I had probleme with entry

Over the past three years, I’ve immersed myself in the field of ICT, diligently learning and backtesting various strategies and tools. My journey began with high hopes and a belief in the potential of the methods I was exploring. However, as time passed, I came to a crucial realization: I was missing a fundamental piece of the puzzle.
Despite my efforts and the extensive knowledge I gained, I discovered that I lacked a deep understanding of the most critical elements in this domain – identifying ITL and ITH.
Recently, I’ve made significant progress in recognizing ITL and ITH. I now understand how to identify these key indicators, which has been a major breakthrough in my learning process. These concepts are pivotal for making informed decisions and effectively leveraging technology in various applications.
I find myself struggling with the practical aspect of this knowledge – specifically, how to enter If you can help me , i will apreciat it .

You would wait for price to show market structure on your entry timeframe that is in the same direction as your higher time frame setup, and then make an entry based off a reaction to an entry time frame POI.

1 Like

I was using The ICT 2022 model entry , but am confused about wich gap i choose

I don’t use ICT’s methods but, you probably should enter from a POI that is in premium pricing if selling or in discount pricing if buying.

Your POI has a higher probability if it also has inducement above the POI if buying or below the POI if selling.

Price may react from a FVG POI or the orderblock POI so if there is an unmitigated POI beyond the POI that you’re entering from (which could cause your entry to be liquidity) you probably should account for the fartrher POI or have strong confirmation for entry.

1 Like

Is it just me who is stupid? I have no idea what ITL and ITH mean, and also from the response, what a POI is. And I’ve been reading up on Forex for about 15 years. Granted, I have not read anything about ICT (which I presume means Inner Circle Traders), but I am curious about these acronyms, to become a mine of useless information. Can you help me?

2 Likes

I am not an ICT student but I can answer your question because I once delved into it in the search for myself.

ITL ⸺ Intermediate Term Low

ITH ⸺ Intermediate Term High

POI ⸺ Point of Interest

Not knowing the meaning of these terms should not bother you as there are a good number of people who know zilch about them and they are very good traders. Inner Circle Trader is the name by which Michael Huddleston is popularly known.

1 Like

The Op is right that understanding this market structure helps to detect sentiment shift.

All he has to do is make an entry in the direction of the ITL or ITH using the most recently created FVG (Fair Value Gap) or he may use an OTE (Optimal Trade Entry) or he may use an order block as his POI.

1 Like

Entry timing can be challenging. Consider combining ITL and ITH identification with additional indicators or price action signals for precise entries. Practice patience and discipline, and backtest your approach to refine it further.

To sum up trading-for-beginners, be long when prices have been rising, be short when they have been falling.

Oops. I hope I didn’t just put a lot of trainers out of business.

1 Like

I hope so too, because many of them apparently have no other way of making a living (certainly not by trading, anyway: selling stuff to “desperate buyers” is much easier money than that!).

1 Like

Hey!

Sounds like you’ve made some solid progress with ITL and ITH, nice one! If you’re struggling with how to apply these concepts practically, I’d be glad to help. Just let me know what specific issues you’re facing, and we can take it from there!

It’s not unusual to see posts on babypips from new traders who cannot understand and properly use ICT’s strategies.

When are people going to catch on and draw the obvious conclusions?

thanks alot , i had big problem with entry , how should i enter , i know that itl and ith formed time and everythignbut i need to master the entryy

I’ve never heard of ICT ITL ITH.
Price only go up or down. 100% unpredictable.
Entry price level doesn’t matter. Can’t predict the future based on the past.