I want a FOREX MENTOR ON TECHNICAL ANALYSIS

Just that studying the market and analysis alone makes the whole game boring and tiresome for me. I just need someone with whom i can discuss progress with and also learn with. Thanks y’all for your replies. I appreciate!

according to me , its a complete suggestion for the traders who are particularly newcomers in Forex trading . Thanks

Your right it is boring and tiresome. This is another part of the problem, our instincts want rewards and entertainment in our work me inclusive. This is why there are so few true professionals…keep going it will all unravel in time, don’t let it get you down treat the game as just another brick in the wall so to speak.

1 Like

Try to conduct a research all over google and youtube, that is one of the best way to learn about ForEx

Thanks everyone for your words. Am strengthened by your words and advices!

There is no one better to lean from than yourself!

The most progress I have made and the most I have learned is from when I have kept a trading journal. I am still very new to trading, but keeping a trading journal lets me see my mistakes, especially the ones I make over and over again. It also lets me see where I have been successful. Also, my most successful trades have been the least complicated ones. I was fascinated with indicators when I first started, and I neglected simple trendlines and candlestick patterns. From reviewing my trading journal, I learned that my most successful trades have been using those two simple techniques. I regret not spending more time learning about them in the beginning, so I have take a temporary break from trading, and I am devouring knowledge about candlestick patterns and other trading basics.

It seems that this advice is given time and again in this forum and from other successful traders’ websites:

1. learn how to protect your money with risk management techniques
  2. learn the basics first, and keep your trades simple
  3. keep a trading journal.
  4. start with 1 currency pair while learn so you don’t get overwhelmed
6 Likes

That’s a top posting from themacbryan and one of the best advice I’ve read. I’ve been studying forex trading full time for a couple of months now to the point of obsession and sometimes I go too fast and head into the deep end, only to find myself going back to basics and keeping it simple. Exactly the way you said it , you’re absolutely spot on the money :moneybag:
I urge all new comers to follow this advice and develop your own methods much later on, after you’ve mastered the basics.

2 Likes

[quote=“eddieb, post:9, topic:143674”]

Working on the “80-20 rule”

He should be profitable already :slight_smile:

Hi Vanpitarz, why do you want to trade?

I used to think of someone can mentor me that would be amazing but no one will! People will give you advice but not show you what they have learned through years of trial and error. I would strongly consider doing babypips school of trading it’s amazing, free and really does show you basics to advance. I would expect that you’ll have to read it a few times in you’re trading career, I still do just the other day I saw a chart pattern and was like hmmm seen that before, I had to go back to baby pips school and reread chart patterns again.

Also I would like many have said open a demo account, one that you can change the amount of what you will be putting into a real trading account, read babypips school and come up with a trading plan and never risk more than 1% in a trade, yes your returns will be small with such small trade sizes but who cares your aim is to make your demo account survive and then become profitable eventually. Also I would suggest if you work full time like me and trade on the side to at least demo trade for 2 years or at least until your profitable on your demo account consistently and I don’t mean consistent for two weeks I mean at least 10/12 months profitable would be a good indication your up there to trade real money, but trading real money is a whole new ball game of emotions but that’s for another topic aha

4 Likes

Thanks so much bruh! I just opened a Demo account 2days ago. Am tryna master a strategy. How do i keep in touch? IM Handle?

Just go on my profile and send me a message if you’ve got any questions

Sir , are you a forex Mentor or analysis provider ?

No just a fellow trader , why do you ask ? I just been trading for couple of years and read Baby pips school which really really helps like a lot aha and then it was just down to getting experience, like everything, for instant I’m a plumber/ election it will take years to become the best and I just trade on the side and love it and baby pips is a very good place to be for advice and even the trading Sytems like robopips works well and I’ve changed it little to suit my style of trading because I work in day charts only as I only have half an hour to hour a day to catch up on things and etc.

Democracy’s getting everywhere, these days.

2 Likes

Others would say I’m and heating engineering but I’m not that petty aha I used to be an aerospace engineer that was fun but would rather work harder on the family business than for some other company that doesn’t really care aha lol #deep

Babypips is a popular Forex forum where you will find many experienced traders who will surely help out your issues. If you have any issue related to the technical analysis then you can post it in the relevant forum. I am sure you will find a good outcome for that very soon.

honestly speaking , i never found too much experience traders in baby pips but found lots of advisor.

My experience has been that of taking courses and piecing together stuff. What I found was that each source/book onlu provided 20% to 30% of what was needed to be consistently profitable. This left me with the expensive and stressful task of piecing together the elements of these courses that worked consistently.

Long story short is that after

1. Using then discarding indicators

2. Using then discarding Lower Time Frames

3. Targeting Larger Moves instead of Scalping etc.

4. Entering Demo Contests to try my strategies

5. Constantly refining my strategies

6. Using then discarding Economic Analysis ( ironic since I am an Economist and ex- Central Bank worker)

7. No longer watching my trades…because of the self-sabotaging behaviour it causes

…I have finally found something that I am comfortable with…

…16% since February …target of 14% hit and the target of 30% next in line…

…all of this from 13 trades and just 4 losses…

This video describes the latest trade and summarizes my approach …which again reflects what I am comfortable with that suits my personality…

My point is that its a catch 22 situation.

It would have been nice to have found someone at the start who had put all the pieces together. This would have saved me a lot of money and time.

On the other hand…finding a mentor that is not a scammer can also be frustrating as well.

So it comes down to choosing between the risk of going it on your own for years and hoping you put the right pieces together…or risk involved of finding someone who appears to have what youre looking for and would save you the time…but at the risk of being scammed.

Tricky

Duane
DRFXTRADING

2 Likes

As an example of how to create a strategy. This EURO NZD setup earlier this week was being considered for my Live Account but I had some concerns about it and so I traded it instead in the Dukascopy Trading Contest.

…so both when creating a strategy and when you have doubts about a setup when you are trading Live…Demo Trading Contests can be used to test it.

You can then decide on discarding it or including it.

Duane
DRFXTRADING

2 Likes

Well said, I have such a bed experience on so called Forex mentor; so manual leaning process is the best.