I'm a new to forex trading

Hello everyone,
I’m a newbie who is currently going through the School of Pipsology. I’m Stephen from Ghana and I’m happy to be part of this community.

1 Like

Welcome, Stephen!

1 Like

Thanks so much

Welcome to babypips! When did you start going through the School of Pipsology?

July last year. I’m now at middle school.

Awesome. Have you been demo trading?

I started but I’ve not been consistent. I just a post that is admonishing combining the education with demo trading and that’s what I’m going to do.

I just read one of your posts about staying off day trading, could you please explain why?

Try creating a trading journal thread here! I see lots of newbies do the same and it’s really helped a lot of them.

I think that would be great

It’s just too hectic for me especially since trading isn’t my full-time job. I’m not going to be spending hours upon hours per day looking at setups or figuring out whether I should exit/enter. I hold my trades for days/weeks sometimes. That being said, I’m also a newbie like you so it’s not like I have years of experience to draw from. But I hope my answer helps anyway!

It does. I actually started my journey in December 2017 with a 4 week training, I became disillusioned when I realized I wasn’t well equipped for trading so I left it. I still wanted to trade so I started searching and that’s how come I found babypips, I realized after going through some of the stuff here that I just didn’t have any idea what I was getting into. My work schedule was making it quite challenging but I’m determined to become a successful trader.

Hello @Crownempire! Welcome to the forums and good luck with the School of Pipsology!

Thank you Baemax023

1 Like

Where did you do this 4-week training?

Same.

Oh, I’m sorry. It was a weeks training by a forex academy here in Ghana

Oh. Hope they didn’t overcharge you!

Well I was so eager and there was a half price promotion that I thought I could take advantage of so I ended up paying $150.

Hi Stepheeeen! :smiley: Welcome here at BP! :slight_smile: So excited to hear more about your trading journey. :blush:

Hi ria_rose. Thanks. You guys are making me really feel at home and that’s deeply appreciated.