If You Won 50 Million in the Lottery Would you Still Trade Forex?

I don’t take forex trading as a burden so as I feel interest in forex trading, I think I will continue trading.

Oh, kinda difficult question to answer, but I’d rather say yes than no. Everything is because forex trading for me is more than the opportunity to earn money =) First of it’s a pleasant pastime, and invaluable knowledge I can get about financial sphere. Only then it comes to profits.
For sure, profits are important, but if I get 50 mln. dollars, then I’d reinvest the biggest slice of this sum back. Thus I can get an opportunity to earn even more and increase the margin till’ the sum which I can operate even without leverages.

I’m curious if you continue to trade after losing this much money?

I’d still trade forex. It’s not just about the money; it’s the passion, challenge, and thrill of the game!

I’d put most/all of it into a diversified portfolio of investments, mostly mutual funds likely. Assuming an average growth of 6% (matching typical market growth), that’s $3 mil. Take away 3.5% to account for inflation, leaving $1.25 mil, cut that in half to use for taxes and “modest” living expenses, leaving me with $625k to dump into my trading account. I’d continue doing that until that annual addition to the trading account was now peanuts.

At least that’s the idea. Of course, I’d have to play the lotto first.

But the true bottom line, I wouldn’t want to win. Sudden wealth like that almost always leads to ruin because you didn’t build it gradually and learn how to handle increasingly larger sums of money. Plus, I want to earn it, not stumble into it.

I like trading. Therefore, I would probably invest a small part of this winnings in trading, increasing my deposit. I would use the rest of the money in a completely different area in order to diversify my risks and investments. You can’t keep everything in one basket.