I blew my account in a few hours. Any advice?

I started Day Trading Forex a week ago. I grew my account from $300 to $380 in 2 days using x200-x400 leverage with no risk management. Right now, my account is down to $40. I blew it up in just a matter of hours. Any advice? What do I do?
Many thanks!

You still have $40. I just opened an account with LMFX with just a bit more.

What lot size were you trading? How many positions?

Where to start? Educate yourself, have a plan.

Use risk management,

This is the immediate take away and this lesson has cost you $340 so far.

You need to work on the strategies which you’re using for the trading. You can pursue the demo trading to learn more and then you start with the live one.

What advice should be given depends on how much effort you had put in learning to trade before starting to trade. If you have done your homework you would have known better than to start trading in the absence of any kind of risk management. Did you directly start trading on a live account?

I think you should deposit more money, use high leverage and do not apply risk management. What other advice are you asking for? You knew what you did wrong already.

1 Like

I would advise you not to lose heart, look for a mistake and try!

The only other thing to add is purchase the most most expensive forex course available, make sure it features “beautiful” people, expensive cars, spectacular homes with endless vistas of the sea and guarantees millions in minutes!! :rofl: :rofl: (BTW … all the above is sarcasm for those who don’t know)

Figure out what your trading goals are, what will it take to reach them, of that, what don’t you know and learn that, practice, practice, practice and live, breath and believe risk management is a life or death decision.

You can do it if you want…

KC

1 Like

Good you added that note, you just never know these days! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well I think to start trading carrier is better with your local market. You know it better and for you is easier to figure out with it. You should to have some base knowledge how exchanges are working, which financial tools you can use and etc. And be ready that you won’t be earn money for first months.

The market is very volatile and involves a lot of risk, so you never know how the market going to play, You should trade with the amount, which you can afford to lose.

Stop gambling. Try to develop trading rules - entry, exit, position size, etc. Gradually it may turn into something useful which is called trading system.

1 Like

Use stop loss orders to protect your self. Make sure you calculate your lot size and stop loss accurately. When you analyse the market i’d suggest begin with purely the USD major pairs and check every pair. Only trade the pair that fits the system you know and trust. Yes, that’s right you must have a set system you know and trust is profitable. If you don’t find anything to trade, don’t worry, don’t risk your money and stay out of the market by turning off your computer with setting any orders. Sooner or later the next good opportunity will come.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree. That’s good advice.

You need to put more efforts in your trading. Change your trading style and understand the relation between margin & leverage. Grow your knowledge and skills, then give it a try. You will definitely notice the change after following all this.

That’s right, stop loss can help you reducing the possibility of the losses.

Rest and recover (till the pain goes away), review what went wrong and study more, improve your system and backtest, and get bakk up again! :heart_eyes_cat:

You still have $40. Make a plan and trade safely. Be confident and try to recover the losses as much as you can.