If a broker is regulated , it means its totally fine to deposit and start?

leave the “every trader has a different need” part , my question is it safe to put your money in a regulated broker such as Roboforex , Alpari , FXTM , Amarkets??? or there’s no way u can trust offshore brokers , cuz i mean there has to be a difference between a broker that is regulated in somewhere like UK or USA and a broker that is regulated in somewhere like Cyprus or Saint Vincent…

If you want to be safe it’s best to look for a tier one regulated broker, who could also offer tier two/three regulation elsewhere in the world. I trade with IC Markets, FP markets, Pepperstone - all Aus protected, and should be safe as all client money is held in Aus/UK banks, not in their brokerage company.

For what it’s worth aim also to ensure they offer negative balance protection, which means the most you can lose is your capital - which also needs margin protection to keep losses to the minimum, otherwise it’s not a great protection at all.

In other words they should confirm that they aim to close your trades at the price level when your margin is exceeded. Albeit a black swan event could still cause you losses until the trade closure is accepted by the market.

IMO, only keep an account balance at a level that you are comfortable with, and make withdrawals when exceeded. A 50k balance with any one broker should be ample for most traders.

I think regulation is not enough. You have to research properly about that broker before selecting it.