3% profit as you mention $15 from $500. And how if the next trade is a losing trade too? Now youā€™ve just doubled your loss and you need to double the next trade again until you get that 3% win which will be a disaster to your trading account. How about if you win? Itā€™s a bad idea too to put a target. Why? Because letā€™s say in one trade you can easily catch that 3% gain. Because you have a target, you will say you are done for the day, but the market gives another 5% gain on that day and you canā€™t even capture it because you capping your gain. Why did we suppose to limit our gain in this kind of market? Of course, it doesnā€™t mean from a greedy perspective, if you have a good trading system, you just follow it, including taking all signals your system gave. In conclusion, setting a target is dangerous, because we canā€™t control the market to always give us the same exact move every single day. Think about also when the market just ranging and gives no move, you canā€™t even enter any trade, which if you force it, again it will be a losing trade. And sometimes market ranging more than one day. For me, it would be better if your target is set as a yearly accumulation and you know how is your performance in one year.

Donā€™t set expectations and daily amounts. Just trade.

2 Likes

Remember, u re not suppose to risk more than one percentage of ur account

The short answer is yesā€¦

I think that is low balling it if im honest but definitely correct 60% is a huge return especially as the OP is starting off. Why so many fail with these unrealistic expectations to start

Bro try making like 50 usd a day or more ā€¦cause in a 30 usd account I made 71 usd in just 3 days .

So bro have a higher goal, flipping accounts is nothing but doing it again and again will show u that u a master and know what u doingā€¦growing ur account takes skill and knowledge as while as money management

U crazy the risk is worth it hater ā€¦u must be some broke ass guyā€¦I risked and made good money ā€¦ u make nothingā€¦ but risk management is importantā€¦

Risk 2 to 3% per trade and hold ur profits ā€¦that how u make money losser

Which broker are you trading with?

I had stated yes in an earlier answer to this question. Why people believe it cant be done is beyond me. Here is a screenshot of my live account. Not a demo account my live account. Iā€™ve blacked out some personal details but check the figures and date, do the math and draw your own conclusions. The fact that you cant do it doesnt mean others cant.
AND FOR GODā€™S SAKE PEOPLEā€¦ STOP CELEBRATING MEDIOCRITY!!!

3 Likes

thank you so muchā€¦i really needed this

I love your confidence you will go far :metal::scarf:ā¤ā€šŸ©¹

You donā€™t make it but Market gives you. It can give you more than even your $500 per day, sometime it can take all your $500 . Sometime gives you zero, the big issue is to be ready whatever it gives just say thank you. Be careful it doesnā€™t it much than your initial capital.

I suggest $2/day and if you end up with a $15 profit for the week, you are doing very well. The next week you should expect to lose more than $15 because of overconfidence.

Its a lesson every trader goes through, and I mean EVERY trader.