iForex indicies and crypto for long-term trading

I’m looking for one more broker for long-term trading and I think this one fits my interest. I see iForex offers a good choice of cryptos and indices. That’s what I need.
To be exact, I need exactly US indices to trade them alongside cryptos. I recently noticed they move synchronically. Since cryptos usually follow Bitcoin, it makes sense to compose a sort of portfolio of cryptos and indices. For short-term trading other assets are more appropriate, but it’s not my primary concern. For me the broker’s regulation matters more now cuz it justifies long-term trading here.
What do you think about trading cryptos and indices synchronically?

I first heard about this relationship a year ago. It was a pleasant discovery for me. Earlier I was used to trading indices separately from cryptos bcz I didn’t know about that relationship. I often opened trades on indices in the morning and held’em till the evening. That’s a nice idea to combine these assets but I don’t do this. Long-term trading is not for me. I’m hot tempered and usually hold trades for an hour or two. For some reason I do the only exception for indices bcz these are one of the most predictable assets. As for the broker, I think any regulated broker is worth joining if you have extra funds to deposit, of course.

Ah you are looking US broker?

I haven’t opened a trading account with the broker yet but I’ll do it soon. That’s for sure. I like long-term trading. It’s not so nervous as short-term one. I hate anything nervous. I always seek a peaceful life. I know in trading it’s not always possible but long-term trading is close to it. Most of the time you need to wait and you are nervous only when the price approaches certain levels.

What do you mean by “long term”, are you talking days, months, years? Indices are expensive to hold through FX brokers. If you’re looking at holding for weeks or months then you might consider investing in an ETF through a stock broker.

Sorry I missed =/

I’m not necessarily looking for an American broker. It doesn’t matter for me which country it belong to. The main thing is that it should suit me as a partner. I’m talking about its attitude to me as a client, its trading conditions, and certainly regulation. The rest doesn’t matter. As I told above, this broker is interesting to me, although it’s not US but Hungarian, if I’m right.
As for what I mean by telling “long-term trading”, I can answer that in my understanding any trade that lasts for more than a day is long-term trading. Furthermore, I don’t see a problem in holding long-term indicies trades with FX brokers. As for ETFs, I tried them but I like cryptos and indices more.

I have recently joined the broker to trade cryptos. I’ve been trading for more than two years and all this time I trade cryptos only. I remember I tried some conservative assets such as currency pairs and indices and didn’t like them because I hate everything having to do with fundamentals, economic data and other similar stuff.
As a regulated company, the broker suits and the first trading week with it shows everything flows smoothly. I even made one withdrawal.

What strategies do you use?

I don’t have a concrete strategy. I just try to be as attentive as possible. I try to timely notice the moment the price hits a certain level and then immediately open a trade. That’s all. It’s all about the speed of reaction and the ability to focus on the chart.

I actively trade cryptos with this broker. It feels like I have tried nearly all strategies for cryptos I discovered online. The more I trade cryptos the more I realize that these are one of the most unpredictable assets ever.
I think all I need to do is to be attentive, as it was mentioned in the thread.

Crypto market makers are the blood thirstiest market makers of all market makers.

Yeah, they have no mercy for us. All I know about crypto trading that really helps me is that there are some price action patterns that repeat over and over again. It’s not even a classical price action teaching. I can hardly explain it to you in simple words, but if you are a very attentive person, you must have already noticed that there are certain patterns that precede a steep tumble or ascend. All you need to do is to memorize this stuff and get ready to make the most of it.

I do share this thought of yours. I noticed some patterns that seem to be working, but my memory sucks. I missed a bunch of good opportunities to enter the market. Perhaps, I should make a collection of chart screens to refresh these patterns in my memory over and over again.

I finally opened a real account with the iforex. Maybe I will trade here something more. I mean, not only indices and cryptos. As for these two, I’m already trading them. That’s fine. See nothing abnormal with the broker. Hope I will continue trading here.
Hm… Let me not to forget ‘bout one thing. I wanted to say about the relationship between cryptos and indices we discussed above. Yeah, at first I also thought that it was a true relationship. How I’m more prone to thinking that it’s just a coincidence.

Perhaps, you used the wrong word. Maybe you wanted to soften your thought but failed.

I don’t understand your thought too.

I wanted to say that cryptos dive because investors simply escape risky assets. The US inflation makes the Fed keep raising its interest rates. The strong greenback always suppresses American indices. Don’t forget that we are entering another recession. Indices exist much longer than cryptos. That’s a new stuff. There’s no direct relationship between’em. Indices at least reflect the US economy, while cryptos are an artificial thing, although it doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t earn on it. Of course, we should and we do.

I’m not digging the idea of cryptocurrencies, and actually, the whole market of digital assets is something you can call artificial. With this approach USTEC is an artificial index, as it includes the big tech companies that presumably don’t produce physical entities. And all our chat is artificial, video games, software and so on and so forth.

Maybe I didn’t make myself clear on that. I mean that as an investor or trader you can understand what is standing behind a certain index. As you said USTEC consists of top 100 US or non-US companies that are traded on the market. You know the economics of that. You can go even further and analyze all of the financial reports of the 100 companies to get the full view of the index.
With crypto, all these moments are not clear. I know that fiat currencies are backed up by the economies of different countries. They might be strong or weak, export or import, all sorts of things that define the price of fiat currency. What backs up crypto? Blockchain mechanism, that’s it I guess.

Believe me it’s more than just a blockchain. No doubt that blockchain is a core that has built around all the digital assets. That, actually, is one of the main reasons that Bitcoin is the primary driver for all cryptos. Anyways, there are a lot of things besides blockchain, like for example various consensus mechanisms and other stuff. Perhaps you should dive deeper into the crypto world. At the end of the day it won’t be useless because you want to trade it.