I think I've cracked the code

Hello BP community,

Welcome to my journal! This is both exciting and thrilling as this is my first ever post here in Babypips. I’ve been following this website for about eight years now and this is my first time to post something. I’m taking courage to do this as I believe I’ve cracked the code! Specially in terms of consistency in profit. I’m also a graduate of School of Pipsology, read a lot in the community forum and witnessed many struggles and false hopes. I myself struggled heavily during my eight years trying to learn forex.

THE JOURNEY

My relationship with forex is very much MAKE and BRAKE. I allot time formulating strategies and backtesting it for a time. Demo trade and win. After a couple of weeks I lose and try to tweak or develop new strategy. Demo trade and win. Then lose again after some time. Pretty much like a cycle of doom. Already blew a $2000 live account during the early years. I was so high and excited then. But I’m totally a different person now in my approach I can say.

There where even times when I cursed forex and thought that the whole system was a scam and a syndicated platform to extract cash from everybody for the benefit of the banking industry. Yes, I was that bitter! During those dark years I really hated forex and feel pity for those who fall victim. Anyways it’s 9 out of 10 right? Yeah.

THE GAME CHANGER

But even with this hatred, there’s still a small voice saying “there might be an answer”. I’m a problem solver by nature. I love troubleshooting things. I apply this to my life, my job and to everything. But with forex, I almost gave up. But still I’m hopeful at some point. And so I setup again, upload all the indicators, profile and templates. And start loosing again. It’s OK. I’m ready! I don’t expect much!

Finally it dawned on me, It’s not the system that’s wrong. It’s the expectations!

Wrong expectations can lead us to wrong decisions that will lead us to wrong directions and finally lead us to poverty. So you see, It’s more of a mind game. With the right mindset and perspective we can change things! Come to think of it, there are only two trends that can determine your fate in trading. Up and down. But the question is why most people tend to fall on the losing side rather than the winning side? Expectations. When the trade is in your favor, you expect it to go much further to earn more profit only to see it crashing down in a minute. When the trade is against you, you expect it to turn back in your favor only to see it hitting you stop loss, slowly.

This is just one of the classic examples on how wrong expectations can ruin your game. Not to mention the “get rich quick” expectation circulating everywhere. It improved my game once I became aware of this. But managing expectation is just part of the system that I discovered this year.

THE SYSTEM

The big part of this system was developed by answering “Why are you trading anyways?”. What value you create? Are you in anyway contributing to the economy? If one answer “to make profit” then I can say that that person belongs to the 9 of 10. I even came across in a page where they say “forex is like printing money”. Knowing the system that I have now makes me laugh every time I see comments like this. If your answer to the question of why are you trading is JUST to make profit, then you are not in for a long haul.

You see, forex is a system. It’s VERY organized system build to create economic stability to participating countries and also others who would need help. This is a crucial concept to take and will determine your fate in forex. It is not a GUESSING GAME of UPS and DOWNS. Forex is all about INVESTING. It’s an investing system and if you want to be PART OF THE SYSTEM you need to learn to INVEST. And INVESTING means GIVING before TAKING and not the other way around.

When I see people who hates it when the price to go down every time they enter a trade. I can say that this person won’t last in trading. People with very tight stops or the swing traders (I’m not saying that you can’t profit in a swing but it’s different if you are JUST looking for swing entries) these are the one that don’t last, at least for what I can read, those who only want to take profit and don’t want to invest. Again, you have to GIVE before you TAKE. Forex is a system of GIVING. If you only focus on TAKING then you are not part of the SYSTEM and the system will reject you eventually. But if you are on the GIVING side, the system will reward you for that. So SYSTEM / PROFIT and not PROFIT / SYSTEM. Sounds hard, but true. But if forex can make you a fortune, It might be the hard way.

THE OBJECTIVE

There’s so much to write but not enough space so let me get straight to my point here. I’m creating this journal NOT to teach this system but to encourage many of you that it’s possible to profit consistently! I wan’t this to serve as an inspiration to those who choose to be PART OF THE SYSTEM.

• I will post everyday a review of currencies that I will likely to trade (if there is one) in a day and post the result at the end.

• I will do this for three months and let’s see how this system will perform. I will be posting result from a demo account which I will sync to my live account. I choose not to post my live account for confidentiality purpose since all those money came from my friends and family who trusted me. :wink:

• I will be using FXCM trading station mobile. Yes, mobile! (ask me later why) With an equity of $50,000, 1:1 leverage, and 1 lot every trade.

I’ve seen a lot of people here create journal and eventually fade out. It’s funny that I found myself doing the same thing. But I’m hoping for a different result. :wink: I welcome bob anytime in this thread. :smiley:

Till tomorrow. Good luck to me. :smile:

1 day visited
13m read time
25 posts read
0 given
1 topic created
1 post created
0 received

Yes your date says you have been here since 2011.
Your stats are printed above. SO this seems to be your first visit since the site was renewed at least.

It’ll be interesting to hear what you have to say :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Journal! Oops.

Ok so here we go with the analysis. We are expecting good moves today particularly with AUDJPY and NZDJPY. Majors are also positioning well and just waiting for some confirmations. But ofcourse anything can change.

As you can see AUDJPY already breakout in H1 and it is hinting for a good investment. However I still need some signatures to enter on this deal.

CADJPY is also bullish. However, it has this big adjustment on price. If it was made so that it has room for increase then everything will make sense.

That’s it for now and will post the results of my trade later. :wink:

What Trade ? You haven’t told us about any trade !

Hey @Falstaff! What’s up with your head? Hope you didn’t have a bad trading day! :wink:

Anyways, what do you want me to do? Enter a trade then post it here and explain how indicators work and that my prediction works? If that is what you are expecting in this journal then I’m sorry. Its not gonna happen. :slight_smile: For these reasons:

1. I don’t play guessing game so I don’t trade with trying to know if it’s going up or down. I TRADE ON THE SPOT and I trade based on what the market is giving that is why…

2. I’m using just my mobile phone to trade. I need need this so I can enter and exit anytime, ANYWHERE. And because of this, I don’t have much time to trade and post especially…

3. I’m trading multiple currencies in a day. It will be a pain to post each and every trade.

With these conditions, I can only provide insights of what I believe will be the best trade in a DAY (atleast on my time zone). These insights could be right and wrong and no one could ever know because prices CHANGE EVERYTIME. The goal is to ride that change, hence, being PART OF THE SYSTEM. So for your viewing pleasure, here are my trades for this day. :wink:

As you can see here, I traded AUDJPY and CADJPY which reviewed earlier and it shows to be the biggest winner. Also, there are few losers. The first trades profit so quickly that I thought there are still trades available. And so I got burned. :frowning:

But still I’m on the green side and thats what matters the most. Loser trades are common but with the system they are limited and controlled especially if I don’t get in the way. :smile: Tomorrow is another day.

P.S. There still one losing trade of -30 below which is not shown in the picture.

Here’s an instant replay of the AUDJPY trade.

2 Likes

thanks for starting this up! I definitely will be following

1 Like

I just looked at your AUDJPY trade on my charts - and I have say ;

a) you posted your analysis as close to “Real time” as is reasonable to expect
b) Your exit was good !
c) Your entry was pretty sound IMHO.

So all in all - Sound (good) trade ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Here we go again with our daily analisys! :slight_smile:

As I said yesterday, the majors are positioning well! This is MAYBE because of the ongoing summit between the US and NOK. Particularly USDJPY and NZDUSD. Take a look at the USDJPY below.

The volatility is SO high while I’m writing this and a big move is expected very soon! Buying on USDJPY now is advisable as it already breaks the prices above. Big moves are expected. :wink:

As for the trade yesterday. AUDJPY and CADJPY still persist to increase. We might get a reentry on these soon or they might transefer the fund, depending on what the bankers are discussing behind the scene. Who knows? :smiley:

Till now! Will post the results later.:wink:

It’s definitely that. Historic meetings do affect the forex market.

1 Like

:scream:This day is crazy! Tumultous! Chaotic! Gut smashing! My trades are like a shipwreck in the middle of the ocean with humungous waves coming from allover! But still not a disaster. At least for now. :sweat_smile:

I won’t be able to post the results as most of them are still floating and burning in RED! Yes! This trading day requires huge stop loss. I was mentioning a big move and it make sense to have such big room for reversals. But the big one is yet to come and not today.

However, I already closed some of my trades particularly the ones I reviewed earlier. I was able to get small pips on the USDJPY trade. As shown in the pic below.

The NZDUSD was a loser as it suddenly reversed when I enter. I could have break even hours ago but I choose to give it up quickly as I don’t want to play a guessing game.

During the start of the day the volatily was SO high that I thought a big move is going on only to realize that the move was about to be gone and traders got their shares and I was left with bones! Lucky I got small meat on the AUDJPY trade.

I will be sleeping with trades ALL FLOATING and this needs my management skills. I have to set the STOPS carefully and hope that it will be all green when I wake up. :sweat_smile:

Ok. So before I went to sleep last night I made a last look at my phone to check my trades. But before I even place my stops the market change in direction! So I didn’t hesitate to close all of my trades.

This is the first time I see the market chage 3 times before heading back to its original direction! Crazy! And it hit my equity VERY hard! But Im very positive that my new trades would recover the loss and might even profit a bit. So bring it on Kevin Bacon!

With the market situation yesterday, I learned another important RULE for my trading! And that the most important thing! As the loss can be recovered but lessons when ignored can be gone forever.

After reviewing my trades I realized the the ones I reviewed yesterday the USDJPY and the NZDUSD are NOW going into the analyzed direction!

They just both retraced so DEEP that when during the retracement the overall market change for 3 times! Usually it on change for 1-2 times then go back to its original direction. The thing I noticed is that I exited even when my stop loss was not hit! So you see? It’s me! :sweat_smile:

The beauty of this system ist that even when I mess up I’m still green and on the positive side. Before, this is already a disaster and would eventually completely blow my account! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The big move that I was waiting has just happened.

After facing the 200 MA toe to toe with my system with blood gushing everywhere. I came to realized that the 200 MA is indeed a formidable foe. An opponent to be reckoned with. It’s like a dragon shaking off its fleas! After a 3 days of flesh shattering and bone crushing war, more than half of my hard earned equity vanished into the abyss.

If the price could retrace, so does your account. The secret is to keep moving forward and have faith in your system. Glad I was able scatter some seeds of hope after the dragon went away. For the record, this was not the first time I battled with the 200 MA. I still believe that the beast can be tamed. #RoadToRecovery

The tail of the dragon leaving 200 MA. (The Big Move)

Its a quiet place today. The typhoon is gone. Nobody is home. But life sprouted in CADJPY and this could mean a sign of hope to bullish.

We could be expecting a slow but more tamed market for the rest of the day and probably next week. Let’s make the most out of it to recover what’s lost and prepare before another disaster strikes! :confounded:

Luckily I was able to place more trades before going to rest last night somehow increased the equity. And here are the results.

A snap shot of one of the best moves. This should be the result when the system is thriving.

It’s another week to win! Another week to bring back the glory! :smile:

The market as expected is moving very slowly but steady unlike last week where it moved fast and furious! We could bag some good pips this week.

As for our daily analysis. The GBPJPY seems in a correction mode for the hole day as is tries to retrace before probably hitting low the next days.

Entering long would be a good choice but becareful on the stops as this may change its mind quickly. But I have a strong sense the it would hit around 146.90 before it does so. :wink: