If you could only trade ONE pair for the rest of 2020, what would it be and why?

Here is a “sort of” XAU/USD. With no leverage

A sort of “live learning exercise” for me. I figured the risk/reward was pretty compelling, and needed to know how to shift Crypto around the world from a practical point of view.

I would trade GBPUSD because I live in a country where our time is same as that in London and also I love this pair because it is always trending.

1 Like

@ponponwei
Yeah - EUR/USD would be my favourite currency pair.
The DAX has been behaving rather badly over the past couple of days for my day trading trend strategy, However, I see it’s been quite remarkable over the Asian session but the spreads get a bit high over night here in the UK. Perhaps I could become a night trader and pay the extra spread as an entrance fee to the Asian Trading Club ? :wink:

@ponponwei
Woah spoke too soon ! 10am Dax tanking ! :rofl:

Missed it. I think it’s going to lunch !

What did you end up doing? :open_mouth: With DAX I mean! EURUSD been on a tear! Not sure where it’s headed now though.

I didn’t trade again that day, as I had missed the morning rush !
Sometimes, when you miss things you just have to say that there will be another time and sit on your hands.
The end of last week (last week in July) was good on DAX).
Yeah the EURUSD has been on a tear alright !
Hope you are doing well with EURUSD - :grinning:

2 Likes

Times like this, I think I’m just greedy concentrating on the DAX at the expense of the EURUSD :wink:

1 Like

I think that would be USDJPY. I fully understand this pair.

Only DAX -
dachs-ueberfahren
daytrading/scalping DAX is like driving a Formula 1 Racing car. Low spreads, high volatility on small time frames, large overnight gaps for gap- speculations. The badger hoovered me since corona-trading in the profit zone. But he can bite and scratch as well- if you don’t treat him carefully, he will punish you .

1 Like

Absolutely !

@ponponwei

ponponwei - Have a look at the DAX what happened today after London open, on 5min chart all day. Just put an 8EMA and 20SMA .
Now that’s good DAX behaviour :sunglasses:

P.S
If you put the Daily Pivot point on, you can even see where it goes for tea breaks :wink:

1 Like

Oh my, I’m new to Daily Pivots but wow that is fascinating!

GBP USD. Have always traded on them, my calculations and estimations have been more accurate than less, so I would continue trading them.

How long have you been trading cable? :slight_smile:

GBP/JPY is my favorite pair to trade every year, because it’s volatile, but with long-term trends that are tradeable.

2 Likes

Wow lots of pound traders here! Been trading mostly EUR pairs recently. :slight_smile:

USD/JPY. It’s been going as per my estimations so far, so that’s what I would go with.

I think it is XAUUSD. The year of 2020 must be one of the best years for Gold because trends and pullbacks are especially pronounced and more predictable. Gold benefits in times of turmoil and this says it all.

2 Likes

Sounds great but I can’t afford to trade that. :sob: