I can’t trade gold

Hi, so my broker is oanda and I use mt4. I figured out that gold can’t be traded in the USA which I live in. Is there ways as a USA resident I can trade gold. Thank you

@sivazi

Yes it appears the futures industry has put the kibosh on any other type of derivative trading.

You could try options, or gold ETF

The latter will without leverage.

They may when have a gold mini contract - but that will still take fairly deep pockets I guess

Are you trying to trade Gold as a cross agains the USD on the spot FX market?? I have friends in the USA who trade futures contracts and they like I can trade gold futures.

Cheers

Blackduck

Yes exactly that. When training in the demo account for 6 months I had very good results trading gold

It’s your broker. I trade gold daily and I live in North America. I had the same problem with my first broker which was IG. Then I opened an account with TRADERS WAY for the ability to trade Indices, Metals, Crypto and more. Now I’m with HUGOS WAY for 24/7 trading with crypto AND LQDFX for low spreads during trading sessions.

Don’t feel tied down to one broker. They all have different rules and one size doesn’t fit all.

Thanks for the great response. Is traders way the only one that I can trade gold, because I can’t find any other ones. Thank you

Yes I agree with @WhitGotPips as i trade gold/usd with FXCM on the spot FX market with no problem.

Cheers

Blackduck

@sivazi

I live in Australia and I have used FXCM for the last 5 years with no issue.

But I believe that FXCM pulled out of the states afyter an issue with the regulators.

Cheers

Blackduck

I think it is your broker that is causing the issue. You might have to change your broker.You have posted amazing charts. They are full of information for any new trader.