Ichimoku Kinko Hyo

GBPJPY

here is an example of the cloud providing support

The Ichimoku system is based to a large degree on support and resistance…

Here the price reached the support level at the top of the cloud and started to reverse…

I find it beneficial to pay close attention to more than one time frame in order to see the different levels of S&R

Hi Blaiserboy,
I haven’t been following this thread in a long time so I was curious when you posted. I apologize if you’ve already mentioned this: when do you pull the trigger on H1 charts. I see you use the OSMA which I like myself. Can you talk about this? Again, sorry if you’ve already been through this.
didj

I like to watch more than one time frame and attempt to enter just below or just above the cloud on a lower time frame…

I also like to watch S & R which I draw on the chart using the higher time frames… ie use the bumps in the 26 day offset (green moving average) and work fropm monthly to 240 minute…

Using support and resistance and the cloud seems, for me, to be very straight forward…

I am not sure if I answered you properly or not…

USDJPY weekly

This pair could well be worth watching based on the double bottom on the weekly chart.

USDJPY daily

It will be interesting to see which way this one breaks… the double bottom on the weekly would seem to indicate that we will see this turn bullish…

For the present, the daily chart is in a range with both Tenkan and Kijun being flat.

Someone wanting to trade this one will have to use a lower time frame, at least until there is clarification on this daily chart.

The attached document is an interesting weekly Ichimoku analysis. Hope we will get more. :slight_smile:

Thread is dead?

It seems so…but the method definietly not. Silence here means this old system works, no need to talk :slight_smile:

Hey guys, newbie over here, i have been trading about 6 months, and now in the breakeven level: I trade using micro lot size

So its like i am going nowhere using ichimoku but yet it is reliable compairing with other indicators

My trading would be like this:

Always look for CFTC report data, and do some ploting of chart
Look out for Economic Indicator USD EURO CAD CHF NZD JPY GBP only
Trading with Four Hours time frame, confirm with the daily time frame and weekly time frame for the trend
Always look for Tenkan-kijun Cross, then kijun Cross, then Kumo Breakout, then Kumo switch and Chikou Span Cross
Place the pivot point
Place the fibonacci point for the entry

The Flaw is that i only trade in front of my computer like 1-2 hours only. I cannot observe full time, so thats why i missed the crosses. Last night i trade USD and CAD pair, and i lose even though the chart showing the curent price is below the Kumo, which i believe is bear environment, when the price hit the retracement fibonacci level it does not bounce back but cross above the freaking Kumo, which i admit, this is a losing trade, but my emotion takes in to fight again the trend by consistenly place sell oder at the peak of the candle shadow, but futile. My best guess is that i ignore the indicator suck as CPI and i’ve been whacked mercilessly. Too sad

Is there any way that i can enhance my trading strategies?
Do you guys always trade in front of computer? how long?
For the entry order, what is the stop loss you guys placed? 5pips loss or 10 pips loss? or based on your risk appetite percentage 3%?
Recently addicted to leverage, i begin to trade 2 to 3 lots together in 1 order, should i do that?
Should we consider using multiple time frame? Whats the purpose? Or single timeframe wont tell us everything right?

Hope you guys can give me a little bit guidance, thank you

Hi nech0701, hope you are still with this thread!

If there is anyone looking at this thread these days, I am a newbie to forex trading and joined this forum last night. I will start by simply posting my findings on Ichimoku.

I have just started trading with my hard earned after practising for a short while on a practice account, so I will be placing small trades until I get more confident with both trading and Ichimoku.

I have traded recently on the 5/10 min chart using Ichimoku with macd and double bollinger bands as backup and comparison.

I managed to build up £60 credit (sorry, I’m in the UK) on small trades using GBP/USD, which was blown away on Monday but have made half back today!

I have traded as best I presently can with the little trend and found Ichimoku fine until you guys began in the US, when BAM all my thoughts on the next trade went barmy due to high volatility! when I abandoned Ichimoku in favor of bollingers.

I will continue with Ichimoku as I believe it has much to offer.

best of luck all.

i have a question to ask:

I spotted there is a bull cross of tenkan and kijun cross, and the cross happened above the cloud. Chikou span is above the cloud but still unable to cross the historical price curve. So should we wait for the chikou span to cross above the price curve or we can directly enter the market as long as the chikou span is above the cloud.

Normally now my confirmation is like as per below:

Try to spot whatever the tenkan-kijun cross, and enter only chikou span break through cloud to enter the position.

And other than that, my confusion was that should we use price curve for the chikou span cross confirmation, or using cloud for the confirmation. Like the example above, the cross happened above cloud, chikou span is above cloud, but the only thing is that chikou span didnt break through the price curve, any suggestion or correction to be made?

I think these are all excellent bullish signs when the cross and span is above the cloud. Not seeing a chart of the currency pair and TF I would have to say look at the trending or consolidation of the Kumo cloud, does it have flat S/R levels? If so it could bounce back down below the cloud.

My advice is to use atleast one or two more TF’s in your decision making process. Which TF are you trading on? 15min? Try consulting the 1 and 4 hour charts as well. Wait till the price, CS are above the cloud on all three TF’s and then I would buy.

I agree with EmptyEternity. I am just learning Ichikumo and have found this site which gives a free beginner’s e-book, have a look as it will explain things a little better for simple entry points.

ichimokuworld.com

I suggest using a demo account while testing though, as I had to bail out of an Ichikumo trade the other day and resort to standard methods. I was using 15 minute chart (not recommended for Ichikumo as it is best for long trending trades).

I wanted to add this chart to add a perspective to the ichimoku. I just shared it on my blog, then noticed this thread. I’ve been using the ichimoku for 4 years, and have been doing exceptional with it, along with the totality of my methodology.

I entered on my live account at 1.2323, and am expecting the drop to continue for most of this week. The reason is the candle is perched very high above the cloud. Don’t forget that the cloud represents equilibrium, so there is always a natural gravitational pull back to it. The idea is to know how long this will take, and where it will stop. This is where using the time element of the cloud becomes so valuable. Each vertical line represents one candle. I’m also aware that a correction does not happen as quick as the trend itself. Seeing this is only a correction, the 4-hour cloud (In this case.) will contain the drop. As I look for a confluence of events it fits perfectly as the star, which is about 40 hours from this post around 1.2032. I am not planning on riding my trade all that way, but I do expect another triple digit-pip intra- week. It’s the kind of stuff you can make a very good living at.
BTW, if price action hits 1.2032, I’m planning on taking the trip north.
Also, where I spotted the reversal could have been confirmed with hitting the bottom of the daily cloud, but there were some other factors that had nothing to do with the ichimoku, and I won’t sidetrack this thread with that.
This also confirms what EE said about using a confluence of different TF’s.

Thanks for the info 4x, it’s nice to know someone is actually using this system to some good.

Just to clarify my perspective of IKH…

When price, Tekan san, Kijun san & Chikou span are all in the kumo we have equilibrium.

Also a trade is possible as price emerges from kumo in 3 time frames for instance 4H, 1H, 15M all showing same pattern as follows.

for long positions
price & tenkan san above kijun san and all above kumo along with chikou span, and if tenkan san crosses kijun san from below but crosses above kumo, this strengthens long position. Reverse for short position.

Using 15M TF for trigger, SL set at price below kumo and adjust frequently to follow price/time but remaining below kumo until price eventually returns to kumo and stops out at equilibrium or until manually close position.

Do we use 15M TF for all SL movements and closures?

Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

First i was using just a single time frame, which makes me frustrate a lot. I am using 4 hours as my time frame.

Now i am pretty sure that, as long as the tenkan and kijun cross, we need to confirm with chikou span as the confirmation (above/below) cloud to enter the position.

Now my new question is that Kumo related questions. We always use the Kumo to act as the support and resistance area for the trend. As we know that senkou span A and Senkou span B is shifted 26 periods forward of the price action. The thicker the cloud is, the greater the support or resistance are.

Now the dumb question unfolded, i often confuse of which cloud should be used?
So please correct me as i go on.

The cloud that parallel with the price action would be acted as the support and resistance.

The thickness of the cloud that parallel with the price action would determine the strength of the support and resistance zone.

But the stupid me is that, how about the cloud formed 26 period forwards? And what is the difference between the cloud which parallel with the price action (the left side) and the cloud shifted forward to the right side? which cloud of thickness should i take consider? the left side or the right side.

Lastly,if i confuse any one of you guy, i am sorry for my wording. and i tried my best in explaining without graphical image

For the different time frame wise, i guess i really need to work on it.

I posted a pic of the USD/CAD. Personally, I use all the TF’s, and use the most dominant one for my entries. This daily chart is showing the TK combo above the cloud, while the price is under it. Other indicators are showing this area looks ideal to go long. The 4-hour is showing upside containment should be circa .9740, which is also the kijun on this daily.

My opinion is if you are using just one TF, then that is part of the problem. Look at the chart in my previous post. It is the daily that says come and get your long pips. There is no indication for a sound entry on the 4-hour.

The currrent cloud gives a current indication of S or R. As projected into the future it gives an indication of price action in the future. Notice the kijun being level with the cloud into the future. That is naother excellent indicxation for R in the future, but also, if you are in the trade, be ready to adjust in accordance with price actions and the dynamics of the cloud.

Also, keep an eye on the other TF’s, because they will act as a confluence for confirmation. As an example, the 4-hour has no real bias, but with the daily showing a reversal pattern, it is hwoing a very good possiblity of a rise above the 4-hour, which means an even stronger confirmation for the bulls.

In essnence, it is the total landscape you want to evaluate.

Okay let say the price is now above the Kumo.

Shift your view to the rightest Kumo(shifted forward 26 periods of current price action) senkou span A is above senkou span B.
and the cloud is thick

then the chikou span (which is 26 periods shifted backward of current closing price action) is below the Kumo on the left side,

So how should we comment this sentiment? Bearish or Bullish?

As i am the new member i couldnt post the picture, and annoyed me very much. The chart i am talking was GBP/CHF pair on the candle bar of July 5th 1300, on 4 hour time frame.