Not time frame
So keep the same settings regardless of the time frame

Hope this helps

Kind regards
Chris

ichimoku is the :(worst indi for me

Hi Chris (2ndskiesforex)

Iā€™ve doubt on IKH.
In IKH D1 Time frame, the trend is down trend. , but in H4 the trend is uptrend.
Which trend we need to follow?

Tenken cross Kijun below the cloud at we know it is a weak signal. But if we wait the candle close above the cloud, does it mean is a strong signal? Confirmed with Chikou line is above candle.

The problem is after the candle close above cloud, then the candle reverse back and give us a false signal. How to avoid this? Use Chikou Line?

One of the book suggest us do not trade in the thick cloud, may i know the reason?
Iā€™m not sure what book it is.

Will you jump into the trade where the candle (up trend) far away from Kijun Line?

Chris, I know you are a professional trader and i know you via your website few months ago.
Itā€™s surprise for me to see you over here.

Hope you can answer me for those questions.

Thank You,
Regards,
tonyshieh

Hello Tony,

I apologize for the delay as I was moving internationally over the last two weeks, but am back in full stride now.

In regards to your question about which trend to follow, the daily is to give you the overall trend, while the 4hr ideally is aligned with the daily trend. If its not, and the daily trend is strong, then you have to consider you are taking a counter-trend trade and understand from an ichimoku perspective how to gauge that strength.

In terms of the tenkan and kijun cross, if the cross is an upward cross below the cloud, its still a weak signal regardless of the candle close. The strength of the signal is dependent upon where the Tenkan and Kijun cross, not the candle per se. But, you have to learn how to read the chikou span as well as that will provide information about this as well.

As to what the one book suggests, I cannot comment on that as I donā€™t know what book it is, nor the authors reasoning or system. I have my own methods for trading ichimoku and thick clouds which can be used to ones advantage if they know how to read them.

But hopefully this gives you some ideas.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,

I think this is what you have wrote in previous article.
If the tenkan upward cross kijun below the cloud, we shouldnā€™t trade until it breaks the cloud. If price breaks above Kumo we can open a BUY trade. Am I right?

Can you please advice with this candle on the left side? The chart never show Tenkan and Kijun line, but i believe it upward cross. The candle break the cloud and it fall back. If based on IKH,
ā€œIf the tenkan upward cross kijun below the cloud, we shouldnā€™t trade until it breaks the cloud. If price breaks above Kumo we can open a BUY tradeā€. Can we avoid this happen?

http://ichi-mo-ku.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Screen-Shot-2012-02-12-at-19.59.19.png

ā€“
Thank You,
Best Regards,
TonyShieh

Hello Tony,

In this chart, I am not seeing the tenkan, kijun or chikou, so please resend it with all the elements so I can inspect it properly from an ichimoku perspective.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Does nobody trade the cloud anymore?

I am currently using it, I think it has potential but I think using another indi maybe to help

I think itā€™s quite a good indi.
Currently using it on 4H with goods results this month. Having said this month has been kind to trend traders

How you getting on still using the indicator

If you are interesting in trading ichimoku, then leave me a PM. I can point you in direaction of a huge archive and relevant up-to-date forum

Plz post the links here so that it is useful for everyoneā€¦

Interested in ichimoku. Can you help

hihih cool (y)

but, i cant use ichimoku. i like use SNR. but SNR give our high probability guys :slight_smile:

Hiā€¦currency_tunes
I know this is crazy ideaā€¦and test. I did several experiments with your guide line inā€¦15 min time frame. Used all forex pairs, MT4 platform, CloseAll ā€˜EAā€™, New York sessionā€¦result is amazingā€¦its quite possible.
1000$ demo account,0.5 lots, no SL, TP ā€¦hi hi coolā€¦I know this is crazy, but it worksā€¦it quite possible 20-30$ within 30 -60 minutes period and later adjusted the ā€˜EAā€™ take profit to 50$ also.Perfectly workedā€¦ Just applied your Technic blindly where there all conditions TRUE in all the currency pair and then ā€˜EAā€™ā€¦planning to apply my Live Account soon.
regards
Channa

Hey buddy

Thank you for uodating me with your results.
So, you exit oj 15 min chart when you reach 30 pips profit or when tenkan sen croases back into kijun sen. Right?
Its been more than 10 years since I shared this system.
And I still use ichimoku :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi,
I used to watch videos from the author of this Ichimoku world, heā€™s name is Gabor Kovacs and suddenly heā€™s just gone was very good videos well explain if you find it will be nice to share with everyone.

Seems to be a little bit complicated, but still interesting. I think many traders will find it useful. You have done really a great and well promising work.

EURCHF Sell stop 1.0508. If done, stop loss at 1.0552. 1st target 1.0490. 2nd target 1.0410
Using this strategy.

Glad ita working on 15min chart as well!