I blew up my account...well almost

Well then welcome to the band wagon. I also blew a $1000 :face_with_monocle: account trading xbrusd on leverage. They call it volatility at its finest

Hard, and justified. This is a sickness I observe in our society today that I think is now more prevalent than earlier decades. Blame everything except your own decisions. Poorly chosen mindset adopted by listening to the social media baboons who drive around a Bentley or a Bugatti Veyron, at luxurious beach resorts in Dubai or Monaco, living the good life. 100% set up, of course. That lifestyle requires a lot more than a million dollars, but it does justify a £5,000 attendance fee for a long weekend of “hard slog” to become a successful trader.

1 Like

been at it for just over two years.

started with $2500, lost half of that, deposited $4000 more when i (thought i had) got the hang of it.

made it to $7100, lost $5600 placing 10 lot trades on NASDAQ. made all of it back.

got cocky and lost it all. then made it back again.

im currently on $8000.

moral of the story? stay in the game as long as you can.
only risk management will ensure that you have a fighting chance in this crazy industry.

goodluck.

2 Likes

(Spanish speaker here so pardon my grammar )

My first thought when I read the headline was “we all been there “ if you haven’t fail you have done nothing … 2nd thought was what the hell is he doing trading that pair with $1500 account ??
What’s his leverage ? You know

I would stay away from that pair and move to more affordable pairs specially with a $100 account

2 Likes

Hello brother, it seems like your main issue like many of us have or had is pride. It sounds to me like you’re confusing not giving up with continuing to give money to your broker . I understand the point of not giving up but also understand that pride and ego will get in the way of making money . I would say focus on 3% to 5% growth per session. Always look at the folders , the currency strength , the trend , Don’t over do things if you’re being doing this for “3 years “ and are not completely broke or living on the streets then it means that your system works now connected your brain to that system and being constantly with it put your feelings to the side and focus on ratio risk to reward etc etc . Best of luck and we will see each other at the top.

The dreams are feee
The will and hustle are sold separately.

2 Likes

hello @Fisherwastaken i understand exactly where you are coming from.

I’ve also been trading for a long while now (since 2017) but unlike you i never had a good experience with the market but i kept pushing.

I’m in the military so i don’t have the time to analyze the market and i think this is the reason why I’ve not been profitable until early this month march when i finally decided to use a forex robot my friend introduced me to.

Yes i know you are probably saying that you hate the idea of robots or probably you’ve also heard negative stories but take this from me (even though i know you don’t know me yet) that this has changed my perspective of the market.

[Removed for Forums Policy violation]

i didn’t believe it too and that’s why i didn’t purchase the robot until after 3 months of observing my friend’s account. my friend has been using the bot for 4 months now and the bot grows his account at an average of 25% monthly (compound interest)…this is my 3rd week of using the robot

1 Like

why not use a robot instead?

i use a robot

just like I’ve told others, why don’t you just use a robot like i do?

sometimes i don’t even check the charts for 2 days straight. all i do is withdraw my profits on weekends if i want to

1 Like

Hi,
I realized nobody actually answered your question which is at the top of this post.
If you don’t want to lose any more money, please be very careful what you do with this last $100. You have lost $1,400 and have $100 left. That is 14/15 or 93.3% of your money, but to make it back from $100 to $1,500 you will have to multiply it by 14 times, or make 1,400% profit. Very unfair how losses are so much easier to make than profits.

First, take a good look at the Education section and think about starting the School of Pipsology series of courses. I estimate that will keep you busy for a month or two.
Second, open a demo account with a broker. Don’t deposit and use money until you have learned some basic trading experiences with paper trading. I now place trades with no mechanical difficulty whatsoever, but it took over 1,000 trades to become 100% confident that I would not make a fat finger mistake. In my first 100 trades, I made mistakes (eg buy instead of sell, put $100 on a trade instead of $10) loads of times and kicked myself that I did not learn this like taking driving lessons, or learning how to type.

Third, don’t even think about opening a real currency account until you have proven to yourself that your results over more than 100 trades have resulted in a reducing loss, not an increasing loss.

All of the above is really the only intelligent way to trade, yet it is ignored by 100% of people who read such truthful advice. Why? Because they lack the patience to trade for that long without getting very frustrated that they are doing it with funny money, not real currency.

So logically now, you know that what I am saying is the truth, then by all means open a real account, but try to put trades on for dollars, not tens of dollars, and certainly not hundreds of dollars, and add up all the profits and losses you have made from all trades, and do not increase the amount of money at risk until you have an overall profit from the start.

If you can do this, you are 1 in 100. :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t know a single trader who didn’t blow his account. That’s probably the only thing that is consistent in all forex traders. Just go through your past trades and avoid repeating the same mistakes. And don’t get emotional; we have all been there.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for taking your time and writing actual facts! what you have said is not only helpful for me but to anyone who pass by this post! i have already restarted pipsyology and have began trading just like my first days of trading, it helps so much because first time i started trading everything i was reading and doing was new to me but now im doing all of them all over again but now im understanding what they are and what they mean. ITS GREAT TO GO BACK ONCE IN A WHILE AND ACT LIKE YOU ARE NEW TO TRADING

how does it work?? how do you find the robots i have no knowledge

this is awesome!! i have never used any robot before, i will truly appreciate if you could send me the link or address to the robot you are talking about. i cant put my email apparently babypips dont allow me but you can dm me on insta its maywandkhil

Just say no. Why pay for a robot that will trade for you but you don’t learn anything? I would wait until you get the hang of things before you spend your hard earned money buying a robot and then trusting the robot with it.

You will pay for it.

Also, it’s tough to make recommendations to you without knowing somethings about your trading style. Even sharing your past strategy and how it led to your losses would be a big help in understanding what things you can try and what needs changing.

Was this before or after demo trading?