If I use free demo product in demo platforms of broker, does they have same functionality of live? do the live data exactly same as live or it can be fake live data or with latency?

Hiya,

If I use free demo product in demo platforms of broker, does they have same functionality of live? do the live data exactly same as live or it can be fake live data or with latency?

I heard from someone he place position in demo and live platform of same broker, same position size, same place, same time, same currency pair, but in demo she win but in live she loses!?!! How this can possible?

If so, then can I trust demo technical analysis app in the demo platform of broker to do analysis and place position on live account of broker that, they don’t offer these technical analysis applications? How can I prevent problem above? what can I do to prevent this kind of problems in general? What technical analysis application do you suggest to help me find out charts better? And give me possible forecast for placing position?

Thnx
:four_leaf_clover:

Hi campione,

I can’t speak for other brokers, but with FXCM the demo uses the same platform as live accounts. The demo also uses the same live market prices that our live accounts receive. This allows you to learn platform functionality and test your strategy using live market prices but without risking real money.

Where the demo will differ from the live account is in being able to replicate order execution in the market. Orders in the real market are subject to being filled dependent on liquidity and therefore positive or negative slippage can occur. Demo orders are not sent to the market for execution therefore slippage cannot be replicated.

Jason

1 Like

Hiya @Jason_Rogers,

Thnx!

1. May I ask is there any delay in your demo live data feed? how many milliseconds?
  2. May I ask other than Slippage, what else is different? only Slippage?
  3. Do you offer Autochartist in demo? how many millisecond there is delay in Autochartist demo data feed in your demo?
  4. Do you data feed Autochartist or its coming from Autochartist own data feeds?

{Financial Spread Betting section questions}
5) Do you offer Financial Spread Betting for UK?
6) Is the Financial Spread Betting Data feed in your platform is the same as Spot Forex live data feeds you offering? e.g. If I find ANY candle in ANY time-frame, is the open/high/low/close price of that candle match the same candle in Spot Forex data feed you offering? If NOT how can I understand that I’ve treated fairly. I want logical answer that can assure me to this. Are you able to explain in details please? If BROKER-X have its own internal Data/Price feeds, so they can play with price and as my loss in financial spread betting is the brokers profit. Could you give me logical answer that how I can assure about this and enter the Financial Spread Betting with your company, if you are offering this? Its a question for me, if you want answer in general or about your own broker company please. Thnx.

Thnx :slight_smile: :four_leaf_clover: