I signed up for a free Forex seminar

Well, I initially thought that it was a seminar where they’re gonna teach you some forex tips and tricks. :sweat_smile: But it turns out, it’s just another sales pitch. :sweat:

Actually, I met up with my friends recently and apparently, they attended the free seminar! :open_mouth: My friends said they were really persuasive and even had a single mom talk about how she’s had financial freedom because of forex. :open_mouth: (My friend was an oral communication teacher so she kinda saw right through the talk though. :stuck_out_tongue:)

“That Champagne” was probably the most dreadful beverage I have ever tasted :laughing: - but as you say it was a part of my contract in agreeing to attend. :unamused:

No @ria_rose I don’t ever wonder about that. It was never a part of my decision making process. I was only there because I had heard of their tactics and wanted to see them for myself. :slight_smile:

Sometimes, when we are aware of a danger, it is good to face it and overcome the situation. As long as one is persistent and firm, there is no real danger and the learning experience in and of itself, can be a great education for the future.

There are situations where the currently taught “rules” of meekness and politeness are ineffective and we owe it to ourselves and our potenntial children to be able to protect ourselves and them ! Even if it entails a resort to “Rudeness” !

Unfortunately, it’s very common scenario! By the way, thanks for your reply.

1 Like

@ria_rose thank God you asked your friend, guess that was an excellent decision. Unfortunately most of these free seminars are a sales pitch and eventually you see that for these guys there is no such thing as a “free lunch”.
@Falstaff, very interesting story indeed.

[quote=“Falstaff, post:15, topic:146438”]
At the end, when I said “er NO !”

we were shouted at and abused for “wasting their time” ! even though at no point did we express any psitive interest at all ! - Had to insist quite hard that we got the “Complimentary bottle of champagne - just for going” which waspromised, - and we had to walk home to the hotel !"[/quote]
Honestly, I am shocked how can they afford to treat their guests that way, it is absurd. So what, did they try to make you pay for the services and beverages you received?

1 Like

Haha. :slight_smile: Wow. That seems so wise! I’ve been so used to just avoiding danger or conflicts and submitting to what others people say so I guess, this is something that I have to work on before I even dare to face it. :sweat_smile:

Duly noted sir! :smiley: Haha. :slight_smile: Thanks for that!

Yeah. :smiley: It was also great that I asked for thoughts here before attending. I guess, the downside of my stupidity :sweat: is that I gave real contact information when I signed up. :frowning: and now, they keep on sending me emails and calling my phone just to get me to come! :confused: :confounded:

@ria_rose Oh no, you are not stupid, you were just curious to try and excited. Everyone makes mistakes. Just block them and that shall be the end of it :smiley:

Thanks for the reassurance. :stuck_out_tongue: Hahahaha. :slight_smile: I’ll do that! I hope they don’t push anymore. Or I’m gonna be forced to directly say that I have no money buy anything from them in the first place! HAHA. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Forex seminars are playing an important role in developing the awareness among the new people who have intrest in the trading. I also attend these seminars as they are a great source of knowledge which is important for getting success.

Maybe some seminars are. :smiley: I have yet to find one that’s not sketchy though. :sweat_smile: Since the “financial freedom” that forex offers is sooooo tempting, a lot of bad guys use this to take advantage of others. :angry: :confounded:

Hi guys! :smiley: This thread has been silent for a while, but hopefully, other Filipino traders were lucky (and smart) enough to read the reviews for Learn To Trade Philippines instead of jum

A friend who was also invited to one of their free seminars just sent me this news article saying that the said company has been raided by the NBI. :open_mouth: Based on my understanding of the article, they ask for “investments” and pretend to trade only to inform the investors that their accounts have been blown up. :open_mouth: The dangers of trusting other people with your money. :frowning:

Thanks again to the BP community for warning me and helping me make a better decision! :smiley: My demo trading’s taking a long time (and I’m still not consistently profitable). But at least, I better understand how things work. :smiley:

Finally! They’ve been scamming for a long time. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Yeah! :frowning: Huhuhu. I think there’s even a thread here where people are trying to get in touch with each other to know how to get their money back. :frowning: I just wish that now that their activities have been halted, their victims still get their money back. :frowning: From what I’ve heard, they charge so much!!! :cry: