If a recession does come, how will it affect your daily life?

I realize the mood is a bit doom and gloomy with the question on recession and also talks about the ridiculously high cost of gas.

BUT in case prices do keep going up and we end up in a global recession, how will this affect your life? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Miniscule.

I can already feel it tbh. :confused: I’d probably just stay at home and uninstall all the food delivery apps in an effort to save money. :sweat: Grocery shopping wouldn’t be as fun, either. :frowning:

That’s great! :pray: I also wish I could say that. :open_mouth: Would you say this is something you’ve prepared for?

Thing is I live a simple life with enough income to support my needs. A minimalist man.

1 Like

Yeah food delivery services are definitely a big expense especially here since tips are also a good % of the cost of eating out or getting delivery.

My daughter uses all those food delivery apps and it drives me mad. I keep telling her - just walk to the shops !!

1 Like

I’d prefer to see an Alien invasion

I reckon it’s only a matter of time…

The BBC will still be talking about energy prices as the priority like when we get abit of snow

It will affect all aspects of everyone’s life .
I have a stove for my sitting room so when I see value for timber or peat briquettes I buy them .
Luckily I live out the country so I can store them and have done this for years a real saver on heating .

Oof sounds v expensive. Could be worth it though if it saves her a lot of time that she can use to make more $$$…

For me, I am facing more than a recession. Because I exist in a country which is the aggressor, I am on the receiving end of the full brunt of sanctions. I am beginning to feel the pinch. It is getting harder to find jobs, wages are shrinking, some of my favourite products are disappearing, all international payment systems are blocked so I can’t sell software. I am well aware that things will only get worse and for a long time, so I have no choice but to move on, save up enough to move somewhere else before things become.too difficult.

Where are you thinking of moving? So sorry to hear about your country’s situation… I’m glad you still sound optimisitc.

Well, there is an opportunity for me to move, then live and work in Sweden. I might as well earn enough while there to go to university there. Or I might earn some more for a little longer and go to an IT college in Canada, where my relatives are.

3 Likes

Cool! I’ve been to Toronto once. Loved it. And Sweden sounds like a great place to be, from what I’ve read.

I don’t understand airplane tickets right now. They’re double and triple what I thought they would be. Will those go up or down in a recession?

Rarely do you even know if you are in a recession when going through it. We have already had a bad GBP print one more equals a recession. We are literally going through a slump as we speak. You’ll look back in 2 years and think yeah that was kinda a recession. Similar to 2018. Just think only 2 of the last 12 recessions resulted in housing contracting at all.

I read somewhere that by the time people officially call it a recession, that’s when it’s already over and about to recover. Perhaps the sooner they announce this, the sooner it will recover? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey @ponponwei, This ??recession is different to the others. I wouldn’t try to second guess it. Russia acting crazy, oil acting crazy, food prices apocolyptic (according to governor of bank of england) and now metals diving cos of China being zero-covid. This is a very man-made problem, rather than bankers screwing up. Don’t know where it’ll take us…

Right. It’s like all of the factors that could go wrong have gone wrong. The supply chain problems, I’m not sure how the world expects that to get resolved with Russia/Ukraine conflict and the pandemic going on. There might as well be a crazy natural disaster to top it all off.