I’m fairly new to this trade and it’s not going well for me

Hello guy
I’m fairly new to this trade. And it’s not going well for me at all. I learn to trade in the jyp/gbp and now I am just stock in this trade for over a month and it keeps going up . I have basically lost 80% and it keeps going up and I keep losing. Secondly I got a new phone because I lost my last one and I am unable to get back in to my MetaTrader 4 demo account. Is there anyway advice?

It sounds like your problem is lack of a stop-loss entered with the trade?

Is your 80% loss on the demo account you mention? You probably shouldn’t be risking more than 1% of your account on any individual trade, and you definitely shouldn’t be trading with real money yet.

This (whether GBP/JPY or JPY/GBP) is actually a pair to avoid in the early stages of trading - and probably after that, too. But that’s not your main issue, here, obviously.

I think you need an answer from the broker’s support staff, for that one.

Welcome to the forum, anyway. This (click the green link below) is the place to start, to learn about forex trading -

1 Like

Start with the trading school from Babypips. That’s the link above.
Concerning your issues,

1. Losing 80% of your account means you never set a stop loss. Before your loss grew to that extent you should have cut it off. There’s this saying “if you cannot small losses then you must be ready to take a bigger one”

2. Recovery your MT træder account could be done by accessing your broker’s trader account.

2 Likes

All other necessary information has been given by other friends, and the only thing that I can add is this: please do not enter any new live trades and do whatever you want on the demo until you are sure that your strategy will work in live trading.

2 Likes

HI @tmahabir84, I suggest you to trade a less volatile major pair.
Learn price action or SMC is the must to know how to identify market structure. There is no other way to learn trading CFD up to now.

About your lost a demo account due to your misplaced phone, simple just create another one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank u for your advice

1 Like

Thank u for your information

Thank u , I will do as u advice

Hello guy
G/J has retraced 600 pips off its highs. It’s hard to correct the past when there was no plan to manage. Best is to hold until breakeven now.

Next time, trade smaller. Use the difference in the smaller size to enter at better pricing if it goes against you. Much less stressful.

Don’t just look at the chart which prints a textbook entry signal or pattern or a pair whose technical indicators all say buy now buy now buy now.

Think about the currencies in that pair. Look at the other charts with that currency against the other major currencies. You should see that for a couple of years now the markets have not found any lasting reasons to buy the JPY.

1 Like

Well everyone gave their reply to this… so there is nothing for me to add like that. But you should actually learn proper trading…
This site has a forex course were you can learn from.
Anyways welcome to the party

It is a good thing the losses are on a demo account. You are doing the one thing a trader should never do—trading on hope. I suggest you take a break from trading and pursue the knowledge of trading. That will help you make more informed decisions such as knowing when your analysis has been invalidated so that you exit the trade with your stoploss.

You can get another demo account like someone suggested.

Oh it’s a demo acct? So the lost phone cost more than the trade.

OP: you gotta blow a couple real money accounts first to know what the bottom feels like.

1 Like

Technically the phone was as much as the trade over $1000

Yes that’s what I have been doing thank you

I understand how frustrating it is to be stuck in a losing trade; I’ve been there too.

For a trader, SL and TP are the 2 super weapons to protect the trading capital and dodge fear and greed. Also, finding the apt position size for yourself is the key.

Hang in there; trading is tough, but learning from these experiences is part of the process.

I really like this sentence a lot. :smile:
We only can determine experience from this event. Only real trader can say it in a realistic funny way :smile: … My salute :saluting_face:

1 Like