Ichimoku Cloud

Is anyone using the cloud for their trading. I’ve been considering using it and was wondering if anyone here uses it. As well anyone who is using it who has a trade journal or thread.
Thanks
Gp

It is a multi-dimensional indicator designed to offer support and resistance levels, trending, and entry as well as exit points of differing strengths. The main theory responsible for this indicator states that if price action is above the cloud, the overall trend is bullish, and if below the cloud, the overall trend is bearish. There are also moving averages (the Tenkan and Kijun lines) which act like the MACD crossover signals with the Tenkan crossing from underneath the Kijun as a bullish signal, while crossing overhead giving a bearish signal. It is extensively known as the Inchimoku Cloud also the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo Chart .It is popularly used in Japanese trading rooms, Ichimoku is often applied to decern the trend for a pair and detect trend breakouts. It is decent during range bound markets and like most indicators performance often improves when used over longer time frames.It is a nice, with nice charts. Goodluck.

Thank you very accurate description.
Gp

Thought of your thread when I saw this trader on MeetPips.

naomi’s Channel | MeetPips.com

Yes, i have been using this in my trading and its already well explained by Forex light, just like stated Cloud has two parts A and B, A means up, B twist means down and most of the times when the prices move too far away from the cloud, its been pulled like magnet in H4 - from my observation. :slight_smile:

A good thing of ichimoku is that if you stick to the rules it keeps you patient…any suggestions of trading it with smaller timeframes such as 30 or 15 min?

It’s like most indicators the larger the time frame the better the info. I tested it on shorter time frames in my case it doesn’t work as well as some other options I use at the lower time frames. I think the cloud is more for trending rather than ranging or sideways makets and swing traders more than scalpers/day.

It looks complicated but it’s not. Once you do a few it is actually quite easy to understand and gives you a entire picture at a glance. I may use it for a verification along with some other templates, but like I said I don’t think it will work on short time frames and that’s where I trade.

Here’s a utube link for anyone learning about ichimoko cloud Ichimoku Basics for the beginner - YouTube, this trader posts a lot of cloud video’s so anyone interested in using the cloud should check him out

1 Like

Ok, than it’s the same experience as i had with smaller timeframes, many false signals…as it’s a trend following indicator it’s much better for swing trading…
just thought that maybe somebody found a way to use it on smaller TFs too…

had this video for awhile just refreshed my memory today very informative, must watch

IchimokuWiki.pdf (466.4 KB) this pdfis great to

This came up on a my ichimoku search. Might be helpful to you.

I recommend mastering ichimoku.

I just started trading the Ichimoku system and it works great. At least so far. Don’t forget to use the Chikou line!