I use Heiken Ashi + Stoch to make 250+ pips a week

That is why I asked him to post one of his trades in detail.

But I am a school teacher accustomed to detail and he may not have the ability to do this.

I figure once he found it profitable, he decided to quit sharing the method, which is unfortunate.

There could be any number of reasons for his absence.

He may even come back!! :slight_smile:

If not then possiblyā€¦

1. He failed at his own strategy and lost all his money - common on this forum.

2. Found too many anomalies and quit.

I very much doubt that he just ran off to make a huge profit.
Most good traders stay here and develop improvements to their strategy!!

If he does not reappear, I may take up this thread at some time (I am very busy on my own Bollinger DNA method - now even on Google!!).

If I take it up, I will teach the correct way to use Heikin Ashi.

[B]For now 2 things should be notedā€¦[/B]

1. Heikin Ashi is best suited to short timeframes.

2. Never use Heikin Ashi as a stand alone method - always use support indicators or naked price action with support/resistance lines.

tymen,

I hope I am wrong, and that the original poster does come back.

I said what I said though because:

1. I have followed this thread for a long time.
  2. The poster soon quit posting after the thread began, never really answering any questions he/she was asked (poor etiquette IMHO, since the original poster didnā€™t mind taking up peopleā€™s time who read the thread, but couldnā€™t be bothered with actual questions).
  3. Each time the thread is updated, anyone following it would know, so if the original poster is knowing that people are posting and asking questions (I asked MONTHS and MONTHS ago and never got a response), then either the original posterdoes not care to clarify, or is not following his/her own thread.

Anyways, I doubt anyone (including myself) have waited solely for this thread to pick up steam. I follow it, am interested, but without the original poster, I will probably do as I do now and concentrate on other things that have proven profitable, on threads/forums where people donā€™t mind answering questions about methods on threads they start. Iā€™m not a mind reader, nor should I have to be.

Regards,

Don

Greetings everyone

I very rarely look at any charts [B]EXCEPT[/B] with the Heiken Ashi option enabled. They are [I]soooo[/I] smooth! I have quite a few ideas/systems which use the Heiken Ashi (HA). The simpliest is this:

Go with the colorā€”when the color changes you exit.

This is far from perfect, but it is indeed very simple.

Allow me to gather my thoughtsā€“this is the first time Iā€™ve seen a thread involving HA, and I certainly wish to participate.

Good trading,

Potaire

Whatā€™s the dealā€”is this thread dead???

Potaire

First post here :smiley:

I was just reading the whole forum. Itā€™s too bad the original poster disappeared without helping us understand better. The thread does seem dead Potaire, but I would like to hear of your recent observations as you mentioned on the 17th :smiley:

Or if itā€™s mostly different than the strategy introduced here, maybe you should start a new thread, but do let me know if you do!

Well, I understand why he never came back. The system is so easy to apply and it really works. Just read and try it. Stop guessing as you can backtest/forwardtest it.

I personnally use a variation of the same system and see the outcomes:

Iā€™m new to the forum so cannot post my MT4 stats page. I will try leaving 5 pertinent posts and I will post the link.

Anyway, You can ask me whatever you want to apply this strategy. Of course, you can make it yours like I do adding your own beloved indicators or tricks (dojis, price action, support/resistance, fibo, etcā€¦)

So basically the strategy uses Heiken Ashi indicator with Stochastics (The original author was not using Bolligner Bands anymore as he said it didnt work for him).

I like Heiken Ashi as I use it successfully in my daily trading and itā€™s simple to find trend direction. I was looking for a way of coupling it with another indicator to detect overbought and oversold levels when I found this thread from Google.

I know I may be missing some pointsā€¦

1. Entry: You go long (BUY) when: (1) Heiken Ashi candles test without breaking the 4th time (2) Stochastics cross below 50

Short position can be deducted from the above statementā€¦tired of typingā€¦ lol

My stats: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world

Hi Stephane,
Are you demo-ing this strategy or trading it live?

The MT4 stats above is for a demo account as Iā€™m testing/improving my own strategy with the Heiken Ashi indicator. You can see that there are no SL.

stephane02,

You see, I make EAs, and so I need specific rules to put into an EA of a proven strategy. If someone wants to provide rules for a proven strategy, then Iā€™ll most likely be willing to make an EA for it. But so far in this thread, not enough has been given regarding settings for indicators used, a template could have been given, and specific rules given. Without those, then trying to make an EA is a futile effort.

Regards,

Don

Hello Stephanie02, I am interested in your method using Heiken Ashi and stochs. Have you simplified the original authorā€™s method? I would appreciate an insight into your developments, if you donā€™t mind. Sounds interesting.
zipster31

Iā€™m actually working on how I can ā€œpersonalizeā€ it. For example, Iā€™m trying to test it with the ADX Cros and Stochastic indicators. It seems to be working fine. But, as I like swing trading my reference timeframe is W1. I have also made an EA which gives me some infos about Heiken Ashi bars on other tf (D1,H4,H1,M30,M15 and M5) for proper entry.

Would be interesting to see how your EA for a correct entry performs. I am worried about the no stop loss issue though. I have never used Heiken Ashi before but am impressed by itā€™s ability to show the trend and can see itā€™s potential to help in judging how long to stay in a trade. This I think would be a great benefit combined with a good system for correct entries with small stop losses. I am confident with the correct entries and small stop losses so would appreciate any help with knowing when to exit the trade using Heinken Ashi. I will show my stats page as soon as I have made enough trades, the stop losses are shown as well.

Hi, stop loss 20 or 40 or even 60 will perform same amount if you manage your account. I also use Heikin Ashi and Iā€™d like to share this strategy with you.

1. Please zoom out 4h tf to see the main direction.
  2. Add Heiken Ashi, William %, EMA 10, EMA 20 and EMA33 into your chart.
  3. In 1H tf , please draw GREEN vertical line when EMA 20 crosses EMA 33 from below to above and vice versa with RED vertical line , EMA20 crosses EMA33 down.
  4. If 4H Bullish, 1H bullish ( because you have Green Vertical Line ) then please go to 15m TF to find an entry signal.
  5. When William % is in the bottom, and Heikin Ashi has change it colours from red to white, you may open BUY. Set your SL for 30 to 40 pips and target must be between 70- 150 pips.
  6. Risk maximum 3% of your capital
    i.e. your capital is $1.000 that means your risk is $30. You must use amount (30x100)/40 = $75 if you use 40 pips SL. If you use 30 pips SL your entry amount must be (30x100)/30=$100.
    If you win the trade with SL 40 pips = $75 x 100 = $75 . or if you lose = $75 x 40% = $30

If you win the trade with SL 30 pips = $100 x 100 = $100. If you lose = $100 x 30% = $30
7. In case you are already floating win 70 pips and the price turns againts you , you have two choices to exit. 1. exit the time Heiken Ashi change it colours to red or 2. exit when EMA 10 crosses EMA 20 down.
In strong trending you will make a lot of pips doing this style.

Many green pips to you man.

1 Like

Cool. The EA I made is not trading. It just tells me when a possible entry point is on. I made it because I sometimes miss some signals being busy on my job. About SL, of course I cannot trade without a SL but I was just try to find a good way to set the SL.

Just buy the crossing of the Stochs MAs (blue) coming from the < 20 area and opposite for selling. If you are an agressive Trader i think you can trade every crossing when the Price action looks in your favour.