I need a little bit of help with the IG CFD broker

If I want to buy the NASDAQ 100 index today at the beginning at the trading day. Do I do it like this
I want to buy at 18630 put a stop loss of 26 points (or at 18604) and the close the trade and take profit at 18673 (do I put that at the limit ) section
Ive attached here a picture of IG platform hope its enough information from me for you guys and gals know what Im talking about

Not familiar with this platform but it looks simple enough and this looks right.

1 Like

I think i have seen it before. BTW, it looks so easy; I can say it is user-friendly.

1 Like

Hi @bogdanm2 , I am familiar with the IG order ticket. you are doing it in the right way for price level and stop loss, but wrong with the limit (take profit). Just like for your stop, it needs to be a number of pips. Here you have it as 18673 pips away! :hushed:
But if and once the order is filled, the "position’ tab on IG will then show those as levels. And should you want to change them as you go (as in tightening your stop) you then input those as levels.
Best of luck!

2 Likes

OWO, that’s great and easy to use. Is it free?

1 Like

@TTH Correct
I have used IG platform for more than 10 years - it’s so good, it’s addictive and you will never want to use another!
I also use TD365 for 200:1 leverage but their platform is hell after IG.

@merryhenson You have to have an account with IG :+1:

1 Like

Jeez - I’m forgetting how old I am - I’ve been using IG for more than 20yrs :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks for your help it`s what I needed

@bogdanm2
I day trade Nasdaq, sometimes Dow - a little tip (I know you are starting your trading journey) - Nasdaq respects the daily pivots it’s good to have them on your chart. In Nasdaq you have found a great instrument. I also have 8EMA and 20SMA on 5min and 1min charts.
I don’t know your strategy but hope this helps.
Hope you do well.
And don’t believe anyone who says crossovers don’t work! You can put the Keltner Channel on to keep you out of sideways movement, IG default is already set to a good setting.
I’ve just given you my strategy! Ha ha, perhaps it’s something you could play around with. :wink:

Here is an example - it is Dax but same for Nasdaq

Today-
See how it hesitated at R1 then went down to bang on the PIVOT