I think I rely on indicators too much

Being a beginner, I’ve come to the realization that I can’t read bare charts (charts without indicators)
While I was searching “Beginner forex strategy on Youtube,” I came across a video talking about a trend strategy that aims to find the reversal point of a trend on a timeframe lower than the daily that is in the opposite direction of the one on the daily.

In the video, the guy was entering trades without using any indicators but since I can’t do that, I thought that maybe if I use enough indicators, they will do all the work for me and improve my chances of getting good setups

Those two first lines are my version of a hybrid between a BOS line and a supply zone (if you can even call it that) that I make using a stochastic oscillator and fractals and the third line is where my TP is going to be

This is the same zone on a 30M chart, and from what I can see, I can tell you that if I didn’t have those indicators, I wouldn’t have seen anything but there is more to this problem, my strategy also combines crossovers for moving averages AND stochastic oscilator lines, which sometimes results in me having late entries or actually missing entries

I don’t think I’ve ever analyzed a bare chart in my life; the whole strategy relies on indicators and so far, it appears as if this strategy only works on 2 pairs

This is my cry for help. If there is anyone that knows how to trade without indicators, pleas save me because I can watch a video on Youtube about how to trade then the next video I see is about how the strategy is a scam and the person who made it doesn’t know how to trade (true story)

Elementary - School of Pipsology - BabyPips.com finish whole course. Don’t thank you :slight_smile:

Oh
Thank you
Do you think indicators are bad?

no, it depends on how you will use it

Is there a wrong way to use an indicator

yes, for example to much indicators on the chart, some indicators works better than others depends on markets, instruments, some periods works better than others depends on strategy types. There are many factors, why some indicators works good or not.

1 Like

I think that may be my issue; I use too many indicators because the underlying strategy is good but I need 5 different confluences before I enter a trade and 4 of them rely on indicators

I think I’ll start from scratch and see which indicators work best for the trend reversal strategy and won’t delay the entry or even miss entries completely

Thank You For Your Advice :upside_down_face: