I need help please

Hi KattyKH and welcome to Babypips.
You are not alone and this is a very natural feeling. You are not stupid - you are trying to learn something that is very attractive and potentially very rewarding. I persist at trading, after nearly 15 years, because like you, I thought I was stupid back in 2010 when I paid $3,000 to attend a one week trading course, and could not instantly make money. Only last year did I finally become profitable over all that time, and it happened because of cryptocurrency, not traditional Forex. But I applied all the tools I had learned trading Forex and some indices for a long time. Unlike many others, this has never been a passion for a ā€œcareerā€, it is just one of many things I have done in life that all have a common theme of providing diverse sources of income.

Oanda used to do copy trading - they may still do. I had thought about it but never did it. As others have said, persist, starting with any simple strategy, and use a demo account so you can build your self confidence if for no other reason than to put on a few hundred trades so the mechanics is just like driving car, or shopping for groceries. You donā€™t really think too deeply because you have done it hundreds of times. And if it is demo trading, it has no direct cost. Only your time to place trades - all types of trades, just for fun. One time I traded exactly the opposite of what my trading plan told me to do, and I was no worse off than if I had traded according to the plan. That told me that my plans had no edge. I was losing whether I traded to plan, or to the opposite of plan. That baseline taught me to be patient, and years later, I very rarely make a rookie error placing a trade the wrong way around or for 10 times my intended stake. Stick at it, and make sure you enjoy the journey.

2 Likes

thank you so much for sharing your experience :rose:

1 Like

Which strategy exactly. Iā€™m reading the school now. I only see like one mentioned. The Itā€™s so Easy Itā€™s Ridiculous system, but thatā€™s more about creating your own strategy.

They literally have a stop loss lesson that shows you at least 4 ways to set a stop.

There are plenty of ways to skin a cat. With or without indicators. Isnā€™t trading purely price action an example of this?

I see that strategy. Thereā€™s no edge in trading it. It could still be profitable, but no edge I can see.

Thatā€™ll work then. I donā€™t use stops, but I have access to retail broker clientā€™s stop loss orders. All retail brokers publish their clientā€™s stop losses for liquidity reasons (and extra $$).

Even price action is subjective. Derivatives of historical price is very subjectiveā€¦ based on settings as well.

Can you explain this a bit more? How or where does that happen? Do ā€œnormalā€ traders have access to that information?

Ya, you can always ask a retail broker for their clientā€™s order book. Some sell it thoughā€¦ but Eikon/Bloomberg has access to them. Oanda publishes all client positions & orders for free. OANDA Order & Position Book Tool | Tools | OANDA somewhere in there.

1 Like

Hmm, Iā€™ll need to do some reading up on this order book. I havenā€™t seen this before. Thanks for sharing this.

Ya for sure. All retail order & position books are sold or posted online. Part of their business model.

1 Like

Interesting, Iā€™ve heard about this before but didnā€™t realize it was actually available to clients. Thatā€™s definitely an advantage I didnā€™t expect

1 Like