I think I'm losing hope, full-time job vs trading

It’s nice to hear from someone that has already survived this situation, I’ll be strong and keep trying!

Thank you, I’ll try my best!

I’m from Italy! I’ll take a look at the thread!

I think it’s best to focus on one strategy until it becomes part of you, I don’t know much though, there are gurus here with better food for thoughts.
You’ll have to do some calculations with this method, like probability of success & failure, expected value, expectancy, occurrence rate too even. Trading is boring when all the noise is cancelled out but it is profitable. You could also work and trade, you don’t have to spend more than 1hour in the market to see if your edge plays out

If you consider the Sydney/Tokyo sessions then this information might be useful:

Top 5 Pairs by Session by Year (2017-2021)

Top 5 Pairs by Session by Quarter for 2021

Edit - The pips represent the change in value from session open to session close. The list may change if you try and account for intra-session pip movements. This is relevant if you’re trading on lower time frames (like scalping).

While relatively low volume being moved compared to the EU and NA sessions there’s significant enough volume being moved still. Some fundamentals that explain this:

• Japan is the 3rd largest economy in the world, large net importer and has been the worlds largest money lender/creditor for the past ~30 years. In the more recent years it’s mostly because of the negative interest rate adopted by the BOJ
  • Australia is a commodities giant. If commodities do well the AUD does well. Large net exporter. Just need to look at it’s trading partners to find out where the potential moves are.
  • New Zealand, positive correlation with commodities but leans heavily toward agricultural products (AU against metals). Also has the most hawkish central bank among the major currencies. It was expected and was the first to raise the interest rate post COVID-19.

Just considering those factors you can understand why there’s a lot of potential for currency movement in the Asian session with risk on/risk off behavior.

1 Like

hi immanomaly, absolutely love your comments. i am trying to establish the break out and re-test strategy. i think the confirmation which you mentioned in the reply is the key. what would you normally use as confirmation to confirm break out and / or re-test? many thanks. f

I had edit my answer out cause it might give the wrong info. If you want to be successful give it your soul and everything in the universe will push the required knowledge to you that is suitable for you for that particular time. You can only have what you can carry, no rush

I honestly think this is why so many new traders burn out and quit. Trying to day trade when they have no time for it, to practice let alone do it live. Focus on what you CAN do and then work around that.

1 Like

Sleep is so so important. Also nutrition. If you’re eating crap, you’ll feel like crap.

2 Likes

i am in the same situation but just keep learning while working and start looking into the funded accounts that will help so you wont be trading with your own capital. once you pass their trading objective the account will become your to trade with which is wat im doing right now…

I too don’t prefer trading breakout as it is difficult to identify the right breakout amid so many false breakouts.
I prefer to use either scalping or swing trading strategies.

2 Likes

Same is the case with me. :+1:

This is the most spread issue among traders. You have to weigh all the pros and cons of your primary job and then do the same with full time trading. Of course - initial thing is money and you should thoroughly count all the risk which are connected with money. I would actually take a vacation or days off in order to devote them to trading and then decide whether I quit the job you I remain at my job and turn trading into a hobby, which would generate small passive income. Here everything is individual an up to every trader, because nobody knows where you work and how you are tired at your work.

1 Like

I like trading as a part time trading because Forex is a very uncertain market due to irregular volatility. It’s hard to forecast the price. Determining uptrend or downtrend is essential for a trader because it directs a trader whether he should take an entry or not.

It’s better to keep your full time job along with trading. This not only gives financial stability but also reduces your stress level as in the back of your mind you know you have something to fall back upon. So you trade with more confidence and with more positivity.

Keeping your full-time job means you can continue to trade the long-term charts without being forced to withdraw capital on which to live. This means your annual profits will grow to the point at which you can give up the job.

Don’t worry that you won’t have time to trade the 5-minute charts and NFP’s live: no beginner should be doing this anyway.

2 Likes

Hey everybody I’ve been struggling with this issue too, i have juss made enough capital to start my trading career but school has me by the balls. I know i’m in high school but living in South Africa is hard especially when you live in Soweto , life becomes more harder when you finish school with no money for tertiary education of which I don’t have the money for. Guys I’m not willing to follow the cycle of poverty so please help me, I beg you.

Hey @ponponwei

How is your venture into vegetarian diet going?
Or are you still eating dead animals? :clap: :rofl:

I think one of the reason s you trade is for the buzz not good

Did I ever say that? Lol. I can’t remember what stuff I’ve written here haha. I can’t live a vegetarian lifestyle. I love bacon and burgers too much lol.