I finally give up. Hooray

I feel your pain! Though I am no pro at trading myself I know there are those who have made fortunes in FX. I have found fundamentals helpful, with some technical craft. Some good down to earth FX books, maybe I shouldn’t say which ones, but search and you will find. Like one of the comments, maybe some position adjustments or scaling might be helpful. But it’s always easier on paper than in realty.

With all the knowledge you have gained whilst demo trading before you run away have a good look at trading on price action only. or learn more about Remko charts. The best in my mind is working off trend lines (higher lows etc.), and S & R levels… I use 2 only.
I have a proprietary set of bands which are infinitely adjustable… very useful. I have called it the DDE (will explain later,)
Hope you rethink your action.

So sorry to hear that you were not successful. I am going through babypips right now, but I made sure to have a mentor who is already making money in the form of about $15,000 per month. Maybe you could have gotten a mentor and watched them trade and see if you were seeing the same thing they saw and lfindout where you were weak at and build those areas. I plan on making sure I sit right next to someone who actually is making money and learn that way so I can be in tune with how and why they make the decisions they make using the tools provided. Let me know if you tried this or not and if you think I have a chance at success using this type of dual strategy.

How many hours per week did you devote to trading and research?

Did you have a full-time job at the same time? Family?

I ask only to get a sense of what 2+ years means.

@ToneGarot
i completely agree mate
however, whatever it means, whether it’s 18 hours a day studying it with no job
or 15mins a month

TO HIM, it has got to a point where he has given up
and i personally, seriously doubt that trying to convince him to start up again is going to be off any good

I mean, Let’s say someone does… right

ok, then he tries again, because he got a confidence boost or a second wind or whatever.
then he loses his money again (which is highly likely)

where will he then be ?

as far as i’m concerned unless he can turn around and say "I’m gonna do it now matter what"
he probably won’t end up trading profitably.

in which case, i think we should all respect his decision instead of trying to get him to restart a losing battle.
Just my opinion

1 Like

Very much mine, too. Trading really isn’t for everyone.

1 Like

hehe… how true huh

And i’ve learned over the years
it’s one thing to say it
it’s another thing to say you understand it (even though believe it)

and then IT’S A WHOLE DIFFERENT KETTLE OF FISH When you see so many people crash and burn
and feel the stress from losing after having said they wouldn’t stress
and then those people keep saying to the world “Yeah i’m doing fine with trading” when what it really means is… “I’m Firetrucked and broke, What am i gonna do now” hehe

and it literally gets etched into your brain ,time after time, as Plain and day that TRADING IS NOT FOR EVERYONE

and like a bloody mormon coming to your door to spread the word of christ,
i like to spead the word that trading is not for everyone , so that they avoid the pain

hehe
but, … they don’t listen… DO THEY MATE ?
The money gets them hooked
they think THEY can tough it out and they’ll be ok
and (in the words of the emperor in Star Wars) “Only then AT THE END do they realize” hehe,
… it wasn’t for them and just caused them a few years or months of uneccessary stress.

you know what…
there should be like a test or a quiz that one should take to Verify if trading is for them and if they are the right personality or level of intelligence
and there should be like a score, say if you are above 60% you have a chance, if you are below 60% trading is not for you
if you are above 80% it’s likely for you and you should give it ago
or something like that

Man… that would alleviate so much stress for so many people
Just a thought.

Happy New Year
I hope this paints a very very graphic picture for the newbies

I still want to hear from the OP how much time he spent researching/trading in that 2+ years.

You’re not entitled to demand that informtion. - If the Guy decides he doesn’t want to lose his money, he does NOT have to explain himself to the likes of US !

That’s twice now my question to the OP has been hijacked.

Seriously, I am interested in hearing what the guy has to say, yet two of you seem the need to grandstand for your own purposes. How about you mind your own business?

2 Likes

You were the one who started intruding !

How do you figure that?

My apologies to anyone reading this thread. I was not looking to provoke a fight or to derail the thread. I simply wanted additional information from the OP so that I could better relate his experience with my own.

2 Likes

Hi, I just want to tell you that I also have the same feeling just like you. I also want to quit for several times, but never able to really quit.

The last decision I make is 2 months ago, when I make my last deposit, I was down about 80% already (the life of my account is hanging on the thread), you know brexit and all… I said if I blow up this one I will quit once and for all… but maybe I am a degenerate gambler, I make another deposit last month and this will be my last deposit (I write this reply to you also for me too look back)… that is when it really hit me, I suddenly doing quite well… I don`t panic, I have a plan in order, and I keep winning (well this week the market is quite nice also).
What I do is actually trading reversal, I check the changes in D1 and W1 if the market should reverse, for me I think trading reversal is the best play, I trade near support and resistance… there is one words that always keep repeating in my mind when my account life is hanging on the thread and that is one magic words “Buy Low and Sell High” It is not as easy as the saying, because Low can get Lower and High can get Higher.
What I want to say Is, I really Understand your feeling… but right now I’m still fighting, life hanging on the thread and all, but if someday I decided to quit once and for all… I will come and see this post again.

Happy New Year.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing that @sywa83 - It is fair and reasonable that you would make those decisions.

The likelihood is IMHO, that you will go away and think - or just have fun - Sometimes when we get a difficult problem, the right thing to do is walk away, sit down and have a cigarette and a cup of tea - go fishing - build a shed - anything!

Then suddenly, you think “well i wonder…”, go back and the pieces start to fall into place.

It may be a year, two or ten, but for a real thinker, it is likely that you will be back…

The very last thing you need atm is people asking dumb questions and chasing you through the “PM system” - demanding to know ; "WHy ? what ? How ? HAve you ? etc etc.

Your decision mate, is your decision - If you come back, we’ll be here to help as best we can - if you ask us.

But the subconscious brain is superb and will eventually make sense of what you need to do - whether that be to return - or to go away.

I wish both yourself and Bob all the very best and I hope you have happy lives.

my pm is always open to either or both of you and I certainly have nothing to sell.

All the very best

F

[Edit - and a very happy New Year to you and to Bob ! ]

Thanks for the links to the rules. However . . .

First off, I really don’t appreciate your calling my post a “weasel disclaimer.” I honestly looked, and honestly could not find the rules immediately. I wanted to give be helpful right away, not wait for however long it would take for a mod to inform me what was permissible.

Secondly, I am not selling or soliciting anything, I make nothing from directing people to that Youtube channel.

Third, I merely provided a name on Youtube to access free information. The OP does not need to buy anything to watch the video or learn what he needs to know.

Fourth, it is NOT “some guy’s site who proposes to take money for forex service,” it’s YOUTUBE, not a link to a forex services web page. Jerremy doesn’t even trade forex.

Fifth, if you’re not the mod, I’d rather wait to hear from one of them, so I can be sure the info I’m given is correct. I was just apologizing in advance in case it was breaking the rules to post any info like that, whether it’s solicitation or not. In fact, I avoided linking altogether, just giving the teacher’s name, so I don’t know what you’re going on about with regard to “links.”

Since you’re not the mod, I am not happy about being painted with the brush of soliciting, especially when it was a suggestion to useful info, and because I am a newb who hasn’t been here in a long, long while and has never solicited or offered info before. Give a newb the benefit of the doubt and don’t make insinuations that are completely based on your misinterpretation. I provided no link, and certainly not to somebody who’s selling forex services. Sheesh. Sorry to go on about it, but you spent a lot of characters insinuating something completely other than what I was doing, using false statements. I take offense at that. I just want to be part of the community here, get help and advice, and help out when I’m able, and not be misrepresented by random members who aren’t mods who can’t be bothered to read my post carefully. Is that too much to ask?

Thanks again for the links. I will study the rules. Cheers, mate!

1 Like

»»NO SOLICITATION. This includes soliciting forum members to join groups or classes on Skype, YM, AIM, trading rooms, or chat rooms, to follow Twitter users, to try out free products and services, signal services, membership sites and the like.««

So, it’s not clear to me whether telling somebody to check out a Youtube channel is “solicitation,” since virtually every trader I know looks at videos on Youtube videos for trader education, with no obligation to sign up for anything in order to access the “free” info. It really is just free info, not fake-free. So I will abide by whatever the mods’ decision on this is.

2 Likes

Thanks for the message. Great

@ToneGarot
yeah… Fair enough. i understand
Happy New Year

@ToneGarot
hey mate
Re this…

if you are assuming that I WAS ONE OF THOSE that HIJACKED your question.

i’d like to apologize ok
My intention was not to hijack
my intention was merely to share an opinion

i respect the fact that you have asked the OP a Question and … Rightfully so, you should get an answer from the OP.

but mate, i’m allowed to throw in my 2 cents worth without it being called a Hijacking… ok
so my apology for the misunderstanding ok

so , let’s take that count of 2 Hijackings down to 1… Shall we… hehe
and i’ll leave @falstaff to deal with you as he see’s fit regarding his count

now… AS YOU WERE hehe
Side Note… I wonder why the OP hasn’t responded yet as well ?

anyway, it’s the 31st December
ok
so, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU GUYS
and we’ll speak soon i imagine
be cool