I need a very specific feature in a broker

Dear friends,

I’m looking for something very specific that I haven’t found. Does anyone know of a reliable broker (not market maker) that allows you to set a maximum lot size for your account, and that setting makes MT4 or MT5 terminal to be able to trade only up to that max lot?

Example: Your broker accepts 1000 lot size max. But you set your account to 20 lot. In your MT4 or MT5 terminal, you open any number of trades with 20 lot size, but if you try to open a 21-lot trade, it happens the same as if it’s 10001 lots. The button is gray and unclickable until you type an amount of 20 or lower.
You can change the max lot setting from 20 to any number below 1000, or 1000.

What broker does this? Please help.
I have a good Martingale EA that will close trades in loss, but it performs better in accounts with lower max lot, like 50. But I would like even lower than 50, maybe just 1 lot ot 2.

Help! And if you’re a Forex influencer and your broker will do this for you, please ask them to! My broker isn’t interested in adding this feature. :frowning: Have a blessed week everyone.

why dont you set this limit in your martingale EA?

Dear togr,

I’m not the programmer and don’t have access to the code. By now, what I’m doing is to trade in a demo account with max fix lot allowed in the demo account, and copy the trades in real account with the fix lot that I want. This way, I’m not using Martingale. But I don’t like to copy from demo to real account, I would prefer to trade directly in the real account. The other solution would be to invest millions in a real account and trade the max lot, but I don’t have that money! :slight_smile:

How to say this? Dear friends…

I badly need brokers to do this! How can they do it?

I wonder what is your expected capital and leverage to reach max volume that broker offers? With deposit less than million dollars this seems to be implausible for me as risks will be extremely high.

Exactly my friend Ontario, that’s why I need a broker that allows to set the max lot to whatever I want. I currently have like $1000 putting all my accounts together! And for me to trade safely with 100 lots (example of Tickmill broker), I would need $10 million dollars. Agea broker has max lot of 10 lots, so I would need $1 million, but it’s not regulated and I don’t want to do it with Agea. So…

If a broker allows you to set a max lot of 0.01, I would only need $1000 for every 0.01 lot. Martingale would not be used, but sometimes several trades would open at the same time.

I have asked the EA developer to modify the EA and guess the answer: NO :frowning: So I wonder if a broker would allow me to do that! :frowning: You can watch me do it at MQL5, in my signal named Aragon careful trader.
This is not an ad because the signal is not spectacular, it’s a cent account. But you can watch there the non-Martingale trades for the last 2 weeks only, it’s really ok. I’m copying trades from a DEMO account with max lot.

So… please can someone help? Does anyone here have an influence on brokers? :slight_smile: Or maybe someone could influence MQL5 so they add this feature in the MT4 platform? :smiley: It would not only help me, but also traders who are not so skilled at managing risks, so they not mistakenly open a huge trade they can’t afford! :smiley:

Well I stick to the view there is no way to cheat market playing with lot size extremely moving towards increasing your risk. The more is your leverage the more is your vulnerability towards markets swings even small ones. Big lot size even exacerbates it.

Lol maybe most of the brokers should send a joint request to MetaQuotes so that they even bother thinking of adding such option :smiley:
It’s trader’s responsibility to manage his risk(s) and most of the times the rest of market participants will benefit (STP Brokers from the commission and Market Makers from your loss) from traders’ mistake (that is what they actually hope of :D).
Besides that I believe such account setting is actually possible but also no broker will do it for a $1000 account (unless you have connections :D).
Cheers :wink:

Only solution: To learn to code, create my own EA and add a parameter. But it’s hard for full-time employees! Eventually I will have to :frowning:

Well yes that’s an option too, but actually there are a lot of EAs that can help you with your risk management if that‘s what’s bothering you :wink: