I don't get the Oanda Hype. Is it just me?

I really don’t understand why everyone likes Oanda, executions are extremely slow. Am I the only person who witnesses this? I’m using MT4 because I don’t like their platform either. From everything I’ve read Oanda seems to be the only broker I should trust with my money, yet I don’t trust trades to start for a long time after I place them!

I tried them and to be honest I didnt like them either. So looks like we are the only 2. But hey dont that put us in like the top 1% of the smartest forex traders in the would.

Hmm, maybe they seem to be so good because others are even worse, lol. Beware with the market makers! Take an ecn. Less issues imho.

There may be an issue with MT4 demo platform. It was really bad just prior to Oct 5th – like > 1 minute to process orders. Now it is better, but still not ideal. I’m seeing delays as much as about 30 seconds in some cases.

I ONLY see this on the MT4 demo platform, NOT on the fxTrade demo platform.

It is very possible that this is an MT4 demo-only issue, and that MT4 live is not experiencing the delay. That is also what Oanda support is claiming. I will let you know once I move to an MT4 live account whether or not there is an issue.

Oanda supports MT4 through a custom “bridge” technology – which means they translate MT4 into their native fxTrade platform. Theoretically there would be some sort of delay during this translation, but I believe depending on the strategy – that it may be negligible in the grand scheme. For example, I would say you DON’T want to use Oanda MT4 for quick scalping due to this (possible) issue (instead use fxTrade, which has always been native/instant). For a swing strategy, perhaps a few extra seconds shouldn’t matter anyway.

Overall, in my opinion, the Pros of Oanda outweight the negatives.

I use Oanda but I don’t use their MT4. I use the java. It’s not all that good for charting but I have never had any delays in execution.

I also use Oanda… I guess the “hype” is because is the best among market makers. No too much of a delay in executions on the java platform…

if you don’t like the java platform…then use MT for charting and fxtrade for execution

Hmmm, why are the spreads so massive on Oanda?? 10 pips for EUR/USD? :open_mouth: Or am I missing something?

Right now it’s weekend. You can still open and close trades with Oanda while all other brokers are closed, but you get the weekend spread which for EURUSD is 10 pips…

Ah I see! :smiley: Thanks!

Its the MT4. It comes and goes. Execution on their native platform is light-speed. Only reason I use MT 4 is I have a good pivot template for MT4 that does not work with the Oanda platform.

I use Oanda too, never have problem.