I have some questions I have stumbled upon while starting trading

1. Should I close my trades on Friday to avoid paying swap fees (Swing trades)?
  2. If I have a trade open on EURAUD and spot another setup on EURCAD with enough confluence, should I enter the second trade as well?
  3. Can a weekly candle reject a Daily Area of Interest?
  4. If price rejects both an Area of Interest (AOI) and the last structure point, does that count as two confluences?
  5. How many pairs should I watch at the same time?
  1. No , especially if your in a sell
  2. Ideally you want the biggest trade of the day . To do this install the pivot points indicator and measure the pip distance to the r2 or s2 or s3 of each ,
    whichever has the most pip potential keep.
  3. Yes
  4. Depends on candle structure, it’s more likely a good rejection if there is a candle pattern being rejected at the same time as resistance or support
  5. You look at every pair in the morning and choose the best one with best setup
1 Like
  1. Absolutely! Closing your trades on Friday can help you avoid swap fees, especially with swing trades.

2. If you’re seeing strong confluence for a setup on EURCAD while already in a trade on EURAUD, it’s worth considering, but make sure your risk management is solid!

3. Yes, a weekly candle can definitely reject a daily Area of Interest—those higher time frames pack a punch!

4. If price rejects both an AOI and the last structure point, that gives you two solid confluences, which is great for confirming your bias.

5. As for how many pairs to watch, it really depends on your strategy, but keeping an eye on 3-5 pairs is often manageable without overwhelming yourself.

1 Like
  1. Closing trades on Friday to avoid swap fees depends on your strategy and how long you plan to hold. Sometimes it’s worth it if you see potential over the weekend.
  2. If you spot a solid setup on EURCAD with confluence and have enough margin, it’s okay to enter both trades, but manage your risk.
  3. Yes, a weekly candle can reject a daily AOI—it’s strong confirmation.
  4. If price rejects both an AOI and a structure point, that definitely counts as two confluences.
  5. Stick to 2-3 pairs at first to avoid getting overwhelmed.

1.I usually close my swing trades on Friday to avoid swap fees over the weekend. It helps me keep my costs down, but it really depends on my strategy and how confident I feel about the trade.

2.If I spot a setup on EURCAD with strong confluence while already in a trade on EURAUD, I’d consider entering the second trade, but I’d make sure it aligns with my overall strategy and risk management.

3.Absolutely! A weekly candle can definitely reject a daily Area of Interest. I find that higher time frames often have a more significant impact on price action.

4.Yes, if price rejects both an Area of Interest and the last structure point, I see that as two confluences. It strengthens my decision to enter a trade.

5.I usually keep an eye on a handful of pairs—maybe 3 to 5 at most. It helps me stay focused and manage my analysis without getting overwhelmed.

Another point to consider when deciding whether to hold across the weekend is that there is very little good news over weekends for forex pairs. The situation is even worse for shares and stock market indices.

1. It depends on your strategy and the potential for movement over the weekend. If the swap fee outweighs the expected profit, it might be wise to close, but if the setup looks strong, holding can be justified.
  2. If you have enough confluence and proper risk management in place, entering a second trade can be fine. Just ensure you’re not over-leveraging.
  3. Yes, it can. A weekly candle rejecting a daily area is a strong confirmation since higher timeframes carry more weight.
  4. Yes, this counts as two confluences and can strengthen your trade setup.
  5. Start with 2-3 pairs to stay focused and avoid overwhelming yourself. Expand as you become more comfortable.