Ignore User function?

Hey there,

Is there a function on the forums to ignore posts from certain individuals? I feel like the forum trully suffers from being overflown with posts from a person, who’s understanding is questionable and writing style is appalling.

Or maybe a public lynch function, I am sure I am not the only person thinking this way.

3 Likes

I totally agree.

It’s an excellent suggestion (both are, actually!).

I thought I’d build up tolerance, but I haven’t: I find him increasingly exasperating.

1 Like

Me too. :confounded:

He means well I’m sure, but there isn’t a way of stopping him from misinforming beginners who (obviously) use this forum, and if you try, you end up in a long, complicated conversation with him, with the result that “bad turns worse”.

Having an “ignore” function might make the forum more tolerable.

I don’t know.

Probably I shouldn’t be here anyway, tbh. In that sense, I’m the one with the problem, not him.

Honestly, I would just not pay attention to any feedback. People are different and everyone has an opinion. Do not pay attention to the negative and life will become better.

There is no feature that ignores and then subsequently removes or hides one user’s topics or replies from another. We had something like this on the old system, but it isn’t a part of the built in feature set on the new system, nor is it offered as an addon or plugin by the developer or a 3rd party.

We’re trying to identify the feasibility of such a feature with the new system, and have a few ideas that we’ll be testing in the future. Ignoring someone sounds like a simple thing to implement, but it’s not clean. It can create confusion in a topic/thread, especially in question and answer scenarios, resulting in potentially duplicate answers, quoting of persons ignored by one but not by another. So it can get messy.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Thanks!

3 Likes