I get the best results when I'm asleep

Some of you may laugh and maybe rightfully so. My best results so far have been after I put on a position and sometimes add to it later. Then I go comatose in my chair after nodding off while watching. I can feel the care leaving me as this happens…pathetic.

1 Like

No… that’s not pathetic
that’s actually what you’re supposed to do

You’re not supposed to stress while trading
it’s just supposed to be a routine.

and if you can sleep and not have a care in the world… that’s great.
keep it up

don’t put yourself down mate, it’s not healthy

Isn’t that a good thing? Making money while sleep is the best thing. It doesn’t matter whether you are awake or asleep, it’s about whether is it working for you or against you. Congratulations to you that it is working in your favour. Wish you more good results.

1 Like

I am not laughing. If something works for you then it works, that’s the only thing that matters, who am I to judge you?

Interesting! But I see, a number of new traders are unable to wait for last point of TP; usually they close their good trades too early! Interestingly you are not by sleeping!

the best trading tactic is to not watch the charts at all after your position has been open.

Brings to mind the old advice that in the markets, time makes you more money than timing.

1 Like

Thanks all. I am hoping to have the same level to nonchalant with all my trades in the waking hour. I guess money management has a lot to do with that.

I also think there is a fine-line between trading vicariously and being patient and waiting for the intended results no matter what the situation.

The sad part is most of us trade the wrong way. Leave it up to us to think that what we did an hour ago or even days ago has an influence on what is going to happen now. Simply look at the EU pounding everyone is taking. We have seen EU move from 1.0550 to where it is today, 1.2414, only to see so many GURU’S with there stupid lines on the chart as if the market will respect their assumed trend line. Ladies and Gents, this market is meant to be scalped. Everyone talks about “long term” success but in order to obtain it you must have short term success first. No one in this forex market has that.

1 Like

So is scalping really the most efficient and lowest risk way to play an uptrend?

Yes! Have a look at today’s PA on EU. Typically a slow moving pair not only did it spike up, but it made a 100%+ recovery before US market closed. The trick of forex is how you perceive the chart. I personally NEVER enter outside of a range on the 1m. Why? As when you are outside of a “range” your chances of the next candle going your way is 33% compared to 50% if you are already in a range. Remember, during a breakout the instrument you trade can continue to breakout, begin to go flat, or reverse. Well EU did all three today. If as a community be started to break down the PA on the 1m, you will see that the market is more accurate on the lower than the higher.

Here you see the reversal of EU! Inverted cup and handle formation!

How 95% of the traders feel this moment!

Wow. It’s very good indeed. You are getting best results while sleeping. Congrats. Like Jamesfx9 said if it works, that’s great. No matter whether you are awake or sleeping. It is said that if you want to be rich, find a way to make money while you are sleeping.

All in all, many traders earn money while sleeping if their stops are located properly and the analysis is done accurately.

Well, it is a good strategy! I’m also going to open several deals and will go to bed, then we’ll see if this method works for me! =)

Ha ha
I liked this thread. It’s true some of my longest profit runs where after I set a position and feel asleep. I’m not recommending this to everyone.

I usually look for bigger moves rather than trading the minutia. However this year the geo political BS has been on overdrive so it’s been challenging to get those clean long moves that are inline with the long-term sentiment.

I remember placing a buy order on AUD/USD before I went to bed. I left very wide SL’s. I woke up at 2 A.M to check my free margin left at like 20 cents before I got a margin call. My stomach churned, I felt hungry. But I left the trade open to find it in profit when my alarm at 6 woke me up.

Truthfully, most of my trades that I left open overnight killed me in the morning when I woke up. I prefer being in control of my trades and therefore like to handle them while I am awake

But every trader is different and if you find this works for you, continue exercising it and best wishes

quite interesting actually. However, we can feel pressurize in front of computers if we are trying to trade for the whole day. I don’t know whether you are just saying this randomly or you have observed the truth, I must say that a trader will always require some break from trading so that he can come back with full enthusiasm.