I have a consistent strategy but I am busy and miss some trades

I have a consistent strategy that trades on the hour between 8a-10a. I work third shift and I trade immediately after work and go to bed at 10a. I have about 12 trades a month btw. But I’m in school for electrical engineering and try to have time with my wife and other things. It sucks because I would miss trades because we were stuck at an appointment or something. Is it normal to miss trades due to inevitable times? I just stopped trading because I don’t know how to respond to it until I know what’s best. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

If possible, adapt your strategy so that it matches your hours of work etc. For example, can you set entry orders in advance when the chart makes the set-up you are hoping for?

2 Likes

You can build EA which will make transactions for you

1 Like

I don’t know how to do that and I’ve read that they don’t actually work.

I remember you ProfessorPips. You helps me a lot with my perspective. I’m using the same strategy. I am just having a problem with the schedule.

1 Like

You have couple solutions, learn how to code, use free ea creator, pay someone who create ea for you.

Very vaild concern! :open_mouth: I think it’s great that you still want to pursue forex despite your busy schedule. :open_mouth: Balancing your school, family, trading and other things is definitely not easy. Hmm. :thinking: Personally, I think missing trades, although frustrating, is not the end of the world. Maybe you can concentrate on the ones you were able to execute rather than stressing over the ones you missed. I’d also have to agree with tommor. Maybe adjusting your schedule can help? Have you tried this before or is it really not possible for now? :open_mouth: