If you die poor, is it all your fault?

I don’t know that rich people are in any way less likely to help others. And I don’t accept the suggestion that rich people are inherently more greedy than poor people. Its down to individual character.

Of course its wrong to say rich people are “inherently” greedy. But everyone has their own perception and experience and will usually talk based on their experience.
Personally, there are two classes of wealth: inhereted and self made. Right, everyone is different, there will be those who have inhereted wealth and are not greedy, likewise with self made wealth. There are also many, many people who have inhereted wealth and don’t know what “struggling” and “poverty” is. Many of them can’t relate to the people on the streets, even their colleagues in low-earning positions. To them, struggling is still having R5000 in the bank account 5 days before pay day. Similarly there are people who have struggled and became wealthy - although they have an understanding of what it means to struggle, the thought of their struggle turns them greedy. So its a stalemate in a way.

But my personal experience and location has shown me that there is more greed in inhereted wealth than self made wealth.

Your conclusion is biased. You say there is more greed in inherited wealth than self-made wealth. The underlying assumption is that there is more greed in wealth than poverty. If that assumption was wrong we’d be talking about greed in environmentally-caused poverty or in self-inflicted poverty but we’re not.

In fact, there are as many greedy poor people as greedy rich people. That’s just people being people. The thing is, people don’t succeed in getting out of poverty because they are greedy. Some rich people become poor simply because they are so greedy. There isn’t a proper direct relationship between the two - greed and finances.

1 Like

In any case, we would need statistics to acknowledge that there is as many greedy rich people as poor people, just like we would need statistics to say there is more greed in inherited wealth then there is self made wealth. Unfortunately I have not come across such statistics, therefore my biased opinion is based on experience and perception, I do not speak for people who I don’t know, I should have been more clear in the beginning, apologies, I’m talking about the people I have met and come to know.

Exactly, I also can’t agree with this , we all are same the main difference between rich and poor is attitude.

1 Like

Good point taken. I don’t know what exactly opportunity is in babypips term but for me, opportunity means growth. It does not matter if one’s from poor or rich.
If we take trading as an example:

Rich: $50k initial deposit = overall gain 10% in 1 month, not really consistent.
Poor: $300 initial deposit = overall gain 15% in 1 month, very good consistent.

We know who is rich from these two.
Moreover, what opportunity is there for rich people (in world) if they are going to live in grave/heaven/hell? Talk to old rich people if they have lived a perfect life, even Hollywood stars. They get all they want but missing the basic needs like peace, joy (permanent one), gratefulness, etc, especially purest love which they cannot get opportunities easily.
Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Another friend of mine who is from very poor family, luckily he got a job as an account work in small school. He worked there diligently for some years and his salary has jumped to $600 monthly (which is not huge to you but huge growth to them, he have a huge happiness than I used to have).

It’s unfair for me to say they have equal opportunities as world is not treating fair, sometimes. But our views are opposite of Creator’s perspective. And I’ve seen live examples very well. Shared two of them here. They were depressed but now the happiest people alive.

1 Like

Meritocracy, there are many ways to get out of poorness.

1. Get as many jobs as you can and get out of debt.
  2. Join an MLM company and learn how to sell.
  3. Do forex.
1 Like

Earning money is directly proportional to the hard work and persistence. You need to choose a vendor for you and then capitalize it in order to grow that small business. You will get to know that every large corporation was once a smaller one. Learn from them!

A good way to ensure your family remains poor or gets poorer in a developed country is to make bad life choices - incomplete education, single-parent families, criminal activity, unemployment. The harsh reality is that many poor people in the west make choices that keep them poor.

and there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, and desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; and in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
Luke 16:20‭-‬25 KJVA
https://bible.com/bible/546/luk.16.20-25.KJVA

There are many people who work very very hard and still remain poor. At the end of the day, there are circumstances beyond your control.

All you can do is try.

1 Like

there is some truth in that. But at the end of the day the “Try” word is giving yourself permission to FAIL !

NO failure is NOT an option - INsist in your head that you WILL succeed - forget “luck” and other excuses. It may not be as a trader, BUT sooner or later, the man who wins - is the man who “Thinks he will”

1 Like

For sure, can’t argue with that.

You need to have a positive mindset, otherwise you are setting yourself up for failure.

The irony is, a positive mindset and believing it will happen, can get you thru 80 years of life, whilst remaining poor.

You’re right of course - you can’t just ‘believe it’ - you Have to work at it ! - You need to have a real plan - “Passive income” - plus “active income” = wealth.

Indeed, anyone that works towards passive income streams is a very smart person.

1 Like

Yes, true. Nobody ever went from being poor to being rich by working for someone else.

But working hard means you should be better off than not working. Plus its always easier to get a better job when you’re already in a job.

I’ll just explain to the poor, limbless, uneducated, Indian street beggar that its his own fault that he’s been poor all his life and that he needs to adopt this attitude to get out of poverty

Not easy as it sounds but entirely possible. Recently I read about India Prime Minister, Modi, he lived a life as a tea seller. (Sharing from wiki…)

Teacher described him as an average student and a keen debater, with interest in theatre. Modi had an early gift for rhetoric in debates, and his teachers and students noted this. Modi preferred playing larger-than-life characters in theatrical productions, which has influenced his political image.

It’s all about talent and hard-work that I can conclude with.
It’s worthless to focus to get out of poverty because it always fail, but what matters is to focus on their capabilities.

Ok - you do have a point there - :sunglasses: