Ichimoku Kinko Hyo

Here is my take on this, hope it helps!
4H Chart.
Pair have been in a long downtrend as signified by the downward slope with the kumo to the right providing resistance to the price rising through it.
With tenkan sen following price and kijun sen between tenkan sen & kumo (bearish) indicates a good short position.
When price begins to move up through the kumo, trend is changing to up.
As price emerges from kumo, tenkan sen crosses kijun sen from below and under kumo to be below price with kijun sen lower than both lending support to price on upward momentum. Chikou span is within kumo which is neutral, had chikou been above kumo, this would have added further strength to bullish position.
However, trend lasts about 125 pips profit (nice) if long at 1.3525 and closed at 1.3650, then price turns back down towards kumo, giving a nice short position of about the same profit.
If price bounces off kumo as time goes on (advisable to be out of position at this point), as indicated by long tails touching kumo, then kumo to the right provides support to up trend (resistance to price breaking below) as trend continues up. However, price may carry on below kumo to continue down trend. Do not trade while price is within the kumo, wait for it to emerge on either side and confirm with other TF’s before entering another trade. If price bounces back up from kumo, then OK to take another long to the next swing high etc.

Nech0701, sorry for the late response, but I am not getting any e-mail alerts. If a moderator is reading this thread, I’m hoping he can tell me what is going on.

Your question answers the exactly why I do not use just one TF. I posted a chart of the daily which gives a better answer of future price direction. The 4-hour is basically in a state of equilibrium, and for the reasons you stated. When markets are in this state, they present no trading opportunities. Also, trading opportunities are present when there is a confluence of indications, and the nice thing about the ichimoku is that it being a 5-in-1 indicator makes it confluential.
A look at the daily shows the pair has already been in a downtrend. There is no sign of a reversal in momentum. It hit the kijun, which means that circa area is a sign of a reversal. Additional confirmation is produced when the candles finally break under the 4-hour cloud.

Another thing about ichimoku is that it is a trend indicator. When it shows the market as sideways, stay out.

Ichimoku is by far the best and cleanest indicator to use, and when combined with others(one screen Ichimoku other MA crossovers for example), it shows much cleaner entry points when you know how to read them